What's new

Strength of alliance between India-Isreal

Please do that. On this thread or a new one if you want.

I will try to answer as best as I can.

These are his views but I agree with most of them based on my own observations.

Third, the nauseating hypocrisy of Pakistan’s radicalizing West-hating, West-baiting leaders needs to exposed. For example, Imran Khan – who speaks of the West as the fountainhead of evil – prefers to keep his family in London and New York, owes his fame to a game invented by British colonialists, and employs real doctors rather than hakeems for his cancer hospital.

Here you go:

1 - Imran Khan has never demonized the west in front of his audience, All he says that Pakistan should look for her own interests rather than serving the Americans. So much so that he was appointed as the Chancellor of Bradford University, Now why would a British university nominate somebody as their chancellor when the eprson in question is known for his anti-west rants according to Hoodbhoy?

2- His family (only his two sons) are in London because he is divorced. I am sure Hoodbhoy knows what does a "divorce" stands for. According to the court's judgement, the two sons are to live with their mother ( a British national) untill they reach their adulthood, after which they can decide for themselves.

3- His third claim regarding Hakeems is really absurd as he is trying to imply that IK is anti - education. Now I can tell you that he is probably the only politician in Pakistan who urges the govt. time to time to declare an education emergency in the country. Not only that, he has also estabilished a science and technological university in a very remote area of the country for the less privileged and is absolutely free of cost for those who can't afford it. Those students are getting a University of Bradford degree while sitting in Pakistan for absolutely no or very little money. How good is that? He is now planning to turn that area into a knowledge city. Here's the video:

Besides, the only politician in Pakistan which is not under any American influence which is also supported by wikileaks. I wonder is that what is hurting Dr. Hoodbhoy? For your reference, I have found a video which is as recent as march 2nd 2011. See what he says in the end.

Also here is the defence.pk link for the wikileak report:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...litician-outside-us-influence-wiki-leaks.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go:

1 - Imran Khan has never demonized the west in front of his audience, All he says that Pakistan should look for her own interests rather than serving the Americans. So much so that he was appointed as the Chancellor of Bradford University, Now why would a British university nominate somebody as their chancellor when the eprson in question is known for his anti-west rants according to Hoodbhoy?

2- His family (only his two sons) are in London because he is divorced. I am sure Hoodbhoy knows what does a "divorce" stands for. According to the court's judgement, the two sons are to live with their mother ( a British national) untill they reach their adulthood, after which they can decide for themselves.

3- His third claim regarding Hakeems is really absurd as he is trying to imply that IK is anti - education. Now I can tell you that he is probably the only politician in Pakistan who urges the govt. time to time to declare an education emergency in the country. Not only that, he has also estabilished a science and technological university in a very remote area of the country for the less privileged and is absolutely free of cost for those who can't afford it. Those students are getting a University of Bradford degree while sitting in Pakistan for absolutely no or very little money. How good is that? He is now planning to turn that area into a knowledge city. Here's the video:

Besides, the only politician in Pakistan which is not under any American influence which is also supported by wikileaks. I wonder is that what is hurting Dr. Hoodbhoy? For your reference, I have found a video which is as recent as march 2nd 2011. See what he says in the end.

Also here is the defence.pk link for the wikileak report:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...litician-outside-us-influence-wiki-leaks.html

This is interesting. I understand you like Imran because of the several good things he has done for Pakistan and his charity efforts.

I would think that this was not the most important part of the article by any means.

Imran does rant against the West and I am sure you are aware of that. He rails against the USA all the time as well and calls them responsible for all the terror within Pakistan, never the Taliban. That is his brand of politics.

Many in Pakistan call him a (covert?) Taliban supporter. He has supposedly never criticized them, only the West and others for all the terror.

I think his comments about doctor and hakeem were meant to be taken as satire. If you rail so much against the West, why use the goodies that come from there?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is interesting. I understand you like Imran because of the several good things he has done for Pakistan and his charity efforts.

I would think that this was not the most important part of the article by any means.

Imran does rant against the West and I am sure you are aware of that. He rails against the USA all the time as well and calls them responsible for all the terror within Pakistan, never the Taliban. That is his brand of politics.

Many in Pakistan call him a (covert?) Taliban supporter. He has supposedly never criticized them, only the West and others for all the terror.

I think his comments about doctor and hakeem were meant to be taken as satire. If you rail so much against the West, why use the goodies that come from there?

I know this wasn't the most important part of the article, my point was that if there are several discrepancies, assumptions and lies in such a small paragraph, what would be the whole article like?

Regarding his political stance on Taliban, people often get him wrong on this. Here is his strategy that i have understood so far:

Understand the problem: The Taliban is a general term used for each and every group fighting the war without knowing the agenda or motivation. Some groups of locals are fighting Pakistan army in retaliation to their support to USA, some are fighting because they lost their loved ones in drone attacks, some are thugs and crooks who have joined TTP for the sake of protection and influence, some are real Taliban who have taken refuge in Pakistan and some groups are supported by foreign agencies. Imran's stance is that Pakistan should talk to the groups who are fighting for the first two reasons. Get out of this WOT and heal the wounds of people who lost their families in drone strikes. Than after alienating them, go for the other 2 groups by full force but only by police and intelligence agencies, not the army.

After almost a decade of fighting this war, I think the majority has started realizing that this war cannot be ended without talking to the Taliban. This is what IK has been saying all along.

Anyways we are going off topic, and should keep it for some other thread.

Anyways we are going off topic, and should keep it for some other thread.

Appreciate this perspective. And agree that we should discuss it some other time.

Your compulsive need to draw this interpretation doesn't mean anything. I have no hate for anyone because of what their ancestors did in our region.

You said "those brutal invasions of the subcontinent have not been forgotten and they are still an open wound". Your words, not mine.

You keep jumping from one Muslim crime to another in this thread. All the while ignoring similar crimes by Hindus and others throughout India's history.

BTW, what has India done that would equate to "holding hostage" "India's -- indeed all -- Muslims hostage to the past"?

From your own post #488
Negative views of Muslims were also strong in several Asian countries: Half or more of the Japanese, Indians, Chinese and South Koreans surveyed said they had negative impressions of Muslims.

More than half of Indians hold negative views about Muslims?

Israel-Palestine issue has nothing to do with India and India has played a bigger part in helping Palestine than almost any Islamic country.

This thread is about Israel and what India does with Israel.
Everybody wants to help the Palestinians; that is a given.

I have never done that. It is you who continuously do it.

You go on and on about how Pakistan should return land and properties to the refugees of 1947 while ignoring what happened to Muslims who had to leave India. You don't acknowledge that Muslims suffered just as much at the hands of fanatical Hindus and Sikhs in 1947.

For the last time, India still has a very sizable and growing Muslim community with full legal equality and protection.

Legal rights on paper mean squat when the majority hold prejudicial attitudes towards them.

Now look at your country, almost totally ethnically cleaned at the first chance you got.

Most of the Hindus left in 1947. Most of the rest remain and are doing just fine, despite media sensationalism.

Then you have the gall to preach to others!

Just pointing out that there's plenty of culpability to go around.

I have only replied to your continued hypocritical preaching and accusations of "anti-Islam" linkage to a mutually beneficial relationship that many of your own friends and allies also have.

You use this thread to jump from one anti-Pakistan or anti-Muslim rant to another, as a supposed justification of what the Israelis are doing.

And to your pretensions to moral superiority.

No need for pretensions when dealing with someone who excuses ethnic cleansing because he still has "open wounds" from centuries ago. You seem unable to discuss anything without plunging into an anti-Islam or anti-Pakistan rant.

I have never seen you own up to it. You always are in denial about it.

No denial. I have always maintained that these things are off-topic and should be discussed in their own thread.
I have consistently tried to resist your attempts at diversion.

Who said that justifies it.

You do. Every time I point out an Israeli situation, you come back with unrelated crimes by some Muslims somewhere else on the planet sometime in history.

It's exactly analogous to discussing apartheid with someone who constantly veers off into the bloody history of African tribes elsewhere, all because his great grandfather was mugged by a black guy once.

You always claim that the situation in Pakistan and Islamic countries is better than India and Western countries and when challenged with facts, accuse people of Islamophobia.

Where did I say that? I have always maintained that everyone has skeletons in the closet.

You want to discuss this really? Or would that again be Islamophobia?

Certainly. I am talking right now, not in the past.
Everyone has blood on their hands; that does not justify inaction now.
Other than Israel and Darfur, who else is holding millions of refugees hostage to their religion or ethnicity?

Darfur is one example where Arab Muslims committed horrible crimes against Africans (in a replay of what happened earlier on a much larger scale). I didn't see you or anyone from your country making any fuss.

Read again. I already said they are rightly condemned and isolated.

Also, you need to understand that this is not to justify another wrong, it is just to expose your pretensions that you bring to the table.

No pretensions. I do not justify present-day evil by excusing it because someone, somewhere unrelated to the victims may have committed similar crimes.

So would you recommend that everyone should boycott Sudan because of the horrible atrocities by Arab Muslims there? Do you condemn China for aiding those atrocities by supplying arms and diplomatic support to the brutish regime.

Already did. Absoluely on both counts.

These atrocities are on a much larger scale than in Palestine.

And nobody's excusing it; the regime should be held accountable.

BTW, millions of people became refugees in India and Pakistan also during 1947. The only reason they are not in tents now is because they were accommodated by the other countries.

The Arabs could have done that as well. They chose not to.

Different scenario entirely. The India-Pakistan split was mutually agreed and both countries were responsible for what happened. The creation of Israel was a unilateral decision made by force against the wishes of at least half the people actually living on that land.

You earlier claimed that Israel can defeat Pakistan with just loose change after keeping enough for the Arabs.

You claimed it, not I. Show me where I said it.

You also claimed that Israel has nothing to gain from India that it can't gain from the West and your friend China (that was acceptable!).

I still believe that. I think India gets far more from this relationship than India does.

You are hallucinating when you make the accusation that we "actively supply them with arms and/or training which will be used directly against the Palestinian civilians".

India trains with the IDF in counter-terrorism. The same IDF is then mobilized against Palestinians, and not all their activities are legit.

You and your ilk are stuck in the ancient past -- unable to move past the old invasions.

Those who forget their history are condemned to repeat it.

We won't forget. Just so that it won't repeat.

The barbarians are still at the gates (the Gazwa-Ul-Hind brigade) but they won't dare if we are ready for them.

The barbarians are still at the gates (the Gazwa-Ul-Hind brigade) but they won't dare if we are ready for them.

They are about as relevant as the Akhand Bharat crowd. Most of them are kids who think all this Gazwa will happen by magic -- just because it has been 'ordained'.
They have no clue about investing hard work in science and technology to achieve objectives.

You said "those brutal invasions of the subcontinent have not been forgotten and they are still an open wound". Your words, not mine.

Read my post#501.

You seem to be consumed by centuries old hate, jumping from one Muslim crime to another in this thread. All the while ignoring similar crimes by Hindus and others throughout India's history.

I knew this was coming. I preempted it already. Long back.

Refer to my post#388.

But in your warped mind, that Islamic invaders' brutality was justified by what happened to Buddhism in the region?

So would the sack of Baghdad by Halaku Khan and murder of millions of Muslims by Mongols be justified by the internecine or inter sect warfare between Arabs as per your warped logic?

Our own infighting doesn't give a license to perpetrate genocides and rapine here an more than Iran Iraq war gave a license to USA to kill Iraqis or Taliban brutalities gave it to others to kill Afghans.

From your own post #488
Negative views of Muslims were also strong in several Asian countries: Half or more of the Japanese, Indians, Chinese and South Koreans surveyed said they had negative impressions of Muslims.

More than half of Indians hold negative views about Muslims?

You can guess why Indians would do that. History as well as the terrorism coming from your country and the partition violence would be some of those reasons.

The real question you should ask is why "Half or more of the Japanese, Chinese and South Koreans surveyed said they had negative impressions of Muslims".

BTW, I am still waiting for your justification to this insinuation.

what has India done that would equate to holding "India's -- indeed all -- Muslims hostage to the past"?

This thread is about Israel and what India does with Israel.
Everybody wants to help the Palestinians; that is a given.

Agree.

You go on and on about how Pakistan should return land and properties to the refugees of 1947 while ignoring what happened to Muslims who had to leave India. Your anti-Muslim filter prevents you from acknowledging that Muslims suffered just as much at the hands of fanatical Hindus and Sikhs in 1947.

I am not anti-Muslim but I don't care when people like you apply this label. I have seen through it long back.

Yes, atrocities happened on both sides. In your case, it was total. Almost complete ethnic cleansing. In India's case, it was on a much smaller scale and the vast majority of Muslims remained in India and enjoyed full legal and constitutions rights.

I thought it was clear enough. Why can't you see the facts?

Legal rights on paper mean squat when the majority hold prejudicial attitudes towards them.

That is what you would like to think. Given the need to justify the TNT.

There are problems but not like what you would like to think based on very selected knowledge and interpretation that most of you display.

BTW, you guys don't even feel the need to provide them legal rights. So don't you think you are not a great position to question others?

Spare me that canard. Most of the Hindus left in 1947. Most of the rest remain and are doing just fine, despite media sensationalism.
We haven't had situations where the police and authorities used census data to round up and hunt down minorities and chop them up with swords, like your fanatical mobs did in 1984 and 2002.

I am sure you are taught that they left voluntarily and left their all behind in peace. Unlike the Palestinians?

How symbolic that you guys used the same techniques as the Nazis during KrystalNacht.

LOl. I see your love for India again.

Just pointing out that there's plenty of culpability to go around.

But it is you who is acting sanctimonious here!

You use this thread to jump from one anti-Pakistan or anti-Muslim rant to another, as a supposed justification of what the Israelis are doing.

No need for pretensions when dealing with someone who excuses ethnic cleansing because he still has "open wounds" from centuries ago. You seem unable to discuss anything without plunging into an anti-Islam or anti-Pakistan rant.

I don't feel the need to justify what Israel is doing. I am not doing that either.

If you had not called the relationship as anti-Islam, all this debate would be unnecessary.

The facts are coming as the debate is evolving. Be open to how the debate evolves rather than labeling me. Not that I care!

No denial. I have always maintained that these things are off-topic and should be discussed in their own thread.
I have consistently tried to resist your attempts at diversion.

Not very consistent!

BTW, all those diversions were very much replies to the points you raised when you justified your insinuations. They were very much "on-topic" in that sense, just uncomfortable and therefore "Islamophobic".

You do.
Every time I point out an Israeli situation, you come back with unrelated crimes by some Muslims somewhere else on the planet sometime in history.
It's exactly analogous to discussing apartheid with someone who constantly veers off into the bloody history of African tribes elsewhere, all because his great grandfather was mugged by a black guy once.

I would say that this is a misinterpretation by you. You claim superior treatment of minorities by Pakistan and Islamic countries, don't you?

Where did I say that? I have always maintained that everyone has skeletons in the closet.

You really want me to dig it. I have seen in numerous times. Only you lower the standard significantly. Like you were satisfied in this very thread that "at least, minorities are not packed off to ghettos in Islamic countries"!

Certainly. I am talking right now, not in the past.
Everyone has blood on their hands; that does not justify inaction now.
Other than Israel and Darfur, who else is holding millions of refugees hostage to their religion or ethnicity?

You suggested a closure by the Israelis for what they have done. When I suggested something similar for India, you accused me of "Islamophobia". Despite that there was far more brutality in India by the invaders.

BTW, I am not suggesting inaction. Darfur is the current one, there have been others earlier. I don't want to get into it unless challenged.

Read again. I already said they are rightly condemned and isolated.

Yes, would you still accuse China of aiding in that? Yes or No?

No pretensions. I do not justify present-day evil by excusing it because someone, somewhere unrelated to the victims may have committed similar crimes.

Please understand that I am not excusing anything. I have said that many times and it is getting repetitive.

Already did. Absoluely on both counts.

I didn't see you condemning China. May be you can show me that post. Or the threads where you were as vociferous.

And nobody's excusing it; the regime should be held accountable.

Good to know.

Different scenario entirely. The India-Pakistan split was mutually agreed and both countries were responsible for what happened. The creation of Israel was a unilateral decision made by force against the wishes of at least half the people actually living on that land.

Again, I don't want to get into the history of this too much because that is not directly related.

Still, UN decided to create the country and many Arabs sought to oppose it by force.

They lost the civil war and military war and have to accept the consequences of forcing that war.

You claimed it, not I. Show me where I said it.

You agreed to it. With much joy. ;)

I still believe that. I think India gets far more from this relationship than India does.

I think you meant "India gets far more from this relationship than Israel does".

I would excuse your thinking so. But still it is to India's interest then and you are opposing it just because you are an envious Pakistani.

Why shouldn't I dismiss all your concerns?

India trains with the IDF in counter-terrorism. The same IDF is then mobilized against Palestinians, and not all their activities are legit.

They don't need India's help for dealing with civilians or even all the combined Arab armies!

That is why!

They are about as relevant as the Akhand Bharat crowd. Most of them are kids who think all this Gazwa will happen by magic -- just because it has been 'ordained'.
They have no clue about investing hard work in science and technology to achieve objectives.

But that doesn't change their objectives (and you seem to agree with those objectives? There are far too many barbarians who think they will rule the world again, peace is just not in their nature) and we have to make sure that their arse is kicked so hard this time, they never rise form the dust.

And we will do what it takes to kick that arse. That is the first priority, ensuring the lives and dignity of our billion plus population, Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christians and all others.

Allies in this quest are welcome.

Developereo

some would like for you. If China has any restrictions in religion in Muslim, may be a requirement before the age of eighteen can not enter the mosque before, except for religious holidays. I have a parrots, I think it still exists, but other Chinese people told me it does not exist in reality. accurately, exists in name only from 10 years ago. China has a rapid economic development and society became more stable, no longer needed. I'm looking for some news that you can see That even children can be in the mosque. I am not a religious person, so some knowledge can not be updated. I am very sorry for it. want to change your understanding about China, in fact, it has changed me. I will be more careful to speak in religious context, to learn more.

To speak on Summer short course and adolescents on children in Changde Lixian Higashida weir mosque. Or even a religious children's short-term training courses.
³£µÂå¢Ïض«ÌïÑßÇåÕæËÂÊîÆÚÇàÉÙÄê¶ùͯ¶Ìѵ°àÉϵķ¢ÑÔ - ºþÄÏÉçÇø - ÖÐÄÂÍø - ×î´óµÄººÓïÄÂ˹ÁÖÉçÇø

Video on the hospitality of children eating watermelon in the mosque.

Muslim gatherings in mosques, you can find pictures with children in the fourth image.

±±¾©ÄÂ˹ÁÖÕ«ÔÂÉú»îɨÃ裺×ß½øÂíµéÇåÕæË - Á÷¹âÒç²Ê--¡¾ÄÂÇà»î¶¯¡¿ - ÖйúÄÂ˹ÁÖÇàÄê¾ãÀÖ²¿£¨China Muslim Youth Club £©-È«Çò×î´óÄÂ˹ÁÖÇàÄêÖÐÎÄÉçÇø¡£ÒÁ˹À¼ÐÅÑö-ÄÂ˹ÁÖ¿ªÐÄÍø-ÄÂ˹ÁÖ½»ÓÑ-ÄÂ˹ÁÖ¾Û»á ÖйúÄÂ˹ÁÖÇàÄêÍø-ÖйúÄÂ˹ÁÖÇàÄê¾ãÀÖ²¿-ÄÂ˹ÁÖ¿ªÐÄÍø-ÄÂ˹ÁÖÇàÄê

For the Uighur culture, that really there is no limit, even the Chinese government to encourage development. But you say the Uighur culture has been affected, it may be true, but the impact of this culture from the modern life, you can be said to be under the influence of Western culture, but all Chinese people including the HAN are subject to its influence, it is inevitable. I can only hope that it will not be rendered into Chinese and HAN reasons, because our culture is also affected by impact, to simply blame the HAN or China, I think it is unfair.

For Israel, can only say that you and Palestine go to solve the problem, fast, and if you can solve, and you'll get more friends. Force is not sufficient to solve your problem, and you use too much force.

By the way, if Pakistan can help China solve the problem of Uighur, as long as it does not violate the sovereignty of China, China will be very happy, I think that if there are ways to Pakistan, China is willing to provide tens of billions of dollars in checks to trade, without a hesitation .

China's Uighur problem to be solved, require significant investment in economic development, employment and culture, of course, diplomatic resources and more protective police force, it will far more than a few hundred billion dollars in the next few years. Even so, All takes time, not so simple to solve.

I have already written about the barely-concealed religious polarization of the world between the Christian, the Islamic, and the others. I would like to develop on it further in light of the topic's Israeli connection, and India and Pakistan. And this oft-repeated ghazwa-al-hind prophecy and the apparent impact it has on the psyche of some. Is it a coincidence that of the tri-polar world mentioned above, the third pole, the others, are aligned more to the Christian world than to the Muslim one? Why does the Muslim world today find itself more and more isolated and marginalized the world over? When the world has seen as much violence from the Christians over centuries as it has from the Muslims? Not only that, why is the Muslim world itself at war with itself?

The answers to many of these questions will go a long way in explaining the world's silence and looking the other way if not outright condoning of Israel's actions in the decades long war with the Palestinians. Israel may or may not have (or continue to have) a strong moral ground to stand on. But the Palestinian people (and their champions - moderate and militant) in particular and the Muslim world as a loosely heterogeneous whole have by their actions and stands taken over the intervening period, equally or even less so. And here lies the crux of the issue. Palestine bears the cross of its muslim-hood from association, more than it reaps the fruits. I still maintain what I had to say in an earlier post.

The Muslim world needs to sit back, introspect, play smart, and take a leaf out of the Christian book. Appear to embrace inclusion-ism versus a uni-polar Islamic identity. Appear to don the garb of tolerance. Appear to embrace democratic ideals. Appear to accept the tenets and people of other religious faiths within your own milieu. Appear less fanatical and fundamental in your social, cultural, and political leanings. Stop coveting geographical and human occupation as seen through a black-or-white totalitarian lens. At least appear to tolerate and not interfere and allow, if not out-rightly homogenize. Don't ghettoize. Don the benign garb of the responsible and avuncular senior world religion that Christianity has. Lure the third pole into a warm cozy sense of well-being and non-threatening tolerant acceptance.

Play Christianity at its own game. You and the world would be the better for it. And maybe, by association and a happy offshoot, so would Palestine.

Lure the third pole into a warm cozy sense of well-being and non-threatening tolerant acceptance.

A real tough challenge.

Let's see if they can play this game. I have my doubts.

Back
Top Bottom