What's new

Stories from the Middle East, especially from Saudi Arabia, Please share your personal experiences

MultaniGuy

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am writing about stories and personal experiences from the Middle East, especially Saudi Arabia.

I will add more information when I have time.

1) Most Saudis told me they want to have a foreign policy less dependent on USA.

2) Most Saudis believe 9/11 was an inside job and do not believe the hijackers were mostly Saudis.

3) Most Saudis I talked to prefer to have jobs in ARAMCO.

Your views? Your personal anecdotes. Please share.

Saudis tend to send their children to universities in USA, despite the fact that the relationship between USA and Saudi Arabia tends to be quite tense.

But what I like about Saudi Arabia, is that they do not do dual nationality.

If you want to be a Saudi, you have to be loyal to Saudi Arabia first.

I was briefly in Saudi. Even the suitcase scanner has a separate scanner for women with a dedicated attendant. There was no woman’s suitcase scanner attendant present so all the women had to stand to the side so the men could get through and until someone for them arrived

I was briefly in Saudi. Even the suitcase scanner has a separate scanner for women with a dedicated attendant. There was no woman’s suitcase scanner attendant present so all the women had to stand to the side so the men could get through and until someone for them arrived
There were Pakistani expatriates I met living in Dhahran ARAMCO.

Many went to USA for higher studies.

When one of them returned from University of Texas at Austin, he said they (USA) are better than us in everything except in religion (Islam). He said just that part though.

lol.

He was doing a Bachelor's degree in History and then a Master's degree in Accounting.

Oh well that was just his opinion. Personally I do not agree with him.

There is another story.

Another Pakistani from Dhahran told me when he was doing engineering in Canada, he would go to reddit, Khan Academy, and pirate-bay to get answers to textbooks, etc.

I know Saudis inside out. Work for a Prince who is the nephew of late King Fahad. Very intelligent guy and first Saudi to climb 7 summits. The most beautiful thing I observed most of them don't miss their prayers no matter what.

It seems like Saudi is trying to become another Dubai

"Saudi Arabia has decided to try to elevate tourism and entertainment into the second-largest sector of the economy after oil. Part of this is a drive for domestic tourism, an effort to dissuade Saudis and their cash from leaving the country every time they want to enjoy themselves. But it's also a pitch for international non-religious tourism. There’s even speculation that alcohol could be legalized in certain places to promote that industry"

I know Saudis inside out. Work for a Prince who is the nephew of late King Fahad. Very intelligent guy and first Saudi to climb 7 summits. The most beautiful thing I observed most of them don't miss their prayers no matter what.

Well they have no choice to skip prayers, once Azan is said you don't want to be the sore thumb sticking out from behind standing next to a food stall, Lol.

Yeah when I was growing up in Saudi Arabia in the Aramco camps like Udhailiyah, Abqaiq, Dhahran, and Ras Tunura.

Saudi Arabia is pretty strict. Most people there say Salah quite strictly and on time.

Well they have no choice to skip prayers, once Azan is said you don't want to be the sore thumb sticking out from behind standing next to a food stall, Lol.
All stores and shopping centres close for prayers.

Thats no longer true.

Oh I wasn't aware. Looks like Saudi Arabia has changed a lot in recent years.

I would love to do Umrah, but I am busy with my education at the moment.

Another story I heard in Saudi Arabia is that when people in the West hear Europeans converting to Islam in Saudi Arabia, or when they hear North Americans converting to Islam, usually they see them as traitors.

Like one famous convert like Yusuf Estes.
1648428728065.png

Back
Top Bottom