What's new

Status quo in Ladakh, no success so far, it’s not a positive development, says Rajnath Singh

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has said talks between India and China over the prolonged Ladakh standoff is still underway but with no success achieved. The minister also observed that there is status quo and it is not a positive development.
1609321944742.png

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has said talks between India and China over the prolonged Ladakh standoff is still underway but with no success achieved. The minister also observed that there is a status quo and it is not a positive development.

“Talks between India and China have been underway but no success has been achieved yet. There'll be another round of talks on military level which can take place anytime. But no meaningful outcome has been seen so far and there is status quo,” said Rajnath Singh in an interview to news agency ANI.

Rajnath then observed, “I don't think status-quo is a positive development. If there is status quo, it is natural how deployment cannot be reduced.”

The defence minister made it clear that India will not be reducing the Army deployment at the Ladakh borders and said that China is also likely to not reduce the deployment.

“Our expectation is that talks result in a positive outcome. If a country is expansionist and tries to occupy our land, then India has the strength, capability and power to not let its land go into anyone's hand, whether it is any country of the world,” said Rajnath Singh.

However, India wants to maintain peaceful relations with all nations, he added.

“I do not want to question the previous governments but I can say that ever since PM Modi took office, national security has been number one priority and we are providing maximum facilities to our defence forces,” said the defence minister.

China has badly blundered. Xi probably wanted to divert attention from the Chinese virus and initiated all these incursions. But he just helped India make up its mind. Knee hao.

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has said talks between India and China over the prolonged Ladakh standoff is still underway but with no success achieved. The minister also observed that there is status quo and it is not a positive development.
View attachment 701411

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has said talks between India and China over the prolonged Ladakh standoff is still underway but with no success achieved. The minister also observed that there is a status quo and it is not a positive development.

“Talks between India and China have been underway but no success has been achieved yet. There'll be another round of talks on military level which can take place anytime. But no meaningful outcome has been seen so far and there is status quo,” said Rajnath Singh in an interview to news agency ANI.

Rajnath then observed, “I don't think status-quo is a positive development. If there is status quo, it is natural how deployment cannot be reduced.”

The defence minister made it clear that India will not be reducing the Army deployment at the Ladakh borders and said that China is also likely to not reduce the deployment.

“Our expectation is that talks result in a positive outcome. If a country is expansionist and tries to occupy our land, then India has the strength, capability and power to not let its land go into anyone's hand, whether it is any country of the world,” said Rajnath Singh.

“I do not want to question the previous governments but I can say that ever since PM Modi took office, national security has been number one priority and we are providing maximum facilities to our defence forces,” said the defence minister.

am i allowed to share a gif here? @mods

View attachment 701411

Off topic
And I've probably posted this before

But whenever I look at this guy he reminds me of Ramses 2 mummy washed up on shore and in Egyptian museum.
Rajnath_Singh_PTI12.jpg
Ramses2-mummy.jpg
30bb0155558f3f5ed6e6def03a936e04.jpg

lol when will you attack to take back your lost 1200sq km ?

WRONG!!!!..........China has in FACT conquered 38,000 Square kms of Sovereign indian territory:

The amount of somersaults and 180 degree change in narrative from India , its becoming hilarious, India is desperate for disengagement. Every now and then we hear from Indian media on how China and India have reached the agreement, then the usual out pour of Indian trolls and their jubilations, only to go back in their shells.

Pathetic.

Modi is covering the blatant incompetence of his govt in handling the pandemic, created scenes in the border with China to divert the attention of the Indian population from his govt. He may have sold out India's Non-aligned status to kiss Trump's @$$ by jumping in the Quad gang-up and creating stories against China... some costly adventure in the long run, earning just small gains in that process.

Strategically I think Modi did plan the border scenes to also cover his J&K aka. IOK complete takeover, then the ugly handling of pandemic in domestic India made the diversion necessities were even more compelling!

Time will tell the long-time outcomes of Modi govt's policies in seeking conflicts with India's neighbors: China, Pakistan, Nepal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom