What's new

State Bank of Pakistan increases interest rates to 12.25%. Shift saving to Pakistan and get more

Thanks for your valuable input but I think there is some sort of misunderstanding. i am talking about Pakistan, not america. For you your system for us ours.

laws of economics do not differ

2% of population has not right to impose their will on 98%

The elite do control the country and it was created for their benefit so they do impose their will on the majority.

Thanks for your valuable input but I think there is some sort of misunderstanding. i am talking about Pakistan, not america. For you your system for us ours.

Interest based system is a reality in Pakistan as well as America. It has always been the system in Pakistan. Your system OTOH is unheard of. Even our islamic banks are interest based.

This will now also bring dollar price down and it will also bring inflation down as well.

Dollar price to crash in Pakistan. If you have invested in dollar best time to cash is before May 21 after that it will start to fall and every day you wait you lose. Why?
A. Because high interest rates will restrict PKR supply to buy dollar.
B. High interest rates will give more return than dollar and people will sell this will make dollar price crash
C. High interest rates will restrict people and banks from taking loans and investing in dollar
D. High interest rates will decrease property price and money will flow from dollar to property.
E. More inflow of money from Gulf countries to Pakistan as interest rates there are low.

People in SBP and commercial bank's treasuries are not only stupid but lack the imagination and marketing skills, foreign residents if they invest in GoP paper like TBill and PIB through SCRA, they can earn double digit returns and help pakistan as well. Both papers are liquid and SCRA are protected accounts, if the investors buys a forward cover they could also hedge for potential upsides in the exchange rate.

Last edited:
People in SBP and commercial bank's treasuries are not only stupid but lack the imagination and marketing skills, foreign residents if they invest in GoP paper like TBill and PIB through SCRA, they can earn double digit returns and help pakistan as well. Both papers are liquid and SCRA are protected accounts, if the investors buys a forward cover they could also hedge for potential upsides in the exchange rate.

Is it possible for a lay person in the west to buy futures related to the PKR? To hedge his position I mean.

laws of economics do not differ

If you consider your self friend of Pakistan then respect our choice
If you consider your self enemy of Pakistan and
-I am right, then your opinion does not matter
-I am wrong, Fundamental principal of enmity: When your enemy makes mistake don't correct him

If Pakistan is nothing to you and
-I am right, then you will have 2nd choice in terms of economic system
-I am wrong, there is nothing for you to loose

If you consider your self friend of Pakistan then respect our choice
If you consider your self enemy of Pakistan and
-I am right, then your opinion does not matter
-I am wrong, Fundamental principal of enmity: When your enemy makes mistake don't correct him

If Pakistan is nothing to you and
-I am right, then you will have 2nd choice in terms of economic system
-I am wrong, there is nothing for you to loose

i have no dog when it comes to internal affairs of pakistan. you adopt whatever economic plans work for you.
fundamental laws of economics do not change

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom