What's new

Star Wars film sets records in China

download-618x450.jpg

Well they did have some issues with the poster and changes were made.

The black guy is smaller and the football droid enlarged.

Now Hollywood needs to take China market into consideration when they write the screen plays. Not too long ago, Chinese were still portrayed as bad guys in those "good vs evil" brainwashing Hollywood pieces, and starting from "Red Dawn", the trend has been reversed. In last years "The Martian", those evil commie even came up with a solution and saved NASA's Mars Mission. Nobody hates money, no even those always politically correct in Hollywood. :D

With that Chinese guy in Star Wars. It could make 5 billion in China alone.
rogue-one-cast-photo-d23-1536x864-521514304075.jpg

[/QUOTE Almost all Chinese I know of watch more Hollywood movies per year than I do here in the states.

I am not sure if one Chinese GOOD guy in the movie make difference or not, but China bashing won't sell in China that is for sure. By the way, almost all Chinese I know of watch more Hollywood movies per year than I do here in the states.

Everything is so filthy in Star Wars. Everyone needs good shower.

This kind of Hollywood mode referring to Chinese market may not last long, I am afraid.
At least I feel tired that a Chinese star play a minor role in the movie. (For example, I watched X-man last year, but now I can only remember Fan Bingbing ever joined in the movie, I forget details plot of the film.)
Mulan or Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is the right direction, in future America-China movie cooperation I hope. Hollywood can gain reputation and money together.

This kind of Hollywood mode referring to Chinese market may not last long, I am afraid.
At least I feel tired that a Chinese star play a minor role in the movie. (For example, I watched X-man last year, but now I can only remember Fan Bingbing ever joined in the movie, I forget details plot of the film.)
Mulan or Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is the right direction, in future America-China movie cooperation I hope. Hollywood can gain reputation and money together.

Basically, it won't.

This is not about market, but rather who would write those script and who would greenlight the production. For an American production, you need a topic people in America can relate to. And if a normal production company bring a Crouching Tiger type script in a Hollywood guy, they would have it rejected.

Of course China can start these kind of production and try to key them with Hollywood producer, but to be fair, people in the west don't know much about Chinese culture, and those movie will only hit it once in a while, but it would not make much if you keep them coming. If you want Crouching Tiger type movie, your market will be China, not US. Therefore those big wig won't green light these type of production easy as mainstream.

So my guess is that Hollywood should make movies that has Vietnamese and Filipinos as enemies just to cater the Chinese market?

Noooooooo! Middle Easterners are providing all of the enemy prototypes that Hollywood needs for the next decade. For an Asian enemy, Kim Jong-Un has been given the role. And, too, Hollywood also loves American homegrown government conspiracy enemies, like rogue NSA operators that are uncovered by heroes like Edward Snowden. If those enemies get tired, aliens from outer space are available. The Vietnamese and Filipinos are safe.

New Star Wars sucks. This movie made me squim in Theatre.
Its a disgrace to the legendary character of Darth Vader. Only in this movie, can an untrained Jedi can defeat an well trained Jedi trained by Luke and dark side powers :suck:

Hell even mens without force injuring him, like Finn. :suck: It seems Lucas didnt know how to proceed and he made the old story starting again replacing Palpatine with Snake :suck:

New Star Wars sucks. This movie made me squim in Theatre.
Its a disgrace to the legendary character of Darth Vader. Only in this movie, can an untrained Jedi can defeat an well trained Jedi trained by Luke and dark side powers :suck:

Hell even mens without force injuring him, like Finn. :suck: It seems Lucas didnt know how to proceed and he made the old story starting again replacing Palpatine with Snake :suck:

Lucas had nothing to do with this new storyline my friend. He sold the rights to the film properties almost four years ago to Disney. Regarding your other point.

:::SPOLIERS:::

Rey being able to defeat Kylo Ren was absolutely complete bull****

The reasoning by some was that he wasn't completely trained himself and fought much more with emotion. That he also severely underestimated her and he was already injured (from the laser blast) he got earlier.

Still complete garbage though, because she wasn't trained at all. There is absolutely no way she could have defeated him.

Lucas had nothing to do with this new storyline my friend. He sold the rights to the film properties almost four years ago to Disney. Regarding your other point.

Rey being able to defeat Kylo Ren was absolutely complete bull****

The reasoning by some was that he wasn't completely trained himself and fought much more with emotion. That he also severely underestimated her and he was already injured (from the laser blast) he got earlier.

Still complete garbage though, because she wasn't trained at all. There is absolutely no way she could have defeated him.

Still fighting much more with emotion attracts a person more to the dark side. Even with that basis Kylo Ren should be more powerful . I guess they will give some bull**** reason why she was able to defeat Ren in the next part. I was in theatre imagining, Luke will finally show himself defeating Ren. But the way the direction the movie took, it sucked.

Still fighting much more with emotion attracts a person more to the dark side. Even with that basis Kylo Ren should be more powerful . I guess they will give some bull**** reason why she was able to defeat Ren in the next part. I was in theatre imagining, Luke will finally show himself defeating Ren. But the way the direction the movie took, it sucked.

I agree with you! I was quoting some of the explanations I've been reading by others

Although Kylo Ren was as you know, at many times very irrational, childlike and off the rails. There is absolutely no way he should have been bested by her.

By her defeating him practically ruined the movie for me. I can only hope he defeats her in their next encounter.

I agree with you! I was quoting some of the explanations I've been reading by others

Although Kylo Ren was as you know, at many times very irrational, childlike and off the rails. There is absolutely no way he should have been bested by her.

By her defeating him practically ruined the movie for me. I can only hope he defeats her in their next encounter.

When he wasnt able to kill her without training, there is no way he can do that when and after Rey is trained by Luke :P

Basically, it won't.

This is not about market, but rather who would write those script and who would greenlight the production. For an American production, you need a topic people in America can relate to. And if a normal production company bring a Crouching Tiger type script in a Hollywood guy, they would have it rejected.

Of course China can start these kind of production and try to key them with Hollywood producer, but to be fair, people in the west don't know much about Chinese culture, and those movie will only hit it once in a while, but it would not make much if you keep them coming. If you want Crouching Tiger type movie, your market will be China, not US. Therefore those big wig won't green light these type of production easy as mainstream.

I agree to some your points. I meant the Hollywood operation, not the Crouching Tiger type, or any script.
For example, I heard recently they are producing The Three-body Trilogy, I mean they can cooperate with Hollywood's operation, such as special effects, music and propaganda mode.

See, this is just one of the things americans should thank China for, star wars 7 will flop without the help of China's huge movie industry.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom