What's new

Sri Lankans express solidarity with Kashmiris

I worked with both Tamils and Sinhalese people and I can tell you that both sets did not hate me (being a Indian) but yes my Sinhalese friend did hate Tamils (but maybe he was a exception) I can not speak for everyone. Infact my Sinhalese co-worker used to give me lifts home in his car he was big softie at heart. (Although when I first met him he did ask me if I support the Tamils in Lanka lol) him being a big bastard I said I did not :enjoy:

As for the Tamils, I know many from Lanka and some who have been active in the war with the Tigers and the stories they told me about kidnapping while sleeping in their homes etc made them join the movement.

So for me I do not have a stance I just get both sets of opinions, I don't know why they hate each other and hope they can both live in peace.
Individual relations are different than national relations, for example, Pakistani and Indian people living in Canada, live and work together. We get along quite well, and numerous times have held joint political rallies, but when it comes to politics between India and Pakistan, there is extreme tensions.

Pakistan is itself reliant on other countries for military support.
Since when did you guys start giving "massive military support" ?:what:
They dint need some hightech weapons they werent fighting with some other country they needed some heavy weapons which we produce enough for our own need and export them too.

Sri Lanka has no love for India, even if the current gov seems to want better relation with it. Sri Lankans blame India for supporting LTTE, and like Pakistan for giving it massive military support when they needed it most.

actually no..many sri lankans love india..they love sri lanka and are angry india's interference in 70's and 80's and they equally blame past sri lankan govts for screwing up relationship with India, but they still consider India as their cultural homeland(just like Maldivians btw). And also get ur facts rite...india provided a lot of non-offensive weapons like vehicles, radars, even ships..And also LTTE could not have been wiped out if we had interfered. So go to sri lanka and talk to locals there, instead of relying on PDF and online news portals like The Island which is known for its pro-rajapakshe slant(who recently was kicked out by srilankans and voted a pro-Indian govt).

actually no..many sri lankans love india..they love sri lanka and are angry india's interference in 70's and 80's and they equally blame past sri lankan govts for screwing up relationship with India, but they still consider India as their cultural homeland(just like Maldivians btw). And also get ur facts rite...india provided a lot of non-offensive weapons like vehicles, radars, even ships..And also LTTE could not have been wiped out if we had interfered. So go to sri lanka and talk to locals there, instead of relying on PDF and online news portals like The Island which is known for its pro-rajapakshe slant(who recently was kicked out by srilankans and voted a pro-Indian govt).
Whatever you want to believe, go ahead, but don't twist facts. You said it yourself "non-offensive weapons", when Sri Lanka asked for weapons to defend against LTTE offensives, and go on an offensive to end the war, India consistently refused. If it wasn't for Pakistan, SL would have been overrun. In fact, both Sri Lanka's military establishment and government, both believe that India backed the LTTE covertly.

n fact, both Sri Lanka's military establishment and government, both believe that India backed the LTTE covertly.

Nobody in SL believes that. They are not stupid. Pakistan's help? Without Indian assistance, Sri Lanka would never have won. It was the Indian navy that effectively blockaded the LTTE. The Sri Lankans understood that the then government needed to step carefully because of Tamil Nadu politics. However they know the score .

Whatever you want to believe, go ahead, but don't twist facts. You said it yourself "non-offensive weapons", when Sri Lanka asked for weapons to defend against LTTE offensives, and go on an offensive to end the war, India consistently refused. If it wasn't for Pakistan, SL would have been overrun. In fact, both Sri Lanka's military establishment and government, both believe that India backed the LTTE covertly.
i would quote u "Whatever you want to believe, go ahead, but don't twist facts." ..u guys do not really care if tamilians are wiped out...as they r mostly hindus. But India cares abt Sinhalese too. so we provided them stuff to protect themselves, instead of offensive weapons that eventualy would be used to commit genocide against Tamils...please put a proper source to support ur point that srilankan military's belief that india provided support covertly to LTTE during the last LTTE-srilanka war(and after 1992). Then we can discuss..or ur arguments will only be considered propaganda and nothing else..

So some pakistani mullas conducted a seminar in sreelanka.. Must be a great achievement.

So some pakistani mullas conducted a seminar in sreelanka.. Must be a great achievement.

Uff ! How heartbreaking.

Shouldn't the Sri Lankans be thinking of those in Jafna instead ?

International help has kept the war crime issue at bay.

Kid not good go back to school learn how to spell Sri Lanka right and then come back to comment. :) This place is waste of time, you have a career ahead of you think about that. Sri Lanka, Kashmir, India and Pakistan are not going anywhere we will still be on the same page by the time you complete your graduation.

Kid not good go back to school learn how to spell Sri Lanka right and then come back to comment. :) This place is waste of time, you have a career ahead of you think about that. Sri Lanka, Kashmir, India and Pakistan are not going anywhere we will still be on the same page by the time you complete your graduation.
do you know Sree and Sri mean the same

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom