What's new

Sri Lanka imposes curfew after Buddhist-Muslim clashes

Oh dont get me wrong.. These are rabid Buddhist extremists.. But to call them Buddhists at value is wrong .. Just political tools to propagate what is called Sinhala Buddhism
Everything is not about value! no?

These things happen to rally support everywhere,Repubs do it,india politicos do it ,its just about everywhere .

Though i think People do not like bully nature of Muslims with small population.

Everything is not about value! no?

These things happen to rally support everywhere,Repubs do it,india politicos do it ,its just about everywhere .

Though i think People do not like bully nature of Muslims with small population.

This has been brewing for some time.. These groups are under the auspicious of certain sections of the regime as i have stated before.. They use these goons to whip up communal issues to divert the attention of the masses from the real issues at hand.. Thats why i said just because these thug monks wear saffron robes they do not represent either the Buddhists nor Sinhalese.. And they dont just target Muslims but Christians as well..

Oh dont get me wrong.. These are rabid Buddhist extremists.. But to call them Buddhists at value is wrong .. Just political tools to propagate what is called Sinhala Buddhism

Btw i'm not even a Buddhist but i know for a fact these are fringe groups with little support from the majority of the people, Because these goons do not represent them
Dude, regardless of what Buddhism says, if these people commit crimes in the name of Buddhism or for the benefit of Buddhism as they claim, they should be called Buddhist extremists.

All third world politics.. These thugs are created and operated to divert the attention of the masses of more pressing problems of corruption, nepotism of the govt and the unbearable cost of living.. By espousing communal hate.. They created a monster that seems to be getting out of control
I disagree. This is some famous conspiracy theory. This will only bring trouble to the government than distracting anyone from "real problems". Government already enjoys a comfortable position because there's no opposition to challenge them.

I disagree. This is some famous conspiracy theory. This will only bring trouble to the government than distracting anyone from "real problems". Government already enjoys a comfortable position because there's no opposition to challenge them.

Sorry but it's a well known fact that the BBS is working under the Sec of Def.. It's secretory Gnanasara is openly travelling in vehicles of the MoD which are unregistered to begin with and have been issued with weapons

Just think who gave permission to the BBS to hold a meeting in Aluthgama against the appeals of so many Muslim and other organizations that were expecting this violence,?? When just a week ago a communal clash was averted in the same town ?

And this is the same govt that banned northern people of commemorating thier dead siting disruptions to racial harmony ? And brutally attack Uni students from protesting siting breach of peace ?

They created a monster and now the monster is out of control

bbs-gota.jpg

Violence & Buddhists just don't go together.. at least that's what I thought!

Violence & Buddhists just don't go together.. at least that's what I thought!

What these goons are propagating is ultra nationalist Sinhala Buddhism, It has nothing to do with Buddhism as a religion or what the lord Buddha preached

Sorry but it's a well known fact that the BBS is working under the Sec of Def.. It's secretory Gnanasara is openly travelling in vehicles of the MoD which are unregistered to begin with and have been issued with weapons

Just think who gave permission to the BBS to hold a meeting in Aluthgama against the appeals of so many Muslim and other organizations that were expecting this violence,?? When just a week ago a communal clash was averted in the same town ?

And this is the same govt that banned northern people of commemorating thier dead siting disruptions to racial harmony ? And brutally attack Uni students from protesting siting breach of peace ?

They created a monster and now the monster is out of control

bbs-gota.jpg
So what's reason for all this mess? By the way, there shouldn't be any Muslim territory, Buddhist territory etc. Sri Lanka is Sri Lanka and every single square inch is Sri Lankan territory.

I don't think Sri Lankan society is stupid enough to fall into religious crap. After all these third world garbage should know their priorities. Whole world laughs at them while they are fighting for silly reasons.

BBS bastard should be banned and government should regulate what goes on in mosques.

Well that is what needs to be done. But the problem is who will bell the cat?? If you try to regulate things going on in the mosques there will be retaliation....being an island you are safe from people who in countries like India crosses the border to carry out their religious war. I think if you cannot stop the so called peace lovers....soon Sri Lanka will have a bigger mess than the Tamils.

What these goons are propagating is ultra nationalist Sinhala Buddhism, It has nothing to do with Buddhism as a religion or what the lord Buddha preached
Oh well.. looks like they are borrowing idea from another religion where there are many versions exists & interpreted as per convenience to propagate the violence

Well that is what needs to be done. But the problem is who will bell the cat?? If you try to regulate things going on in the mosques there will be retaliation....being an island you are safe from people who in countries like India crosses the border to carry out their religious war. I think if you cannot stop the so called peace lovers....soon Sri Lanka will have a bigger mess than the Tamils.
That will be a problem if they start to implement rules all of a sudden but if they carry out the process slowly without making a huge noise there won't be many problems. Sri Lanka should be a secular country and there should be no place for religious backwardness. Government already banned Niqab wearing women from voting and there was no retaliation so small steps like that could be taken to slowly achieve the goal.

So what's reason for all this mess? By the way, there shouldn't be any Muslim territory, Buddhist territory etc. Sri Lanka is Sri Lanka and every single square inch is Sri Lankan territory.

I don't think Sri Lankan society is stupid enough to fall into religious crap. After all these third world garbage should know their priorities. Whole world laughs at them while they are fighting for silly reasons.

And you need to remember they are not only targeting Muslims they started off with Christian places of worship before they made anti Halal their slogan.. As for motives ?? Well bro power and absolute corrupt power can make people do the unthinkable.. Like i said they created a monster to play with the sensibilities of people for political motives and now it's out of control

WTH is going on in Asia especially South Asia.

We should control religious extremists and hang them in public so no one stand up for such acts again in the future.

Why don't they attack Hindu places of worship?

Because they dont see them as a viable political tool.. Partly because in SL Buddhism and Hinduism is intertwined, Despite the propaganda of Tamil seperatists and those politcians in Tamil Nadu.. Often you get Hindu deities in Buddhist temple and Buddhist bo tree's in Hindu temples all over the island.. Abrahamic religions though are easy targets

WTH is going on in Asia especially South Asia.

We should control religious extremists and hang them in public so no one stand up for such acts again in the future.

It's all politics bro.. Nothing to do with religion.. Unfortunately those in power manipulate situations for thier advantage.. so it's not that easy

It's all politics bro.. Nothing to do with religion.. Unfortunately those in power manipulate situations for thier advantage.. so it's not that easy
Actually its us who vote for these scums and then we abuse them for what they do.

We should change ourselves first.

That will be a problem if they start to implement rules all of a sudden but if they carry out the process slowly without making a huge noise there won't be many problems. Sri Lanka should be a secular country and there should be no place for religious backwardness. Government already banned Niqab wearing women from voting and there was no retaliation so small steps like that could be taken to slowly achieve the goal.

Did they really ? What a strange step !

I don't like the Niqab myself nor does any woman I know of either amongst friends or family wears one; I personally think its got a lot more to do with Arab Culture and a lot less to do with Islam but to each his own I suppose - But why ban them ?

Back
Top Bottom