What's new

Sri Lanka Exports 4,000 Computers Monthly to Pakistan

100% ? u mean the processors ? memory ? HDD ? no country can do that except CHINA there r cost considerations...The sub continent can afford only Chineese /Taiwan components and most of the US companies source from China.

100% Technology Transferred from Chinese Company To Sri Lankan Company, I Think You Know Sri Lanka AND China best friends, Beijing has a Special relationship with Colombo. Beijing provides Economic AND Military Support to Colombo.

that means u make Processors,RAM,harddiscs, monitors ? etc..China doesn't hold any rights or knowhow of CPU's so how can they transfer technology ?

that means u make Processors,RAM,harddiscs, monitors ? etc..China doesn't hold any rights or knowhow of CPU's so how can they transfer technology ?

Chinese Companies had Transferred 100% Technology to Sri Lanka, Venizuela, Iran, (i dont know about Pakistan).

Regarding rights, I Think we all know about Asian Super Power China & How China works.

Last edited:
If u don't know much PLEASE don't post..thrz no such technology in PC assembling..even a child can assemble it in a matter of a couple of hours...only thing one has to source components (peripherals) and the whole world knows its from China the manufacturing takes place with American Japan companies doing manufacturing with cheap locally available labor in China..

If u don't know much PLEASE don't post..thrz no such technology in PC assembling..even a child can assemble it in a matter of a couple of hours...only thing one has to source components (peripherals) and the whole world knows its from China the manufacturing takes place with American Japan companies doing manufacturing with cheap locally available labor in China..

You Dont Know about China AND not me, I think first you should search more about Computers made in China.

You Dont Know about China AND not me, I think first you should search more about Computers made in China.

come on...it must be just integrating various peripherals, sourced from China,Monitors in knocked down kits..Economy of scale comes into effect here.

The top rank computer company like IBM, DELL, HP .... also use computer components all over the world! Indians should laugh at these companies!

Sri Lanka will be more and more properous! And it's none of Indian's business! Please not to be so jealous!

stax you dont understand what the indians are saying do you?

we are saying that china is the country that is making the components and the sri lankans are assembling them as opposed to making the parts themselves .....we have nothing to be jelous of sri lanka when we also have companies in india ....which ofcourse has a lot of components coming from china

stax you dont understand what the indians are saying do you?

we are saying that china is the country that is making the components and the sri lankans are assembling them as opposed to making the parts themselves .....we have nothing to be jelous of sri lanka when we also have companies in india ....which ofcourse has a lot of components coming from china

But Sri Lanka is developing its industry now. I think we should encourage and bless Sri Lanka, not to offend them.

Chinese has already designed, developed and manufactured its own CPU Loongson. Please see the following link:
Loongson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Loongson (aka Godson) is already at Loogson 3 which is a quad-core at around 2GHz. It will be the basis of China's first domestically designed Peta-flop Supercomputer. In fact it will be the first Peta-flop that doesn't use Intel nor AMD!

I'm looking forward to it, especially when the CPU only uses ~10 Watts!!!:china:

A few comments:

Assembling a computer is not difficult but diagnosing problems in it is. Its the after sales service that matters most. Therefore its a service oriented business.

Computer components are manufactured all over the world. A lot of parts are manufactured in south korea, taiwan, china, malaysia and thailand. SL does not possess a semi conductor industry. Its highly unlikely that any parts are manufactured in SL except perhaps the casing and power supply unit.

Nevertheless assembling is a productive exercise in itself. For example the creation of ready made garments for export is big business in Pakistan and SL. While Pakistan sources most of its cotton cloth locally, in SL all the cloth and yarn is imported but sewing is done locally. So saying that assembling is no big deal is not entirely true.

Back
Top Bottom