What's new

Spooked by India, Pak to modernize nuclear capabilities in 2022; Pentagon official warns

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

May 18, 2022 Pak will likely modernize and expand nuclear capabilities by training with deployed weapons this year. As per a top Pentagon intelligence official, Pakistan will also aim to develop new delivery systems. Spooked by India's conventional force superiority, Pak considers nuclear capabilities key to survival.

Doesn't change the balance. Both countries already possess the ability to annihilate the other. With MAD in place, it allows both countries to spend more on people, at least in principle.

Doesn't change the balance. Both countries already possess the ability to annihilate the other. With MAD in place, it allows both countries to spend more on people, at least in principle.
MAD is also a constantly evolving phenomenon. With the addition of ABMs, and Nuclear submarines, if India decides that it can take a few tactical nukes to the face, it may try to break Pakistan into two.

MAD is also a constantly evolving phenomenon. With the addition of ABMs, and Nuclear submarines, if India decides that it can take a few tactical nukes to the face, it may try to break Pakistan into two.
True

Pakistan may try to develop advanced medium range nuclear systems. Something that may come as next line of defence after the NASAR missile system.

And if that face happens to be capital Dehli and few other big Indian cities with Exported oriented production and nuclear facilities. India itslef cease to exist for all means and purposes.

why are we suddenly spooked?

Pakistan should modernize nuclear capabilities isn't it obvious?

Video says Pakistan May modernize.. we still thinking?

Depends. Title of the video is from Hindustan Times.

Apparently the Government & ISPR are feeding all confidential information to that particular News Media.

OR

Its a excellent clickbait for the masses.

[I'd bet on the latter]
i knew about these clickbait sensational titles youtube videos, i was just trying to play my part in this stupidity -
and i am sure lot of indians have already masterbated watching that video :)

India has mother of all nuclear bomb. A big big bomb.

Nobody wants a nuclear Holocaust but the other side needs to believe you have people willing to do it. Mush wargammed it and best course then was to use 50 nukes simultaneously all over india to devastate them enough to have possibility of no second strike. Problem is you will be responsible for more deaths than all previous killers combined to save your one nation. Indians need to believe we have that sort of a killer in our midst. As much I like IK he’s not it at all. Islamic ally killing so many innocents is abhorrent. Tbh, me too. Would rather die than be responsible for 500 million deaths and erasure of an entire civilization. We need a hardline army chief. More facial hair the better.

India has mother of all nuclear bomb. A big big bomb.
Largest Indian tested weapon is only 15-20kt larger than largest Pak weapon. The other nuclear countries operate 50-100 times larger bombs.

Largest Indian tested weapon is only 15-20kt larger than largest Pak weapon. The other nuclear countries operate 50-100 times larger bombs.
Pakistan has had the capability to make hydrogen bomb since 2011. We could create nukes in the megaton range if we wanted.

Back
Top Bottom