What's new

Splitting India

I beg to differ, they will always will be outsiders.

Yes, Sub-continent Muslims like you may love to differ with the thought that Mughals were Indians. It is because by differing, the Muslims can always portray themselves as foreigners and pretend to be from a higher planet than the local Indians when in reality these Muslims were just a bunch of hungry desert people from the central Asia who fled their motherland to this land of plenty.

I am not counting no. of nations.:girl_wacko:

I said 1100 Million Hindus (including sikhs,christians also) cannot dominate 540 Million Muslims in a single country. So Muslim league leders were incompetent and too paranoid of Hindus in thinking that the majority Hindus would crush the minority Muslims in a purely secular country without special rights to Muslims.

and to answer your question, 1100 are in benefit as they are united. but the 540 are divided into three groups. Thanks to the inept Muslim League :kiss3:

Muslims League saved India from a potential civil war in future although that was not the intention for which they demanded partition. Also instead of consolidating Muslims or making Muslims secular (intention and vision of Jinnah for Pakistan) it failed in both its objectives.

Muslims were not consolidated - but divided into three groups.

Muslims did not become secular - they became more radicalised in Pak/Ban. Ironically the Indian Muslims are more secular and progressive minded compared to the other two.

Well well well ....Indian and their obsession of Mahabaharat ...... if you have come back from your tour of past my dear @timetravel you have to accept the present as it is ..... my dear your attitude of calling name to muslim league leader of that time could only boost your ego ..... you say muslims are divided i think they have two Nation states and share the resources of the third nation.

I really don't know its a wishful think Indian secular circles or Hindu fundamentalist in South Asia to give the new definition to muslims and Islam like Secular Islam, Political Isalm, Fundemental Isalm this Islam or that Islam....dear how do you people gauge progressiveness, secularism or any other "ism" in any community ......???

Last edited by a moderator:
We have the Songs like Vande Matram to unite the Indians. We pray for our country and consider it our Motherland. That is why we are united and loyal to our country.

What is the patriotic song of Pakistan comparable to vande Matram?

Huh? Pakistan has many patriotic songs including our national anthem. Pakistanis consider Pakistan their homeland or motherland as well, & at this point the country remains united in spite of the various problems it faces. By the way, songs are useful for motivation, peace, & entertainment during war or peace times, but they alone can't do sh!t to unite any country.

I thought of adding a new perspective to this and the idea of India. I remember in 1999 in the kargil conflict, I was 8 at the time I lived in kerala. I always used to watch the kargil conflict on the news, and the media.

The thing is, for us keralites, that conflict seemed so far away. it didn't feel like a war was going on at all. That is true for all the other pakistan-India conflicts as well. They seemed distant, and for a lot of keralites they were left out because they saw it as a 'north Indian' affair.

but still, there have been lot of soldiers who have participated and died in that conflict, When kargil happened, there was an outpouring of patriotism, almost jingoistic in kerala as well.

despite vast cultural differences, when the chips are down, I have observed a lot of Indians support India. that's my take anyway.

I am sure in pakistan as well, despite ethnic flare-ups, when the chips are down there will be a massive outpouring of patriotism as well :)

Huh? Pakistan has many patriotic songs including our national anthem. Pakistanis consider Pakistan their homeland or motherland as well, & at this point the country remains united in spite of the various problems it faces. By the way, songs are useful for motivation, peace, & entertainment during war or peace times, but they alone can't do sh!t to unite any country.

forget about National Anthem. Every country has one national anthem. Give me link for some other Patriotic songs? I want to listen them.

You can sense the patriotism of a person by the sense of feelings and passion the national patriotic songs arouse in one person.

Well well well ....Indian and their obsession of Mahabaharat ...... if you have come back from your tour of past my dear @timetravel you have to accept the present as it is ..... my dear your attitude of calling name to muslim league leader of that time could only boost your ego ..... you say muslims are divided i think they have two Nation states and share the resources of the third nation.

I really don't know its a wishful think Indian secular circles or Hindu fundamentalist in South Asia to give the new definition to muslims and Islam like Secular Islam, Political Isalm, Fundemental Isalm this Islam or that Islam....dear how do you people gauge progressiveness, secularism or any other "ism" in any community ......???

I didn't classify Islam in my post. I just said that Indian Muslims are more liberal and progressive then the other two. It doesn't not classify Islam. Its just like saying you have liberal Hindus and Hardline Hindus.

I do not think that two Muslim states and sharing of resources of 3rd country is a very good outcome achieved by ML.

If that indeep is a good thing then we can extrapolate it,

and so how about having 10 Muslims states from Pak and Ban and sharing resources of the 11th country (Ind)?:angel:

Forcing muslims to sing in vande matram which is hindu ritual is indeed great sign of patriotism. :cheers: Its like Pakistan asking his minorty member of parliment to recide quran.

I didn't classify Islam in my post. I just said that Indian Muslims are more liberal and progressive then the other two. It doesn't not classify Islam. Its just like saying you have liberal Hindus and Hardline Hindus.

I do not think that two Muslim states and sharing of resources of 3rd country is a very good outcome achieved by ML.

If that indeep is a good thing then we can extrapolate it,

and so how about having 10 Muslims states from Pak and Ban and sharing resources of the 11th country (Ind)?:angel:

hahaha....y not 3 more in 3rd state .... just give it a thought .... :rofl:

BTW i asked how one can gauge this or that 'ism' in any community .....???

you want to play statistics wonderful idea ..... open another thread & mention me there ..... hope we would have some meaningful discussion there ..... :cheers:

forget about National Anthem. Every country has one national anthem. Give me link for some other Patriotic songs? I want to listen them.

I am busy with work, so I don't really have the time to provide you with a bunch of patriotic songs, but I have included one anyway.

Have you heard this remix of our national anthem? I found it a long time back, it's quite good. I know you didn't ask for the national anthem, but this remix only focuses on the music itself, not the lyrics.

You may search for other songs on Google or ask another Pakistani member.

You can sense the patriotism of a person by the sense of feelings and passion the national patriotic songs arouse in one person.

I disagree, a person's patriotism can't be determined by the way he or she reacts to patriotic songs.

Back
Top Bottom