What's new

Speech by Hezbollah's Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah commemorating the Day of Resistance

Hezbollah become popular not only in the Arab world but in the entire Muslim world and large parts of the non-Muslim world. Because they were in a conflict with Israel. One of the most despised countries. Even many Europeans supported Hezbollah due to the longstanding anti-Semitism.

That was my opinion. Hezbollah might have been popular on the street but I can have a different opinion without being contradictory. Hezbollah did achieve very little and the civilian casualties were high. Anyway it's always easier for organizations/militias/militaries that are engaged in guerrilla warfare to do damage on conventional armies. Anyway the question is what it really worth it when 1000 civilians died in Southern Lebanon and large parts of Lebanon were destroyed? That kind of thinking is the reason to why the ME, which historically has been the center of the world for millenniums, is now mostly a backwater.

But it doesnt make much sense. At one instance you say they were popular. Only to say that they started the conflict (which is not entirely accurate), responsible for 1000s of deaths and were morons for proclaiming victory.
How can it be popular in the way you are describing it?

Just seems to be a lot of discrepancy there.

But it doesnt make much sense. At one instance you say they were popular. Only to say that they started the conflict (which is not entirely accurate), responsible for 1000s of deaths and were morons for proclaiming victory.
How can it be popular in the way you are describing it?

Just seems to be a lot of discrepancy there.

Because there are a lot of retards in the ME. That is why. I can't see how stating a fact, namely that Hezbollah was at their height of their popularity in 2006 due to them engaging with Israel, not only in the Arab world but entire Muslim world and large parts of the non-Muslim world is contradictory to me then stating a personal opinion. Namely that their "mission" or whatever they were doing was largely a failure. Why? Because status quo was ensured just aside from 1000 civilian deaths and great infrastructural damage.

One thing is stating the reality and the other is my personal opinion. I don't see how they collide.

Let me give you a simple example. Most Iranians wanted the Officer-Son (Shah) gone back in 1978 or whenever that revolution occurred, but in hindsight persons who lived through that revolution can be of the opinion of it being a failure today. That's not contradictory.

Anyway I have to go. Pfuck PDF for being the addicted madhouse that it is.

How are the exams going?
I had psych exam two days ago. I have one exam left, for which I will start to prepare for tomorrow.
I have one week. lol

Well, it could be better but also worse. I have to do some serious studying in one particular subject that I have neglected too much. But the exam is 3 weeks away (precisely) so I got the time. Theoretically. The question is whether I will use the time to actually study or do everything else other than studying.

Also the World Cup is coming up, the NBA is at its final stage and a lot of gatherings are planned so it might become tight. I am also going to Paris to visit some family next week. So I am a bit nervous of not being fully prepared. Then you have PDF as well.:lol:

What's your stiuation? Everything moving forward as it should? And how about that summer job that you got?

@ResurgentIran

I hope that your exam went well! We might have some silly discussions once in a while and the occasional idiotic Arab vs Iran nonsense but I genuinely respect you as a user here and have come to like you as a user. Anyway that sounded gay.:lol:

Last edited:
Well, it could be better but also worse. I have to do some serious studying in one particular subject that I have neglected too much. But the exam is 3 weeks away (precisely) so I got the time. Theoretically. The question is whether I will use the time to actually study or do everything else other than studying.

Also the World Cup is coming up, the NBA is at its final stage and a lot of gatherings are planned so it might become tight. I am also going to Paris to visit some family next week. So I am a bit nervous of not being fully prepared. Then you have PDF as well.:lol:

What's your stiuation? Everything moving forward as it should? And how about that summer job that you got?

@ResurgentIran

I hope that your exam went well! We might have some silly discussions once in a while and the occasional idiotic Arab vs Iran nonsense but I genuinely respect you as a user here and have come to like you as a user. Anyway that sounded gay.:lol:

Thanks man, the exam went well. Or so I hope hehe.
Just one more left. I got to do those insane reading sessions, so you might not see a lot of me for the next week. :lol:
Summer job starts in 23 June. I got contract, signed it and everything. Its nice. THis is my first "real" job.
Obviously I have had jobs before, like sorting paper and work as orderly.
This is the first time I feel that what I do has purpose and is important. I get paid pretty well too.

Luckily I have two weeks vacation before that starts. So Im going back to Sweden to watch the World Cup games with my dad after exam. :)

you guys are not in it :D :D

god i love trolling u :D

what do u study mate ?

No, after 4 World Cup participations in a row (1994-2006) - in one of them even managing to advance from the group stages as the only ME country to date (in 1994) and big success in the AFC - also on club level, the current period has been very bad. But the new generation seems promising and KSA football clubs are still doing well in the AFC so not all hope is lost. For instance the U-21 team reached the AFC final this winter but lost by 1 goal in the final against Iraq which was personally the best opponent that KSA could have lost to. Qualification for the AFC Cup in 2015 is also archived.

I believe that qualification to the World Cup in 2018 will take place but the goal should be to not only participate in the World Cup as usual for ME teams but actually to try and qualify from the Group Stage which is easier said than done since ME teams suck compared to European and South American teams.
Anyway as partial European you can always support an European team - in my case France/Spain, LOL.

Honestly speaking I rarely ever watch ME football. It's just so bad when I am used to watching Spanish, English and Italian football on a weekly basis.

Someting as boring and dry as chemical engineering. Don't ask me what happened when I chose it….

No, after 4 World Cup participations in a row (1994-2006) - in one of them even managing to advance from the group stages as the only ME country to date (in 1994) and big success in the AFC - also on club level, the current period has been very bad. But the new generation seems promising and KSA football clubs are still doing well in the AFC so not all hope is lost. For instance the U-21 team reached the AFC final this winter but lost by 1 goal in the final against Iraq which was personally the best opponent that KSA could have lost to. Qualification for the AFC Cup in 2015 is also archived.

I believe that qualification to the World Cup in 2018 will take place but the goal should be to not only participate in the World Cup as usual for ME teams but actually to try and qualify from the Group Stage which is easier said than done since ME teams suck compared to European and South American teams.
Anyway as partial European you can always support an European team - in my case France/Spain, LOL.

Honestly speaking I rarely ever watch ME football. It's just so bad when I am used to watching Spanish, English and Italian football on a weekly basis.

Someting as boring and dry as chemical engineering. Don't ask me what happened when I chose it….

Are you gonna watch Iran's matches in Brazil? :)

Thanks man, the exam went well. Or so I hope hehe.
Just one more left. I got to do those insane reading sessions, so you might not see a lot of me for the next week. :lol:
Summer job starts in 23 June. I got contract, signed it and everything. Its nice. THis is my first "real" job.
Obviously I have had jobs before, like sorting paper and work as orderly.
This is the first time I feel that what I do has purpose and is important. I get paid pretty well too.

Luckily I have two weeks vacation before that starts. So Im going back to Sweden to watch the World Cup games with my dad after exam. :)

LOL, so it was not a an oral exam? That is good.

I should not even be on PDF at all but yet I am here as the clown I am.

That's great. Wait a second. We already discussed that so that is positive. As long as you are happy with what you are doing and have the motivation you can't complain. I guess that you will find out if you like the job or not. Well you can't underestimate money in year 2014. I doubt that you ever could.:lol:

Why Sweden and not DANMARK (LOL).

I will probably watch all 64 games. That how much of football fanatic I am.

Are you gonna watch Iran's matches in Brazil? :)

Yes, I usually try to watch most matches. At least I always plan to but I only end up watching half of them or so. Skipping most of the group stage games.

I think that Germany will win actually.

LOL, so it was not a an oral exam? That is good.

I should not even be on PDF at all but yet I am here as the clown I am.

That's great. Wait a second. We already discussed that so that is positive. As long as you are happy with what you are doing and have the motivation you can't complain. I guess that you will find out if you like the job or not. Well you can't underestimate money in year 2014. I doubt that you ever could.:lol:

Why Sweden and not DANMARK (LOL).

I will probably watch all 64 games. That how much of football fanatic I am.

The next exam will be oral. We will get our own patients. Gotta take their anamnesis, do a physical exam.
And then I have to think about differential diagnoses and course of treatment.

Im a little nervous for this exam. :(

i donno if its boring , what i know is that its popular here :)

good luck buddy .

Actually it's interesting but for most people it sounds very boring. It's a really stereotypical job in the science sector. A lot of laboratory work and theory.

Chemistry is not known as the "central science" by a mistake.

Well then it's quite hard. You have to study hard unless you are very talented. It's not a field that you can skip but neither is that of medicine obviously or most other fields for that matter.

Anyway I will see if it is something that I want to work within or pursue a longstanding career in. Life is full of surprises and thankfully our current job market is much more flexible than it once was.

Anyway I will see if it is something that I want to work within or pursue a longstanding career in. Life is full of surprises and thankfully our current job market is much more flexible than it once was.
may allah help u with that :) Go get 'em boy , wish u success .

The next exam will be oral. We will get our own patients. Gotta take their anamnesis, do a physical exam.
And then I have to think about differential diagnoses and course of treatment.

Im a little nervous for this exam. :(

My last exam is oral as well. I am a bit nervous as well since I have neglected that particular subject. Also it's an exam that I HAVE to pass next month. So I am more nervous than usual. Especially since I fear that 3 weeks will not be enough.

That actually sounds interesting for an outsider but in reality it is probably less funny than it sounds.:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom