What's new

Special Kangroo court rejects Musharraf's plea for going abroad

As I expected !! you know nothing my friend

He outsmarted Mirza. Mirza imposed Martial Law on Ayub's bidding this is well known and admitted by many of Ayub's colleagues. Lets not use the same old 'he was naive and accidentally found himself as a Martial law administrator' excuse please have some mercy on our intellect.

He outsmarted Mirza. Mirza imposed Martial Law on Ayub's bidding this is well known and admitted by many of Ayub's colleagues. Lets not use the same old 'he was naive and accidentally found himself as a Martial law administrator' excuse please have some mercy on our intellect.

No my friend , Martial Law was imposed by MUSLIM LEAGUE as they had no other option !!

The 1954 East Bengal legislative elections resulted in a landslide victory for the United Front which won 228 seats in a House of 309 (including nine reserved seats for women). On the other hand, the Muslim League, the party in power directly or indirectly ever since 1937, managed to get only 7 seats. Of the total of 228 elected Front members, 143 belonged to Awami Muslim League, 48 to Krishak Sramaik Party, 22 to Nezam-e-Islam, 13 to Ganatantri Dal and 2 to Khilafat-e-Rabbani Party. Of the non-Muslim seats, Congress got 25, Scheduled Caste Federation 27, and the United Front of the Minorities 13.

The Awami League began negotiating a power sharing programme with the Muslim League, reorganizing after the 1954 elections. This attempt of the Awami League threatened Iskander Mirza (The first President of Pakistan , unanimously elected by the Pakistan Parliament) and his political influence nearly bringing the Muslim League to come to its end. Therefore, on October 7, 1958, Mirza issued an executive decree and a state presidential proclamation abrogating the 1956 Constitution !!

Last edited:
No my friend , Martial Law was imposed by MUSLIM LEAGUE as they had no other option !!

The 1954 East Bengal legislative elections resulted in a landslide victory for the United Front which won 228 seats in a House of 309 (including nine reserved seats for women). On the other hand, the Muslim League, the party in power directly or indirectly ever since 1937, managed to get only 7 seats. Of the total of 228 elected Front members, 143 belonged to Awami Muslim League, 48 to Krishak Sramaik Party, 22 to Nezam-e-Islam, 13 to Ganatantri Dal and 2 to Khilafat-e-Rabbani Party. Of the non-Muslim seats, Congress got 25, Scheduled Caste Federation 27, and the United Front of the Minorities 13.

The Awami League began negotiating a power sharing programme with the Muslim League, reorganizing after the 1954 elections. This attempt of the Awami League threatened Mirza and his political influence nearly bringing the Muslim League to come to its end. Therefore, on October 7, 1958, Mirza issued an executive decree and a state presidential proclamation abrogating the 1956 Constitution !!

This is simply incorrect, Mirza was afraid that Noon will corner him and he took the decision with full backing of Ayub Khan (this is well known - an established fact). Ayub never intended to work under Mirza and sent him packing within weeks, afterwards Ayub had all the power to call for fresh elections but in his lust for power he went for a rigged referendum. His most notable deed in office was to screw Fatimah Ali Jinnah in a rigged election (highlight being that she made a speech on Radio Pakistan which was censored in its entirety, much fun was had at GHQ that day) second was to hand over his power (after REPEATED promises to the contrary) to a renowned drunk and womaniser Yahya. Not to forget that his tenure was the first time in history of Pakistan that air bases were leased to a foreign power (Peshawar Airbase to USA).

I care enough about Pakistan to become familiar with its history, thank you.

This is simply incorrect, Mirza was afraid that Noon will corner him and he took the decision with full backing of Ayub Khan (this is well known - an established fact)

Which part is incorrect my friend and what is your definition of a "well known established" fact ???

I care enough about Pakistan to become familiar with its history, thank you.

Good to know

You always say that Pakistan Army is "unprofessional" , I believe that Pakistan Army is the "only" professional institution in the country ... I would appreciate if you try to prove me wrong

You cannot cite anywhere I said that Pakistan army is unprofessional. However acts of sabotaging the democratic governments are certainly unprofessional. I truly hope that they have the capability to thwart any attack on our frontiers by some foreign army and this is where competence should really matter. Most of our soldiers are very very brave. In fact the level of bravery in medium and lower ranks of the army is extremely high. Alas they are not the ones who make most of the decisions.

Which part is incorrect my friend and what is your definition of a "well known established" fact ???

Good to know

- Read articles of that time (particularly before Ayub came up with PPO), all serious books (on politics) covering that part of history are clear that Martial Law was a joint effort in which Ayub was a willing participant. This is proven when ayub knocked out Mirza within 3 weeks and went for a referendum.

- I consider PA to be the primary force which destroyed Jinnah Pakistan (the model). A cursory look at Ayub's era is a great learning experience about how the mind of our strategists work. A gem from Ayub Khan

"These civilians cannot be trusted with such sensitive matters of national security"
-Commander in Chief Ayub Khans advice (1952) to Pakistani Military attache to the USA

Mind it Mirza himself was a retired Army officer and had the great distinction of being the great grandson of Mir Jaffer :lol: By the way the 'advice; was given in '52 when Ayub was not a Martial Law administrator - really shows who has been in power 1950 onwards.

- Read articles of that time (particularly before Ayub came up with PPO), all serious books (on politics) covering that part of history are clear that Martial Law was a joint effort in which Ayub was a willing participant. This is proven when ayub knocked out Mirza within 3 weeks and went for a referendum.

- I consider PA to be the primary force which destroyed Jinnah Pakistan (the model). A cursory look at Ayub's era is a great learning experience about how the mind of our strategists work. A gem from Ayub Khan

"These civilians cannot be trusted with such sensitive matters of national security"
-Commander in Chief Ayub Khans advice (1952) to Pakistani Military attache to the USA

Mind it Mirza himself was a retired Army officer and had the great distinction of being the great grandson of Mir Jaffer :lol: By the way the 'advice; was given in '52 when Ayub was not a Martial Law administrator - really shows who has been in power 1950 onwards.

My friend I know very well what I am talking about . You haven`t tried to disprove what I said in my previous posts regarding 1954 elections and position of Muslim League !!!

You cannot cite anywhere I said that Pakistan army is unprofessional. However acts of sabotaging the democratic governments are certainly unprofessional..

You are contradicting yourself here .....

You never said that Pakistan Army is not professional ?? Are you sure ? I have seen you repeatedly saying this and even in this thread ...

What exactly are you trying to imply here :

This is why Hindustan is in better shape than our country is. Their army is professional and never indulges in politics despite being so huge

Last edited:
the entire premise of the trial is to make an example out of Musharraf (not deliver justice) so that future generals will be scared to topple governments.

no one is above the law but it shouldnt mean that punishment should be entire purpose of the trial. things that are wrong about the trial

* Musharraf is being tried for 2007 emergency, not 1999 because it brings Ch Ifitikhar in the dock as well because he was party to it.
*the justice is being selective by singling Musharraf out which is clearly personal and vindictive.
*the judges are hand picked by Pakistan's most vindictive CJ with the sole purpose of punishing Musharraf.
*the judges in the special court have known history of hostility towards army and specially Musharraf.
*PM house and judges have been in contact before the trial and it was already preplanned with a preplanned verdict.
*its a political trial and reeks of revenge.

What exactly are you trying to imply here :

This is why Hindustan is in better shape than our country is. Their army is professional and never indulges in politics despite being so huge. Indians are more patriotic in the right sense of the word. I wish we could learn patriotism from our neighbors.

As regards the Indian Army, I do not know about their professionalism on the frontiers and how good they are in guarding them since I am not a military analyst. But within the category of "indulging in politics of the country" they are certainly more professional as compared to Pak Army. Our army might be more professional on the frontiers but it needs to learn to not intervene in politics. These are different categories and our army might be more professional in one category and less so in the other category.

the entire premise of the trial is to make an example out of Musharraf (not deliver justice) so that future generals will be scared to topple governments.

no one is above the law but it shouldnt mean that punishment should be entire purpose of the trial. things that are wrong about the trial

* Musharraf is being tried for 2007 emergency, not 1999 because it brings Ch Ifitikhar in the dock as well because he was party to it.
*the justice is being selective by singling Musharraf out which is clearly personal and vindictive.
*the judges are hand picked by Pakistan's most vindictive CJ with the sole purpose of punishing Musharraf.
*the judges in the special court have known history of hostility towards army and specially Musharraf.
*PM house and judges have been in contact before the trial and it was already preplanned with a preplanned verdict.
*its a political trial and reeks of revenge.

Musharraf committed a grave crime where he deserves to be made an example of.

> Musharraf cannot be tried for 1999 as he got indemnity from courts and from parliament. He can be tried for 2007 precisely because there is no indemnity.

> Justice is not selective as collaborators will be called to testify once the case is in motion. You dictator apologists fail to get that politicians have NOTHING to lose if collaborators are called its Army which will get in a fix since Mushy being Mushy has already testified that corps commanders were involved in the discussion leading to imposition of emergency.

> This point is a complete joke, Mushy threw out the whole panel of supreme court judges and now expects the govt to hire new judges for his case :lol:

> All rumors, anchors which presented this looney theory failed to come up with any evidence. One Jasmine Mansoor was the main culprit behind this conspiracy theory and had promised on air that she will tell the names in 48 hours (2 days) - that was months ago and not a peep out of her.

> Its constitutional not political - you lot can't treat us as shoodars in our own country.

As regards the Indian Army, I do not know about their professionalism on the frontiers and how good they are in guarding them since I am not a military analyst. But within the category of "indulging in politics of the country" they are certainly more professional as compared to Pak Army. Our army might be more professional on the frontiers but it needs to learn to not intervene in politics. These are different categories and our army might be more professional in one category and less so in the other category.

How innocent !!!! After challenging the professionalism and patriotism of Pakistan Army , you are trying to act like as you didn`t say anything and you don`t know much !!

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom