What's new

Special forces of Bangladesh

Dont cover your lack of knoweldge with this excuse. :tup:

You are among the few sane Bangladeshis here...much better was expected from you.

you admitted it so you should think why i said that. example: in national victory parade some common stuff are being shown over the years (only some new stuff are shown which are published in bangladeshi newspaper).

BD has Nora B-52, PLZ-45 etc which never been shown in parade or disclosed in bangladeshi media.

BD is not like India that every military news are published in newspaper or discussed by media.

Bangladesh Army
1.President Guard Regiment, presidential and VVIP security
2.Special Security Force (SSF), specops, VVIP security
3.Special Services Wing, details classified(1st time i have learned about it)
4. Para Commandos

SSF is not under Bangladesh Army. It's Governed by Prim Minister's Office.

vvip.jpg

Special Security and Protection Battalion Troops. Looks very cool:whistle:
SPBN formally started its operation on July 04, 2013.

uniform looks like clown dress. what are they going to, birthday party? :rolleyes:

Their police, not army. Just a new name for an existing unit. First ring of security for our dear PM, she needs it more each day. Main security provided by SSF and PR. For better uniforms and equipment see the DMP SWATs.

Military has SWADS for navy and commandos for army..the Air Force also needs a unit or two of SF, for base protection and taking out enemy aircraft before they can be deployed, or targeting the pilots during times of war. This would be more effective for us as we can't afford a huge advanced airforce.

Pilots take years to train an, they are high value targets like the air crafts, so if its possible to neutralise them on the ground then this would be the most effective tactic.

ODD 71, details classified (it is first time i have learned about it)
As far as i know,they are the direct successors of 71's naval commandos and specifically trained in covert naval strike diving and demolition(mining enemy ships and ports etc).First several batches were trained in Germany.

1000 Arjuns!
you kidding right!! :o: you can't even build enough for yourself !!!!aise bhugol bujhaite :disagree:

Jatiyo Rakkhi Bahini was formed to replace army
They also Tried to disband BDR(former EPR) shortly after independence by recruiting FF into the force and form a new para-militia Like JRB which lead to the very first mutiny in BDR; Somewhat between 1972 to early 1973.Mujib personally had to visit pilkhana and calm the situation.

2.SWADS Based in Chittagong.
3.Police's Special units gets trained in Army Schools.
4.There is ARTDOC to research and develop doctrine and tactics.
Out of those mentioned by BDforever;there are some other army special units raised under the infantry divisions.

Back
Top Bottom