What's new

soviet vs usa air force

You're talking about Turmenistan ?

Well,if you have Su-27,Mig 29,Mig 31,they're worth an upgrade.Anything else...scrap and buy new ones.:D

For developing countries like TM, it would be fiscally sound for them to make necessary upgrades. Scrapping and purchasing new equipment will be a fiscal concern. In addition, TM should be wary in upgrading to quickly lest it attracts the attention of neighbors. ehem. ehem.

For developing countries like TM, it would be fiscally sound for them to make necessary upgrades. Scrapping and purchasing new equipment will be a fiscal concern. In addition, TM should be wary in upgrading to quickly lest it attracts the attention of neighbors. ehem. ehem.

All i see worthy in that list is Mig 29's but for that you need to upgrade them in Russia,altough.......we did upgrade our Mig 21's with Israel in the 90's despite vehement russian protests..."license,license!"..."**** off !":lol:

All i see worthy in that list is Mig 29's but for that you need to upgrade them in Russia,altough.......we did upgrade our Mig 21's with Israel in the 90's despite vehement russian protests..."license,license!"..."**** off !":lol:

lol. well i'm glad you guys took care of business.

le chaim !

Yep....Mig 21's with western radars and weapons...Python missiles,etc.They're still outdated now...enter F16 :P

Even if they're outdated, they can still serve as an attack aircraft. Capable of taking out hostile tank columns. The F-16s should be used only for air superiority missions and to preserve your nation's air sovereignty. Plus, those babies cost pretty dime. :P

all of our neighbors have big air force just like us but kazakhistan have better updated air force and iran use western jets like f-5 f-4 f-14 with few russian like mig-29 su 25 i don't think it's possible to sell these jets so the only thing remains is to use them in air force so we should update them or some how you could find other use ? if we upgrade them another question will begin does it worth it ?

Even if they're outdated, they can still serve as an attack aircraft. Capable of taking out hostile tank columns. The F-16s should be used only for air superiority missions and to preserve your nation's air sovereignty. Plus, those babies cost pretty dime. :P

To old dude.Even upgraded,they're 35 or more years old.Well 12 F16 allready bought and paid for.We're in discussion for another 36 and with the Russian situation i think we'll speed things up this year.I think the US will give us free fighters from their stocks while we will pay for the Mid Life Upgrades,pilot training and weapons.Throw in a 5-10 years payment plan and we're good to go :enjoy:

all of our neighbors have big air force just like us but kazakhistan have better updated air force and iran use western jets like f-5 f-4 f-14 with few russian like mig-29 su 25 i don't think it's possible to sell these jets so the only thing remains is to use them in air force so we should update them or some how you could find other use ? if we upgrade them another question will begin does it worth it ?

Given your neighborhood i think you could rely on the current jets but in 10 years time i think that those to will be to old so upgrades or new purchases will be a must anyway.

USSR is gone. What is the point on discussing that?
Amusement?

Even former Soviet Republics that inherited large assets, for sure, could not keep them air worth. The only exception is Russia.
So, if you want a serious discussion, consider Voyenno-vozdushnye sily Rossii x United States Air Force.

@vostok dude i need you to tell me which of these soviets aircraft are matched with usa aircraft

Yak-28U
mig 21
mig 23
mig 25
mig 29
su 25

does mig 23 match with f-14 tomcat ??
Yak-28U (supersonic bomber) - F-105 Thunderchief
Mig-21(second gen fighter) - F-104 Starfighter
MiG-23 (third gen fighter) - F4 Phantom
MiG-25 (interceptor) - F-14 Tomcat
MiG-29 (4 gen fighter) - F-16 Falcon
Su-25 (CAS) - A-10 Thunderbolt

You can also check my thread:

Fighter generations

F-14s, F-15s and F-16s came into service in the 1970s while it took till the 1980s before the Mig-29 and SU-27 to be ready for service.

This meant that the US had massive advantage in air-warfare over the Soviets in the latter half of the 1970s and 1980s that they did not possess on land.

The probability of a BVR kill of an F-4 in the Vietnam war was believed to be around 7%, so the success was not at all high.

Remember a comment from a U.S. Pilot:

:usflag: "There is a reason why they are called MISSiles and not HITtiles" :china:

To old dude.Even upgraded,they're 35 or more years old.Well 12 F16 allready bought and paid for.We're in discussion for another 36 and with the Russian situation i think we'll speed things up this year.I think the US will give us free fighters from their stocks while we will pay for the Mid Life Upgrades,pilot training and weapons.Throw in a 5-10 years payment plan and we're good to go :enjoy:

Given your neighborhood i think you could rely on the current jets but in 10 years time i think that those to will be to old so upgrades or new purchases will be a must anyway.
kazakhistan uzbekistan afghanistan iran by land azerbijan russia by sea

USSR is gone. What is the point on discussing that?
Amusement?

Even former Soviet Republics that inherited large assets, for sure, could not keep them air worth. The only exception is Russia.
So, if you want a serious discussion, consider Voyenno-vozdushnye sily Rossii x United States Air Force.

Luftwaffe got a bunch of MiG-29s when East Germany was merged, and they found that maintenance cost was very high,
so they dropped them quickly.

Back
Top Bottom