What's new

south korean solid state s band aesa.............for KF-X project!!

he-man

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
looks like korea is gonna be formidable and give competition to others in radars atleast

samsung and thales have partnered to produce these products and this partnership has already made substantial progress.pls look at the pictures.

looks like there are 2 types of aesa they are developing

1)GaA aesa
2)GaN aesa

Now where is the drdo radar if i may ask??
samsungthalesfa50.jpg

20120103215228.jpg

aesa.jpg

img29571.jpg

img29581.jpg

844132serenedr.jpg

844123serenedr.jpg

844105serenedr.jpg

radarn.jpg

avionics2.jpg

continued.......
avionics3.jpg

63670516.jpg

looks like it will use EJ200 ENGINE
36242781.jpg

ARE U LOOKING DRDO................EVEN KOREANS GOT A FIGHTER PLANE AESA

A S-band ESA sensor is not ideal for fighter aircrafts (so either this report/your post is accurate or the Koreans seem to be shifting away from the norm), regardless we already have a S-band ESA radar in production and testing on the CABS AEW&C. The point is to evolve a X-band sensor in a similar manner with the associated cooling and environmental challenges being met. X-band TRMs too have already been fabricated and @S-DUCT can provide the pictures of the same.

The issue will remain with the engines though, We are at least 15 years behind the major aircraft engine producing nations- INCLUDING China atm.

Last edited by a moderator:
A S-band ESA sensor is not ideal for fighter aircrafts, regardless we already have a S-band ESA radar in production and testing on the CABS AEW&C. The point is to evolve a X-band sensor in a similar manner with the associated cooling and environmental challenges being met. X-band TRMs too have already been fabricated and @S-DUCT can provide the pictures of the same.

The issue will remain with the engines though, We are at least 15 years behind the major aircraft engine producing nations- INCLUDING China atm.

man look at the pictures...........they have both x band and s band

mmic are provided by samsung!!
who can compete with them?

They built all the chips etc indigenously........we can build an aesa but only with imported stuff,,,,,they have a workable aesa,see the pics bro and they started working on Kf-x only 5 years ago.

We have been working on tejas for god knows how much time...........we have no excuse

we are yet to make a pulse doppler slotted array radar!!

@he-man : Why did you post this in the Indian defence section? The article is about Korea, and belongs in the East Asian section.

@he-man : Why did you post this in the Indian defence section? The article is about Korea, and belongs in the East Asian section.

comeon man !!

who will go there,,,and we are talking about technology here....not any geopolitics and comparing ours with theirs!!

man look at the pictures...........they have both x band and s band

mmic are provided by samsung!!
who can compete with them?

They built all the chips etc indigenously........we can build an aesa but only with imported stuff,,,,,they have a workable aesa,see the pics bro and they started working on Kf-x only 5 years ago.

We have been working on tejas for god knows how much time...........we have no excuse

A "workable" AESA? First and foremost why is there the need to add "solid state" to the heading? A radar is defined as an ESA by the virtue of operating on solid state components.

Secondly, so do we- I already told you that a working ESA is already undergoing validation and integration. Validation does not precede the sensor being "workable".

Components which people are harping about will only be produced in an indigenous manner once fab units for the same are setup which will not happen anytime soon.

Would you be kind enough to point out which TRMs are X-band and which one's are S-band, and if so what's with the hilarious title?

It will take time, as all things do. Unless any further projects are allowed to be run with foreign components such as engines being selected from the outset- an option which has been vetoed by the IAF.

A "workable" AESA? First and foremost why is there the need to add "solid state" to the heading? A radar is defined as an ESA by the virtue of operating on solid state components.

Secondly, so do we- I already told you that a working ESA is already undergoing validation and integration. Validation does not precede the sensor being "workable".

Components which people are harping about will only be produced in an indigenous manner once fab units for the same are setup which will not happen anytime soon.

Would you be kind enough to point out which TRMs are X-band and which one's are S-band, and if so what's with the hilarious title?

It will take time, as all things do. Unless any further projects are allowed to be run with foreign components such as engines being selected from the outset- an option which has been vetoed by the IAF.

1)Ok the solid state means there is no liquid required for cooling...........so it does differ
In case of liquid cooled radars like fga-29 the modules switch off when they are too hot
this statement is wrong.............I GET IT

thats all i know,,,if wrong pls point out(not joking)

2)They have all the pictures and the radar atleast looks like undergoing tests,,,,,where is our prototype??
Does drdo website mentions its development??
if yes kindly provide details

3)See the picture...........its written s band there only,,,not my invention dude.......it says s-band ssar

4)I am merely pointing to the fact that all the nations are rising to the occasion but all we do is buy the israeli stuff and claim it as a JV

5)The level of detailed description of components in the slides at least tells that they are way ahead on the project

see s band

dsc03818f.jpg

and x band
dsc03819lp.jpg

1)Ok the solid state means there is no liquid required for cooling...........so it does differ
In case of liquid cooled radars like fga-29 the modules switch off when they are too hot

thats all i know,,,if wrong pls point out(not joking)

2)They have all the pictures and the radar atleast looks like undergoing tests,,,,,where is our prototype??
Does drdo website mentions its development??
if yes kindly provide details

3)See the picture...........its written s band there only,,,not my invention dude.......it says s-band ssar

4)I am merely pointing to the fact that all the nations are rising to the occasion but all we do is buy the israeli stuff and claim it as a JV

5)The level of detailed description of components in the slides at least tells that they are way ahead on the project

Is that so, solid state means there is no liquid required for cooling? You need to read up on what solid state electronics means in this case, replacing something like klystron tubes with solid state elements doesn't mean that cooling is not required. So you need to go back to the basics on that one. The American AESAs are also liquid cooled- they use poly-alpha-olefin, what other cooling solution did you have in mind?

If it says that its an S-band sensor then the Koreans need to go back to the drawing board. Fighter aricrafts do not use S-band sensors as their main FCR.

The S-band ESA has been shown various times, is not just under development but already being tested- have you seen the CABS AEW&C- the large protruding rectangular addition to the platform is the S-band ESA.

What Israeli stuff are we talking about, Green pine or the 2084s, no one's claimed that they are innovations of any sort.

Details do not equate to a working product integrated onto an operational platform undergoing tests currently- which is the case with our ESA.

Now onto MMIC fabrication- it should be self explanatory that when a TRM has been manufactured and its IP/IR established by CABS that MMIC fabrication is not only doable but done- now if you want to mass produce it on an industrial scale then you can either set up a defense specific eco-system for it (highly expensive and an option that even more prosperous nations have shunned) or wait for a domestic and civilian production base to arise.

It seems you are considerably confused wrt what an ESA entails, does and is much sought after for.

Edit:- its the X-band TRMs in the picture posted by you which will find their way on to the KF-X.

Is that so, solid state means there is no liquid required for cooling? You need to read up on what solid state electronics means in this case, replacing something like klystron tubes with solid state elements doesn't mean that cooling is not required. So you need to go back to the basics on that one. The American AESAs are also liquid cooled- they use poly-alpha-olefin, what other cooling solution did you have in mind?

If it says that its an S-band sensor then the Koreans need to go back to the drawing board. Fighter aricrafts do not use S-band sensors as their main FCR.

The S-band ESA has been shown various times, is not just under development but already being tested- have you seen the CABS AEW&C- the large protruding rectangular addition to the platform is the S-band ESA.

What Israeli stuff are we talking about, Green pine or the 2084s, no one's claimed that they are innovations of any sort.

Details do not equate to a working product integrated onto an operation platform undergoing tests currently- which is the case with our ESA.

Now onto MMIC fabrication- it should be self explanatory that when a TRM has been manufactured and its IP/IR established by CABS that MMIC fabrication is not doable but done- now if you want to mass produce it on an industrial scale then you can either set up a defense specific eco-system for it (highly expensive and an option that even more prosperous nations have shunned) or wait for a domestic and civilian production base to arise.

It seems you are considerably confused wrt what an ESA entails, does and is much sought after for.

Edit:- its the X-band TRMs in the picture posted by you which will find their way on to the KF-X.

pls don't divert the discussion.........we have no prototype,,,thats where we stand

and i am not using the word solid here

the way it stands they are going for a s-state radar,,,,,,thats what the picture clearly states
The OEM mentions it...........and yes i will read up the basics:devil:

I CORRECTED MY POST,,,,,LEARNT NEW THING TODAY:woot:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom