What's new

South Korea to Transfer UAV, Missile Technologies to UAE

What about the UNITED-40 block 5(UAE),they say it has 10 hardpoints to carry missiles?

I can design an aircraft that carries 100 missiles . the question you should ask is .

this is design viable ? will it survive in the asymmetrical nature of warfare ? what is the intended purpose of this design ? what is its survivability rate on the battle field ? etc etc

I can design an aircraft that carries 100 missiles . the question you should ask is .

this is design viable ? will it survive in the asymmetrical nature of warfare ? what is the intended purpose of this design ? what is its survivability rate on the battle field ? etc etc
Well im asking all of the above,i have no knowledge on the subject but im interested in gaining as much info as possible.
Ty in advance.

Well im asking all of the above,i have no knowledge on the subject but im interested in gaining as much info as possible.
Ty in advance.

im not part of the design team and do not represent the company itself but I can tell you this much .

the ANKA is the move realistic and viable UAV system both design and manufactured in the middle east by a middle eastern power . although the engine is not turkish it doesnt how ever make it less of a success

im not part of the design team and do not represent the company itself but I can tell you this much .

the ANKA is the move realistic and viable UAV system both design and manufactured in the middle east by a middle eastern power . although the engine is not turkish it doesnt how ever make it less of a success
Do you now anything about the UNITED-40 system?

Do you now anything about the UNITED-40 system?

i know it is poorly designed and configured to a point the had to replace the power plant and the C.G.

also that its mission spectrum is all over the place .

finally while it can do simple surveillance and recon it is a flying duck for even the simplest of AA and has an extremely low suvivability rate for its price .

Why would the Ruskies demonstrate interests in it in first place while they can get a better UAV or two from the Israelis, Turkey, or India? =|

Why would the Ruskies demonstrate interests in it in first place while they can get a better UAV or two from the Israelis, Turkey, or India? =|

ever heard of political acumen :) . the emirati's buy a ton of russian equipment so out of political courtesy they do the same. its like a marketing campaign of "see even russia is buying this from us" to create customer recognition to their product . nothing new here .

ever heard of political acumen :) . the emirati's buy a ton of russian equipment so out of political courtesy they do the same. its like a marketing campaign of "see even russia is buying this from us" to create customer recognition to their product . nothing new here .

Political acumen may fit in this context to small extents.

Not when it comes to purchases in multi million dollar deals .. But I take your word as it is.

Political acumen may fit in this context to small extents.

Not when it comes to purchases in multi million dollar deals .. But I take your word as it is.

emirates spends billions on their weapons and russian spends a few million on theirs on the other end. you connect the dots

emirates spends billions on their weapons and russian spends a few million on theirs on the other end. you connect the dots

It could be. Maybe the Russians want them to conduct some kind of research or projects to make ones of their own...

PYH2011031300230034100_P2.jpg

Korea promised to transfer technology for its unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), following its successful bid to build four nuclear reactors in the Middle East nation, a government source said Thursday. Defense Minister Kim Tae-young made the commitment during his visit to the UAE in November to discuss bilateral defense issues as well as to support the landmark $20 billion deal, the source told The Korea Times.

Kim also offered to provide key arms technologies related to the homegrown Hyunmoo ballistic and cruise missiles to the UAE as part of efforts to expand defense cooperation between the two countries, he said on condition of anonymity.Technology on an electromagnetic pulse bomb (EMP) is among the key items for cooperation promised by Korea, said the source.

The state-funded Agency for Defense Development (ADD) has been pushing to develop the bomb capable of neutralizing an enemy's command-and-control, communications and defense radar systems.EMPs can severely disrupt electronic equipment, which is susceptible to damage by transient power surges. An EMP attack is generated by a very short, intense energy pulse or high-altitude nuclear blast.

The agency plans to complete the development by 2014. "The UAE asked Korea to provide such key arms technologies as part of the package deal for the reactor contract," the source said. "Korea's positive response to the request played an important role in sealing the deal."

Speculation has been growing after the agreement that there could have been some behind-the-scene promises to satisfy the UAE needs. At that time, Seoul's defense ministry declined to elaborate, only saying the two sides exchanged views on ways to expand bilateral defense cooperation programs. As for the UAV, Korea will offer the technology on the Night Intruder-300, also known as RQ-101, built by Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI), according to the source.

KAI built the RQ-101 corps-level battlefield-reconnaissance UAV between 2001 and 2004. The Korean Army bought five sets of RQ-101s, with each set including six aircraft, a launcher and a ground-control station. KAI is also discussing the sale of the RQ-101 to Libya.The RQ-101 has a service ceiling of 4.5 kilometers and a cruise speed of 120 to 150 kilometers per hour. The 215-kilogram aircraft has a service radius of 200 kilometers and can operate for up to six hours in the air.

The UAV is capable of multipurpose operations to perform missions like wide area surveillance, reconnaissance, target acquisition, bombing guidance, battlefield supervision and checking target break-down. It is also possible to transfer real-time images, especially in unfavorable environments during day and night.

Some observers say, however, potential exports of the RQ-101 to either the UAE or Libya could cause a political or diplomatic row between South Korea and Israel given the ground-control station for the UAV was developed with technical assistance from Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI).

IAI offered the technology when it sold its Searcher II UAVs to South Korea.Referred missile technologies are related to those for the 300-kilometer-range Hyunmoo-II ballistic missile and the 1,000-kilometer-range Hyunmoo-III surface-to-surface cruise missile developed by the ADD and LIG Nex1.

The Hyunmoo-III missiles have been operational with the Army since last year. The Hyunmoo-III can hit targets with a margin of error of plus or minus five meters aided by a Terrain Contour Matching (TERCOM) system.

South Korea to Transfer UAV, Missile Technologies to UAE ~ ASIAN DEFENCE

The latest version of South Korean-made cruise missile Hyunmoo-IIIB is able to hit a target at a maximum range of 1,000 km with high accuracy.

Why not South Korea bring their electrical and electronics manufacturing companies to Pakistan Gwadar port Industrial zones. This will help them to cheaply export their products to Middle East as well as to EU.

Back
Top Bottom