What's new

South India’s mini rebellion over Modi’s new cattle law kindles an old secessionist spark

LOL at your attempt to paid gray over the statistics.

Those are PERCENTAGES, so the population should not matter.

The British were CHRISTIANS and Almost ALL Christians (except Syrian Christians) in kerala converted under the british rule to find favor with the British. :lol: LOL at you for attempting to white wash history.

In fact when Portuguese navigator Vasco da Gama made to Kerala, Syrian Christians presented Da Gama a ‘Rod of Justice and “swore allegiance to the Portuguese kings and implored Portuguese protection”. :lol:

More than this they suggested (to Da Gama) that with their help he should conquer the Hindu kingdoms and invited him to build a fortress for this purpose in Cranganore (Kodungallur). This was the recompense which the Hindu rajas received for treating with liberality and kindness the Christians in their midst. Especially after the syrian chritians found refuge in kerala after they were kicked out of the Middle east. THAT is the true lessons of history.

In a letter of late 1524, the Syrian Christian bishop Mar Jacob writes after recounting all his actions in favour of the Portuguese Crown: “This, Sire, is the service that I have done in these parts, with the intention of moving you to the help me in the expansion of these people (Syrian Christians) through this India in the faith of Jesus Christ, our Redeemer.”

In the same context, he hence offered the aid of the Syrian Christians as an auxiliary military force, to aid the Portuguese, claiming that they represent ‘over 25,0000 warriors’.

How many of you studied this "secular" history in school ? :lol:

How many of you studied that the muslim king of Kerala, Ali Raja actually invited Hyder Ali to invade Kerala and convert everybody to Islam ? :lol:

The very fact that you accuse me of "hate" shows your intolerance for the Truth. The reality is that you just cannot handle the truth, you would rather seek solace in kerala "secularism" that seeks to destroy hinduism, hindu values and civilization because that is what makes you feel "safe". Its just history repeating itself.

I am not surprised, and if you had read your own history, you would be forced to face reality too. But I do not have such high hopes for you yet.

LOL..... its only the poor and the desperate who opt for a job in the Indian Army. That is why 11% of the army is represented by Bihar. :lol:

If you had known your history you would have known that the pre 1857 the British Indian army consisted MAJORITY of BRAHMINS from Bengal. Why did you think that was ? because the Hindus of bengal was GRATEFUL to the British for liberating them from the islamic tyranny that made them slaves in their own land.

But post 1857 when the SAME Brahmin bengali's revolted against the british army because of the use of cow fat, the british had to use the punjabi's and the gorkhas to defeat the rebels. THAT is when they decided to invent the "martial race" theory.

As a matter of fact the Nair Brigade of kerala was merged with the british army from Madras and is now known as the Madras regiment. In fact the Nair Brigade is the OLDEST battalion of the Madras regiment and was raised in 1704.

So there goes your theory of Bongs and Mallus being cowards.

The british were no fools, they choose communities who would be loyal to THEM, not to fellow Indians. And when that changed post 1947, the british left India in a big hurry.

It gets better!

So now the bongs are fighters as well.

Lol man. Please. Screw history. Think back to school.

It gets better!

So now the bongs are fighters as well.

Lol man. Please. Screw history. Think back to school.

It just got better for you because you just got schooled.

I am well aware of history and hence these facts mean nothing to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal_Native_Infantry

I hope you are aware that Mangal Pandey was a BRAHMIN. Now are you going to claim Brahmins make excellent fighters ? :cheesy:

@padamchen for you education,

Pre-1857 list of Bengal Native Infantry Regiments
Pre-1857 full regiment title.[2]
Status after the Mutiny.[2][3]
1st Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Cawnpore
2nd (Grenadiers) Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Barrackpore
3rd Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Phillour – loyal portion joined The Loyal Purbiah Regiment
4th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Kangra and Noorpore
5th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Umballah
6th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Allahabad and Futtehpore
7th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Dinapore
8th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Dinapore
9th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Allygurh, Boolunshuhur, Etawah and Mynpoorie
10th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Futtehgurh
11th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Meerut
12th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Jhansi and Nowgong
13th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Lucknow
14th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Jhelum
15th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Nusseerabad
16th (Grenadiers) Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Goojerat and Lahore
17th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Azimghur
18th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Bareilly
19th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disbanded at Barrackpore
20th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Meerut
21st Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Did not mutiny – became 1st Bengal Native Infantry
22nd Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Fyzabad and Oude
23rd Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Mhow
24th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Peshawur
25th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry (Volunteers) Disarmed at Benares
26th Regiment of Bengal Native (Light) Infantry Mutinied at Lahore
27th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Peshawur
28th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Shahjehanpore
29th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Moradabad
30th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Ajmer, Jeypore and Nusseerabad
31st Regiment of Bengal Native (Light) Infantry Did not mutiny – became 2nd Bengal Native Light Infantry
32nd Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Deogurh – loyal portion became 3rd Bengal Native Infantry
33rd Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Phillour[10] – loyal portion became 4th Bengal Native Infantry
34th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disbanded at Barrackpore
35th Regiment of Bengal Native (Light) Infantry Disarmed at Phillour[10]
36th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry (Bengal Volunteers) Mutinied at Jullundur – loyal portion joined The Loyal Purbiah Regiment
37th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry (Bengal Volunteers) Mutinied at Benares
38th Regiment of Bengal Native Light Infantry (Bengal Volunteers) Mutinied at Delhi
39th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry (Bengal Volunteers) Disarmed at Dera Ishmael Khan
40th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry (Volunteers) Mutinied at Dinapore
41st Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Seetapore
42nd Regiment of Bengal Native (Light) Infantry Mutinied at Saugor – loyal portion formed 5th Bengal Native (Light) Infantry
43rd Regiment of Bengal Native (Light) Infantry Disarmed at Barrackpore – loyal portion formed 6th Bengal Native (Light) Infantry
44th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed and dispersed at Agra and Muttra
45th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Ferozepore
46th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Sealkote
47th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry (Volunteers) Disarmed at Mirzapore – loyal portion formed the 7th Bengal Native Infantry
48th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Lucknow
49th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Lahore
50th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Nagode
51st Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Peshawur
52nd Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Jubbulpore
53rd Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Cawnpore and Oorie
54th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Delhi
55th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Nowshera
56th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Banda and Cawnpore
57th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Ferozepore
58th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Rawul Pindee
59th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Umritsur – loyal portion formed 8th Bengal Native Infantry
60th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Rohtuck
61st Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Jullundur – loyal portion joined The Loyal Purbiah Regiment
62nd Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Mooltan
63rd Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Berhampore – loyal portion formed 9th Bengal Native Infantry
64th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Barrah, Fort Mackeson and Peshawur
65th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry (Volunteers) Disarmed at Ghazeepore – loyal portion formed 10th Bengal Native Infantry
66th (Goorkha) Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Did not mutiny – became 1st Goorkha Regiment
67th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry (Volunteers) Disarmed and dispersed at Agra and Muttra
68th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry (Volunteers) Mutinied at Bareilly
69th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Mooltan
70th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Disarmed at Barrackpore – loyal portion formed 11th Bengal Native Infantry
71st Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Lucknow
72nd Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Neemuch
73rd Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Dacca
74th Regiment of Bengal Native Infantry Mutinied at Delhi

It just got better for you because you just got schooled.

I am well aware of history and hence these facts mean nothing to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal_Native_Infantry

I hope you are aware that Mangal Pandey was a BRAHMIN. Now are you going to claim Brahmins make excellent fighters ? :cheesy:

We are not talking about individual outliers here man.

Mallus, bongs, gujjus are in general meek folk. I'd take a tamil over a mallu any day, and twice on Sunday.

Similarly an Assamese over a Bong. Odiyas ... not really.

Armies are made up of bulk recruits and training. No time to hand pick and weed.

So you go for the groups you have lowest chances of getting too many pansoids in.

P.S. Your Bengal cry in the dark. There is a difference between the East India Company and the Crown.

The East India Company used the bongs as cannon fodder. When they controlled little else.

The did not have a CHOICE.

We are not talking about individual outliers here man.

Mallus, bongs, gujjus are in general meek folk. I'd take a tamil over a mallu any day, and twice on Sunday.

Similarly an Assamese over a Bong. Odiyas ... not really.

Armies are made up of bulk recruits and training. No time to hand pick and weed.

So you go for the groups you have lowest chances of getting too many pansoids in.

The current day mallus and bongs are meek folks. They lack the spine to stand up for themselves.

The Guju's OTOH don't lack that spine. Which is why the voted for Modi unambiguously.

I too would take a Tamil over a mallu if I need to get into a fight or for physical labour. That is because of their loyalty, not strength. But a Tamil will only stand up for another Tamil, he will not fight for you. That is what you fail to understand. A Mallu would fight for you too.

You are taking about human fodder, so its better to choose the dumbest community for such activity. The poorest as well. It has nothing to do with courage.

P.S. Your Bengal cry in the dark. There is a difference between the East India Company and the Crown.

The East India Company used the bongs as cannon fodder. When they controlled little else.

The did not have a CHOICE.

There is no difference, In fact the East Indian company had Fare more success against steeper odds than the british crown ever did. The East India company army was MUCH better by any standard.

All soldiers are cannon fodder. What matters is that these cannon fodders do not run away when facing the cannon. The british had earned the loyalty of the bongs by freeing them from islamic rule. Only they betrayed that trust by making them chew on cow fat.

A mistake congress and "secular" forces is keen on repeating ignoring the lessons of history.

The current day mallus and bongs are meek folks. They lack the spine to stand up for themselves.

The Guju's OTOH don't lack that spine. Which is why the voted for Modi unambiguously.

I too would take a Tamil over a mallu if I need to get into a fight or for physical labour. That is because of their loyalty, not strength. But a Tamil will only stand up for another Tamil, he will not fight for you. That is what you fail to understand. A Mallu would fight for you too.

You are taking about human fodder, so its better to choose the dumbest community for such activity. The poorest as well. It has nothing to do with courage.

There is no difference, In fact the East Indian company had Fare more success against steeper odds than the british crown ever did. The East India company army was MUCH better by any standard.

All soldiers are cannon fodder. What matters is that these cannon fodders do not run away when facing the cannon. The british had earned the loyalty of the bongs by freeing them from islamic rule. Only they betrayed that trust by making them chew on cow fat.

A mistake congress and "secular" forces is keen on repeating ignoring the lessons of history.

You ask any soldier who he fights for.

Tell me how often he says he fights for you.

P.S. Not in a Google mood, but did the British not "liberate" Bengal from the Maratha?

I ask because you keep saying the Muslims.

You ask any soldier who he fights for.

Tell me how often he says he fights for you.

For now, he fights for his regiment. Not even for his country.

Why do you think that is ? Three words, "East Indian Company".

For now, he fights for his regiment. Not even for his country.

Why do you think that is ? Three words, "East Indian Company".

EVERY soldier fights for the man to the right and left of him.

P.S. Not in a Google mood, but did the British not "liberate" Bengal from the Maratha?

I ask because you keep saying the Muslims.

Robert Clive "liberate" bengal and bengalis from the rule of Nawab Sirajuddaulah at the Battle of Palassey in 1772.

Slavery was big business under the Nawab and bengali slaves were sold to all around the world including Africa by the Nawab.

As a matter of fact, Modern day "durga pooja" can be traced back to the liberation of Bengal by Robert Clive.

EVERY soldier fights for the man to the right and left of him.

I am talking about the army practice of installing loyalty. The loyalty of the soldier is always to his regiment.

LOL at your attempt to paid gray over the statistics.

Those are PERCENTAGES, so the population should not matter.

The British were CHRISTIANS and Almost ALL Christians (except Syrian Christians) in kerala converted under the british rule to find favor with the British. :lol: LOL at you for attempting to white wash history.

In fact when Portuguese navigator Vasco da Gama made to Kerala, Syrian Christians presented Da Gama a ‘Rod of Justice and “swore allegiance to the Portuguese kings and implored Portuguese protection”. :lol:

More than this they suggested (to Da Gama) that with their help he should conquer the Hindu kingdoms and invited him to build a fortress for this purpose in Cranganore (Kodungallur). This was the recompense which the Hindu rajas received for treating with liberality and kindness the Christians in their midst. Especially after the syrian chritians found refuge in kerala after they were kicked out of the Middle east. THAT is the true lessons of history.

In a letter of late 1524, the Syrian Christian bishop Mar Jacob writes after recounting all his actions in favour of the Portuguese Crown: “This, Sire, is the service that I have done in these parts, with the intention of moving you to the help me in the expansion of these people (Syrian Christians) through this India in the faith of Jesus Christ, our Redeemer.”

In the same context, he hence offered the aid of the Syrian Christians as an auxiliary military force, to aid the Portuguese, claiming that they represent ‘over 25,0000 warriors’.

How many of you studied this "secular" history in school ? :lol:

How many of you studied that the muslim king of Kerala, Ali Raja actually invited Hyder Ali to invade Kerala and convert everybody to Islam ? :lol:

The very fact that you accuse me of "hate" shows your intolerance for the Truth. The reality is that you just cannot handle the truth, you would rather seek solace in kerala "secularism" that seeks to destroy hinduism, hindu values and civilization because that is what makes you feel "safe". Its just history repeating itself.

I am not surprised, and if you had read your own history, you would be forced to face reality too. But I do not have such high hopes for you yet.

LOL..... its only the poor and the desperate who opt for a job in the Indian Army. That is why 11% of the army is represented by Bihar. :lol:

If you had known your history you would have known that the pre 1857 the British Indian army consisted MAJORITY of BRAHMINS from Bengal. Why did you think that was ? because the Hindus of bengal was GRATEFUL to the British for liberating them from the islamic tyranny that made them slaves in their own land.

But post 1857 when the SAME Brahmin bengali's revolted against the british army because of the use of cow fat, the british had to use the punjabi's and the gorkhas to defeat the rebels. THAT is when they decided to invent the "martial race" theory.

As a matter of fact the Nair Brigade of kerala was merged with the british army from Madras and is now known as the Madras regiment. In fact the Nair Brigade is the OLDEST battalion of the Madras regiment and was raised in 1704.

So there goes your theory of Bongs and Mallus being cowards.

The british were no fools, they choose communities who would be loyal to THEM, not to fellow Indians. And when that changed post 1947, the british left India in a big hurry.
You forget that the Portuguese were also colonialists who came here take our land and they used religion to achieve it. Just like the Muslim invaders did. Or are you telling me that Hindus never tried to convert anybody or use religion as an excuse to incite violence?And why are we talking about history any way? The topic is on the current situation. Would you rather concentrate on the mistakes of our ancestors or make better decisions than them. Blaming people who have been dead for more than half a millennia for what they did half a millennia ago?
What is your endgame here? What do you suggest we do? I have been constantly asserting that I have no animosity towards any religion and you have been constantly openly declaring your animosity towards my religion. No matter what you do, you wont be the better man. You're the bigot here. You're the fascist here. You're the one who wants to oppress people. You're the one who wont see all religions as equal. You're the loser here mate.

You forget that the Portuguese were also colonialists who came here take our land and they used religion to achieve it. Just like the Muslim invaders did. Or are you telling me that Hindus never tried to convert anybody or use religion as an excuse to incite violence?And why are we talking about history any way? The topic is on the current situation. Would you rather concentrate on the mistakes of our ancestors or make better decisions than them. Blaming people who have been dead for more than half a millennia for what they did half a millennia ago?
What is your endgame here? What do you suggest we do? I have been constantly asserting that I have no animosity towards any religion and you have been constantly openly declaring your animosity towards my religion. No matter what you do, you wont be the better man. You're the bigot here. You're the fascist here. You're the one who wants to oppress people. You're the one who wont see all religions as equal. You're the loser here mate.

Those who ignore the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

And I for one, have no intentions of ignoring the lessons of history.

Let me give you a slice of a more recent history,

1. In the early 1970s when Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was publicly denouncing the threat of CIA subversion of India, the US ambassador in New Delhi, Daniel Patrick Moynihan, ordered an investigation into the matter.

The US embassy uncovered two occasions during Indira’s father Jawaharlal Nehru’s premiership when the CIA had secretly provided funds to help the communists’ opponents in state elections. The first occasion was in the 1950s, in Kerala, where cash was supplied to the Syrian Christian church to destabilise the democratically elected Communist Party of India. According to Moynihan, “Both times the money was given to the Congress Party which had asked for it. Once it was given to Mrs Gandhi herself, who was then a party official.”

Do you see how history has repeted itself ? From Vaso da gama to CIA.

Just like the Syrian Christians backed their western co-religionists over the local Hindu and Muslim communities, with whom they had co-existed – and from whose help they had thrived, prospered, and gentrified – modern Indian Christians look up to the West, especially the United States. In their view, America, being the most Christian nation, should help them in keeping India – and thereby Hindus – in line.

Here is another slice of "HISTORY" for you.

Do you know who the Christian supported when there was a demand for Pakistan ? :azn:

2. The All India Christian Association assured unconditional full cooperation to the founder of Pakistan. This crucial role of Christian population of the region was recognized by the founder of Pakistan and the All India Muslim League at all levels. These Christians played a very strong role in the creation of Pakistan….The Christian vote before the Boundary Commission was the only decisive vote for the true foundation of Pakistan. Christian leaders voted for Pakistan because they believed that Quaid-e-Azam would be the real protector of their rights and interests. :lol:

When the proceedings of the Boundary Commission took place, Christian leaders Dewan Bahadur S.P. Singha, C.E. Gibbon and Fazal Elahi, in their recorded statement, demanded that for the demarcation of the boundaries, the Christian population be included and termed as Muslim population.

MY end game is to expose you and your kind. To wake up the slumbering hindus of kerala and give them a doze of reality. If you haven nothing to hide, you haven nothing to fear. So how about joining me on my mission ? :angel:

Those who ignore the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

And I for one, have no intentions of ignoring the lessons of history.

Let me give you a slice of a more recent history,

1. In the early 1970s when Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was publicly denouncing the threat of CIA subversion of India, the US ambassador in New Delhi, Daniel Patrick Moynihan, ordered an investigation into the matter.

The US embassy uncovered two occasions during Indira’s father Jawaharlal Nehru’s premiership when the CIA had secretly provided funds to help the communists’ opponents in state elections. The first occasion was in the 1950s, in Kerala, where cash was supplied to the Syrian Christian church to destabilise the democratically elected Communist Party of India. According to Moynihan, “Both times the money was given to the Congress Party which had asked for it. Once it was given to Mrs Gandhi herself, who was then a party official.”

Do you see how history has repeted itself ? From Vaso da gama to CIA.

Just like the Syrian Christians backed their western co-religionists over the local Hindu and Muslim communities, with whom they had co-existed – and from whose help they had thrived, prospered, and gentrified – modern Indian Christians look up to the West, especially the United States. In their view, America, being the most Christian nation, should help them in keeping India – and thereby Hindus – in line.

Here is another slice of "HISTORY" for you.

Do you know who the Christian supported when there was a demand for Pakistan ? :azn:

2. The All India Christian Association assured unconditional full cooperation to the founder of Pakistan. This crucial role of Christian population of the region was recognized by the founder of Pakistan and the All India Muslim League at all levels. These Christians played a very strong role in the creation of Pakistan….The Christian vote before the Boundary Commission was the only decisive vote for the true foundation of Pakistan. Christian leaders voted for Pakistan because they believed that Quaid-e-Azam would be the real protector of their rights and interests. :lol:

When the proceedings of the Boundary Commission took place, Christian leaders Dewan Bahadur S.P. Singha, C.E. Gibbon and Fazal Elahi, in their recorded statement, demanded that for the demarcation of the boundaries, the Christian population be included and termed as Muslim population.

MY end game is to expose you and your kind. To wake up the slumbering hindus of kerala and give them a doze of reality. If you haven nothing to hide, you haven nothing to fear. So how about joining me on my mission ? :angel:
Your mission.
The mission where you claim to be the guiding light of Hindus against other religions, but at the same time, you are fighting with another poster on eugenics and ethnic concepts of the very people you claim to protect.
You pretend to be a unifying force of a religion yet you are nitpicking with another idiot on who, by virtue of being born at a particular place or into a particular sect, makes a good soldier.
Bring on your revolution mate. It's gonna crumple. The Hindus of Kerala have better stuff to do. They are making lives better. Maybe you could learn something from these progressive Hindus from Kerala

Your mission.
The mission where you claim to be the guiding light of Hindus against other religions, but at the same time, you are fighting with another poster on eugenics and ethnic concepts of the very people you claim to protect.
You pretend to be a unifying force of a religion yet you are nitpicking with another idiot on who, by virtue of being born at a particular place or into a particular sect, makes a good soldier.
Bring on your revolution mate. It's gonna crumple. The Hindus of Kerala have better stuff to do. They are making lives better. Maybe you could learn something from these progressive Hindus from Kerala

I am one of those progressive Hindus from Kerala :lol: ....... only I am smarter, better educated and a lot more successful than most of them.

So far my revolution is going far better than your house of cards and your fear and name calling is a reflection of the shaky nature of your lies.

For the record, I have only claimed to speak for the truth. Too bad you cannot handle the truth. Not my problem.

BTW did you know WHY Syrian christian were thrown out of their Land ?

In 359 when the Pesian empire was attacked by Rome, the Zoroastrian king Shapur II found that his christian subjects were collaborating with Christianised Rome. :P ........ see a pattern ?

Aghast at the betrayal by his Christian subjects – in the midst of Persia’s war with the Romans – the Zoroastrian king Shapur II lamented: “We are in a state of war; they are in a state of joy and pleasure. They live in our land but are of like mind with the emperor, our enemy.

Shahpur II deported some Christians from his Eastern Syrian province and imposed a double tax on those that remained. The Christian subjects were then ordered to revert to their native Zoroastrian religion.

It was then that the Syrian Christians sought refuge in India. Kerala’s Malabar coast attracted them because they had heard of an ancient community of Jews who had been living there since the first century CE, having also fled the turmoil of the Middle East.

Funny how History always repeats itself.

beef.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom