What's new

South China Sea Forum

And China is none of your business as well, greedy Russian bear.
No, he can actually be recognized as a close friend of Chinese. As for you, son of Uncle Sam, is an enemy to Chinese.

LOL! I prefer seeing this myself.

1420646195907.jpg
Master Sam and his little puppy. LOL...

I try to understand Chinese 9 dash line but I can not. Maybe only Chinese are smart enough to understand
China claims that they own the sea inside 9 dash line from Han dynasty but just 200 years ago, when we are at the sea, we can not know exactly where we are. So even we are right above the 9 dash line, we also don't know. In the ground, people can use some marks to specify the borderline but in the sea, we cannot without modern technology. However China claimed based on Historic evidences from two thousands years ago.
China also don't explain why inside the 9 dash line, there were Chinese Historic activities but outside the 9 dash line there were not. Coordinates of each dot was also not clear.
And importantly just 200 years ago, Even If Chinese Emperor went to the sea, He also didn't know where are the positions of that imagined borderline. Even Zheng Hua crossed over that imagined borderline, he also can not recognize.
Remember that we only know where we are in the sea to respect the EEZ with the help of modern GPS. That's why there was no concept of sea borderline in the past.
Only Chinese think they can specify a borderline in the sea from hundreds years ago.

China is building two lighthouses on Huayang (Cuateron) Island and Chigua (Johnson South) Island, to improve the navigation safety in the South China Sea.

These lighthouses will help in marine navigation, warn of danger in unseen low lying submerged reefs and complement the GPS/Beidou systems.

I have lifted the pics from the CCTV news bulletin.

~SCS.Lighthouse.Huayang.Chigua.1.jpg

~SCS.Lighthouse.Huayang.Chigua.2.jpg

More pictures. They were taken around 28-May-2015. Enjoy!

Meiji (Mischief) Island. Reclamation has started on the eastern fringe. Cloud covering the southern fringe.
Meiji.美济礁.Mischief.2015-05-28_ahojunk_progress - Copy.jpg

Huayang (Cuateron) Island. The harbor is being developed. Lots of construction on the island.
Huayang.华阳礁.Cuarteron.2015-05-28_ahojunk_island - Copy.jpg

Yongshu (Fiery Cross) Island. The airstrip is complete!
YongShu.永暑岛.2015-05-28_ahojunk_finished.runway - Copy.jpg

Subi Island. The western fringe is long enough to host another airstrip.
Zhubi.渚碧礁.Subi.2015-05-28_ahojunk_island - Copy.jpg

CCG 46016(left)launched :coffee:

CCG46016.jpg

A new force in the SCS。:D

I stumbled on some pictures of Taiping Island, but they were taken in 6-Aug-2014.

This pic shows the on-going harbour construction.
Taiping.太平島.2014-08-06_ahojunk_Progress.a - Copy.jpg

Close up view of the harbour.
Taiping.太平島.2014-08-06_ahojunk_Progress.b - Copy.jpg

Progress between 18 April and 6 August 2014.
Taiping.太平島.2014-08-06_ahojunk_Progress.c - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, the Chinese is coming :sarcastic:;
Nothing much we can do; you see me i see u:dance3: :bounce::china:

China has been detected encroaching on Malaysian waters at the Luconia Shoals, which are known as Gugusan Beting Patinggi Ali, located just 84 nautical miles from the coast here.
It is understood that a Chinese Coast Guard vessel has been anchored in the area for about two years.

China Coast Guard vessel found at Luconia Shoals – BorneoPost Online | Borneo , Malaysia, Sarawak Daily News | Largest English Daily In Borneo

OK, back to trolling, not me but is Aquino... :whistle:
I believe he made the same comment some time ago, and still repeat the same thing because nothing much he can do.:chilli:

The Philippine president has likened present-day China to Nazi Germany, hinting that the world cannot continue to appease Beijing as it claims ever more territory in the South China Sea.

Benigno Aquino’s comments – made during a speech in Japan – came as disquiet grows over the quickening pace of China’s land reclamation programme in international waters, including its construction of a runway long enough for large military planes.

“If there was a vacuum, if the United States, which is the superpower, says ‘we are not interested’, perhaps there is no brake to ambitions of other countries,” he told an audience of business leaders in Tokyo.

“I’m an amateur student of history and I’m reminded of ... how Germany was testing the waters and what the response was by various other European powers,” he said, referring to the Nazis’ territorial conquests in the months before the outbreak of the second world war.

China behaving like Nazi Germany in South China Sea, says Benigno Aquino | World news | The Guardian

Luconia Shoals
448px-North_and_South_Luconia_Shoals.jpg

Luconia Shoals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To stop others trolling:
Fact 1: China Coast Guards are there for the last two years.
Fact 2: Miri (A coastal city in Sarawak, Malaysia) has been organised fishing contest in that shoal for the last 9 years.
:cheers:... No Issue between Malaysia and China.:coffee:

A total of 142 anglers from 12 countries took part in the 9th Miri City Internation Deep Sea Fish Tournament held at the Luconia Shoal, in the South China Sea.
The event which started from 23 to 26 April saw anglers from Malaysia, Brunei, Norway, Singapore, People's Republic of China, the United Kingdon, Australia, Italy, India, Germany, Hong Kong, and the Netherlands competing against one another to win their fair share of the RM42,000 worth of prizes in the form of cash and finish equipment.

142 take part in 9th Miri City International Deep Sea Fishing Tournament | New Sarawak Tribune

Staying on the topic of Malaysia in the SCS, this is a pic of Swallow Reef controlled by Malaysia.

It has a 1.4km airstrip, jetty and a diving resort. Occupied by Malaysia since 1983.

Swallow.Reef.Malaysia.2015-05-30_ahojunk - Copy.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom