What's new

Soon China might launch its next generation SSBN

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Recently there was talk amongst BBS and Western articles that the PLAN had launched its Type 096 SSBN, able to carry 24 SLBMS with a 10000 km range each. It would be reasonable if the PLAN officially disclosed photographs years after the submarine first hit the water.

Then, a photo appeared in a Chinese military magazine that depicts the Type 094. This is significant. Because whenever China officially discloses a secretive weapon like SSBNs, it means that they have completed the next-generation iteration, which is the Type 096 in this case. This pattern has been constant for every single nuclear submarine launched by China.

The report:

Assessing China's naval buildup

"China has disclosed the successful tests of new weaponry, including the launch of its most advanced Type-096 Tang class nuclear submarine which can fire 24 JL-3 ballistic missiles, each with a range of more than 10,000 km."

Go to China-defense.blogspot.com and go in the Type 091 submarine section for the mag.

I always wondered why is China hiding it's military equipments, the US, Russia publishes them. Who does the military think will steal Chinese technology?

I always wondered why is China hiding it's military equipments, the US, Russia publishes them. Who does the military think will steal Chinese technology?

Because China has the worst water domains to sail the nuclear subs, only the semi-closed South China Sea has the depth to hide our nuclear subs, but other waters such as Bohai/Yellow Sea/East China Sea are all littoral zones.

So it is better not to reveal too many details, otherwise it would be easier for our opponent to find out the weakness of our nuclear subs.

Because China has the worst water domain to sail the nuclear subs, only the semi-closed South China Sea has the depth to hide our nuclear subs, but other waters such as Bohai/Yellow Sea/East China Sea are all littoral zones.

So it is better not to reveal too many détails of the specification, otherwise it would be easier for our opponent to find the weakness of our nuclear subs.

Besides that, Great Master Sun Tzu says give enemy a surprise attack. Surprise attack give enemy " BIG HEADACHE ":D

Recently there was talk amongst BBS and Western articles that the PLAN had launched its Type 096 SSBN, able to carry 24 SLBMS with a 10000 km range each. It would be reasonable if the PLAN officially disclosed photographs years after the submarine first hit the water.

Then, a photo appeared in a Chinese military magazine that depicts the Type 094. This is significant. Because whenever China officially discloses a secretive weapon like SSBNs, it means that they have completed the next-generation iteration, which is the Type 096 in this case. This pattern has been constant for every single nuclear submarine launched by China.

The report:

Assessing China's naval buildup

"China has disclosed the successful tests of new weaponry, including the launch of its most advanced Type-096 Tang class nuclear submarine which can fire 24 JL-3 ballistic missiles, each with a range of more than 10,000 km."

Go to China-defense.blogspot.com and go in the Type 091 submarine section for the mag.

A new missile? Never heard of it
Anyway, is China's nuclear sub tech better. I heard that Chinese SSN and SSBN are noisy like 1970's sub from USSR

A new missile? Never heard of it
Anyway, is China's nuclear sub tech better. I heard that Chinese SSN and SSBN are noisy like 1970's sub from USSR

You can't believe everything the US says, for one thing, if it were true China won't be a threat it would be a joke. During the cold war, the US discredit the USSR military economy and whatever else in every way, if all that was true then why was there a cold war? Was the US intelligent service stupid? The administration like tricking the public for kicks?

Discrediting Chinese hardware is just flip flopping in US politics, when it's time for funding reviews they naturally hype up their "china threat" theory. Once they get the money and the public gets agitated they will try and discredit the Chinese.

Much like US elections, candidate who gets nominated at the primaries usually has more extreme views.

US, Skorean, japan and 30 Natos will gonna rape the Nkorea. Will we see they dare to fight the war? let me think, think, and think sh!t never gonna happen. lol

China knows it behind in technology development so another edge is to conceal and hide capability. The US knows it is a military technology leaders, so it published some capabilities. Russia is a bear and doesn't give a **** because it has so much nuke to wipe out everyone.

China knows it behind in technology development so another edge is to conceal and hide capability. The US knows it is a military technology leaders, so it published some capabilities. Russia is a bear and doesn't give a **** because it has so much nuke to wipe out everyone.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom