What's new

Sony Xperia Z2 review: A worthy rival to Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One (M8)

People talking about camera phones, check out Lumias in the 9xx & 1020 0r 1520. No Android phone not even the S5 or Z2 can compete. I own both a 1520 & a Z1. Nokia's proprietary camera apps as well as a few paid apps on Windows store like ProShot etc are so good that a Lumia feels like a substitute for a DSLR bar the optical zoom. As a business phone I also find Windows to be a better & more secure OS. I also own a 625 & have the Windows 8.1 preview on it, if Microsoft gets its marketing right Windows 8.1 phones can really grab a large chunk of the global smartphone market. Having Cortana help Halo fanboys feel like Masterchief is also cool.

Minus the shot-to-time time, give me that I would buy the Lumia as my next smartphone. The thing I liked most about my old iPhone 4s, was the instantaneous photo capture. Something not even the S4 or S3 can match.

Yaar someone help me, my phone's display turn off when call, it's really annoying specially when i have to redial or disconnect. :angry:

People talking about camera phones, check out Lumias in the 9xx & 1020 0r 1520. No Android phone not even the S5 or Z2 can compete. I own both a 1520 & a Z1. Nokia's proprietary camera apps as well as a few paid apps on Windows store like ProShot etc are so good that a Lumia feels like a substitute for a DSLR bar the optical zoom. As a business phone I also find Windows to be a better & more secure OS. I also own a 625 & have the Windows 8.1 preview on it, if Microsoft gets its marketing right Windows 8.1 phones can really grab a large chunk of the global smartphone market. Having Cortana help Halo fanboys feel like Masterchief is also cool.

I second that, the camera quality is superb in Lumia handsets. Nokia build quality is also great and they take extra care in this regard and their designs also keep changing from time to time. They are unveiling windows-10 Jan next year and all the previous windows 8 users will get that update too.

Minus the shot-to-time time, give me that I would buy the Lumia as my next smartphone. The thing I liked most about my old iPhone 4s, was the instantaneous photo capture. Something not even the S4 or S3 can match.
Windows phone are not just "smart" they are intelligent too. I mean a lot of cutomization sounds great for android, but I like my phone to handle stuff for me silently.

Yaar someone help me, my phone's display turn off when call, it's really annoying specially when i have to redial or disconnect. :angry:

Thats not an issue, that is the proximity sensor shutting off the screen when it detects an object ( in this case your face ) in front of it, that is really necessary to avoid accidental touches and to conserve battery. Unfortunately, except for a few high end smartphones or the ones running custom ROMS, I dont think that can be turned off.

Thats not an issue, that is the proximity sensor shutting off the screen when it detects an object ( in this case your face ) in front of it, that is really necessary to avoid accidental touches and to conserve battery. Unfortunately, except for a few high end smartphones or the ones running custom ROMS, I dont think that can be turned off.

I don't have this problem in my lenovo cell which is cheaper than xperia. :confused: i can't attend other calls or make group call or video calls because screen is blank and will comeback 30 sec after call is ended. Looks like i wasted my khoon pasinay k dallar :tsk:

if you take it away from your face the displays comes back on

I second that, the camera quality is superb in Lumia handsets. Nokia build quality is also great and they take extra care in this regard and their designs also keep changing from time to time. They are unveiling windows-10 Jan next year and all the previous windows 8 users will get that update too.

Windows phone are not just "smart" they are intelligent too. I mean a lot of cutomization sounds great for android, but I like my phone to handle stuff for me silently.
I agree, Windows takes care of a lot of things silently. Calendar & appointment management for example is a charm as are application updates. Everything happens at night & the phone handles data management etc automatically. Even schedules & dials my conference calls on time if already fed into the calendar. My Lumia's esp after Lumia Cyan have no problem with junk cache memory unlike my Z1 (thinking of going for a Z2) or my brother's Note3. I'm planning on buying a Lumia 830 next just because of it's expandable memory. The 10 MPs with Pure view shooter is better than the competition's 16-20 MPs anyway. Only things I missed were youtube (meh now) & Google Maps (taken care of with WAZE & GMaps+). One thing I do hate is Windows Phones can't stay off. Soon as you plug them in for charging, bam! They turn on.

Back
Top Bottom