What's new

Something is cooking up

Meaning what exactly? What does the actual word mean?

I tried to google it and it came up with a lot of infrastructure named "Bangabandhu" but it didn't explain what it is.

Try breaking the word up Banga= Bengal, Bandhu= Friend.

Too many petitions have been pouring in to Secy Gen UN, Amnesty Int'l, ICC and ICRC, Geneva. UN means the Americans who have no reason to be happy with SHW.

USA is not signatory to ICC.

I dont think random petition will have any value unless any state sponsor it in ICC or the UN itself.

Too many petitions have been pouring in to Secy Gen UN, Amnesty Int'l, ICC and ICRC, Geneva. UN means the Americans who have no reason to be happy with SHW.

Americans have no reason to be worried about well being of jamatis either.

Meaning what exactly? What does the actual word mean?

I tried to google it and it came up with a lot of infrastructure named "Bangabandhu" but it didn't explain what it is.

I thought Loki had already told you what it means. :confused:

Try breaking the word up Banga= Bengal, Bandhu= Friend.

Acha. Thanks for the clarification.

No, not me.

SHW stands for Sheikh Hasina Wazed.

Bangabandhu translates to 'friend of Bengal'. A name for SHW's father, Sheikh Mujib.

Thanks Loki.

You're right. I checked again and it would appear he did tell me what the word meant but I must've overlooked his quote.

We may wish what we like. The Americans may say whatever they want. But Hasina ain't going to budge. She can't afford to. If she looses power, she will be hanged for Peelkhana, many extra-judicial killings, kidnappings and record-breaking graft.

We may wish what we like. The Americans may say whatever they want. But Hasina ain't going to budge. She can't afford to. If she looses power, she will be hanged for Peelkhana, many extra-judicial killings, kidnappings and record-breaking graft.

Agreed, BNP will wipe them out next time if they can manage to come to power if the ctg doesn't. But it will be for the greater good. These thugs shouldn't be alive.

Agreed, BNP will wipe them out next time if they can manage to come to power if the ctg doesn't. But it will be for the greater good. These thugs shouldn't be alive.

No elected civilian govt or a non-elected illegal military govt will ever be able to try in Court political personalities like BKZ or SHW. I believe, SHW will never never agree to a CTG, because this is how the military will enter the govt LEGALLY.

She will rather create a situation whereby military is forced to conduct an ILLEGAL coup. This kind of military govt will not be in a position to try SHW in a competent Court for the crimes she had committed by conspiring to kill military officers in Peelkhana.

No elected civilian govt or a non-elected illegal military govt will ever be able to try in Court political personalities like BKZ or SHW. I believe, SHW will never never agree to a CTG, because this is how the military will enter the govt LEGALLY.

She will rather create a situation whereby military is forced to conduct an ILLEGAL coup. This kind of military govt will not be in a position to try SHW in a competent Court for the crimes she had committed by conspiring to kill military officers in Peelkhana.

No one needs to try SHW, they just need to break AL into way too many pieces. Like last BNP government started clearing the Chatra league cadres. This time, a much larger operation of that kind is needed. Just enough to cripple AL for a good decade long. By that time, hopefully the civilians will mature more and the people will not vote the halfeducated(exaggerating) idiots.

If its a sorry it is a choice between two evil BNP by far the more humanoid party,at least for now.but if god will I would love to see the day when not a single member of BNP and AL is alive in BD.

People of vision should come up with new political parties untied to the present two parties. Such a party cannot be imposed by the military or outsiders. Leadership quality and capability is a thing that comes naturally to some people.

BD has remained void of new leaders and new parties since 1971. Yes, Zia and Ershad came. Zia built BNP but entered through military. Same is for General Ershad. None of them started leadership process in the streets, villages and towns.

Back
Top Bottom