What's new

Something about BD Section

FYI, the largest contributor is pakistan.

As of September 2012 that is.

Here's from last year:
http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/contributors/2011/dec11_1.pdf

Here is a complete list of the data.
Troop and police contributors. United Nations Peacekeeping

There's a reason why Bangladesh is known as the 'cream of UN peacekeepers.
BBC NEWS | South Asia | The cream of UN peacekeepers

You really need to update your knowledge.

And as for quip, explain me how does largest UN contribution even remotely explains a defense section where everything is discussed except defense ?

Okay, now we are coming to the topic of lack of defense-related discussions? :lol: It is true actually. And way too many irrelevant threads.

Have a look at stickies. Plenty of military info there.

Discuss Bangladesh defence, military, air force, navy, army, special forces, strategic affairs and relations with the other countries.

And unlike in India, Bangladesh has a policy of not publicly releasing the exact details of defense acquisitions and plans till the last moments of delivery.

So information out there is always limited. So everything is discussed with what we can find.

i agree with yasinbin to some extent

1. make 2 sticky thread for general political BD news n Economic Achievements of BD as sticky threads attracts less trolls

2. post India-BD related matters in South Asia n keep BD section for more focussed on defence related matters

3. Post good defence matter like the 2 Corvettes from China thread i didn't saw much trolling there so its basically the content n try to restrain urself n others from trolling in such threads.

Frankly execpt for Zabaniya i don't see much effort from any other BD menber to stop trolling

that would clear 70% of the mess instantly but its a team work for all BD members, if they all r ready to do it.....:undecided:

Threads involving India are almost always exclusively made by our bangladeshi brethren.

We also need to consider the fact that BD does not have significant military muscle or regular updates to merit a thread.

If this forum were exclusively "defense technology oriented", i would recommend scrapping the BD section.

The Bangladeshi section has so many India related threads because there are many fake pretending to be Bangladeshi (generally Indians) members in PDF. These pretenders are very eager to post India related issues in PDF anywhere they can.

Bangladesh just has 1% of military spending where as India spends 2.7% and Pakistan 2.8%. However, Bangladesh govt. started to take the military seriously and as such increased defense spending by 0.2% making the total spending 1.2%. Also, BD govt. for some unknown reason keeps very high secrecy about defense procurements. They are the main reason for less defense updates.

The Bangladeshi section has so many India related threads because there are many fake pretending to be Bangladeshi (generally Indians) members in PDF. These pretenders are very eager to post India related issues in PDF anywhere they can.

I always suspected this. I think Munshi, Idune, Captain_Planet, Lungi500 etc are actually Indians masquerading as Bangladeshis to defame Bangladesh.

They might even be members of crusader 100!

Thanks for exposing them.

Some months back when moderators restructured the section in forum, added some and classified some. that time there was this thread where we had the idea how this BD section would be like. I remember I was one of the contributor and on my idea as baseline this BD section was refurbished. Now looking at present scenario :hitwall: .

this general thread section was for important current stuff. But it wasn't supposed to India- centric mostly. we indeed have more issues.:smokin:

I will try to find that thread , can anyone help me in finding that please>>>???

Constructive discussion do take place in BA Army, Navy and AF thread. Please visit them sometime and contribute there.

please no flame-bait, constructive criticism is welcome guys.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/suggestions-discussions/168549-bangladesh-section-moderation.html

A lot of threads we start on news that don't deserve a thread at all. Most fit well on sticky threads- News from Bangladesh and Bangladesh Economy news.

Probably 80% of the posts on those threads revolve around a poor post that hardly addresses the topic and then everyone starts discussing the offtopic part of that particular post. It's the derailment of a thread that degrades its quality.

Sometimes we open multiple threads on a particular topic/news which should be avoided.

Lastly, I think, a thread didn't deserve to be started at all, if you, the thread starter, ever forget about it during your stay on this forum.

Thanks a lot. bhai recently onek koekta social function gelo tei PDF e time dite pari nei......I would like to request Bangladeshi member to please visit this thread. This was our idea of Bangladesh section. & please stop being stupid, stop raising to falme-baits.
A lot of threads we start on news that don't deserve a thread at all. Most fit well on sticky threads- News from Bangladesh and Bangladesh Economy news.

Probably 80% of the posts on those threads revolve around a poor post that hardly addresses then topic and then everyone starts discussing the offtopic part of that particular post. It's the derailment of a thread that degrades its quality.

Sometimes we open multiple threads on a particular topic/news which should be avoided.

Lastly, I think, a thread didn't deserve to be started at all, if you, the thread starter, ever forget about it during your stay on this forum.

Well said. I got an idea---
We can open a thread called " India-Bangladesh Relation" in Bangladesh section. The request MOD to make it sticky. You can post relevant things there and don't stop until loadshading:sniper:. Any one posting India related troll topics out of that thread, will be banned for 7 days.

Regards
Yasin

Back
Top Bottom