What's new

Some facts about Metro buss service how our tax money is wasted

Sharif family says it as if the project was made from their money. Good project no doubt but the question is of misplaced priorities. For the Sharif Family Party Limited , such big ticket items are guarantee of their success in next elections.

If there was no metro project, people would be questioning about the development in Punjab, now if we have something on ground... People are questioning the need to have such development.

We are never happy... The existence of Metro project is far better than not at all... I grew up hearing about Karachi Circular Railway and dreams and dreams and dreams. Here in Punjab, at least the projects are never on papers-only and never die on papers.

Imao, huge money spent on just 27 KM bus service project. Shahi kharhchian.
I wish that they contribute their pocket money in development project, they have many mills, They are billionaire, why they don't spend some money from their pocket. Only spending money of the nation and 27 Km bus service project. 30 hundred million rupees. Loot liya hai sara punjab just for 27 KM project.

punjab doesnt have money making prostitute like karachi which gives everything and in return gets nothing, punjab doesnt face border with afghanistan(very poorly guared border unlike indian border on punjab side) coupled with drone attacks and deaths, and its certainly not punjab who is facing discrimination like balochistan(which produces the natural gas for entire country but gets not even the gas it produces let alone other facilities), so its natural punjab faces better stability than other pakistan

yeah punjab have nothing to do punjab have no industry we are enjoying and looting resources of rest of pakistan lol what a great thinking this guy have he thinks punjab has nothing to do in economy of pakistan

If there was no metro project, people would be questioning about the development in Punjab, now if we have something on ground... People are questioning the need to have such development.

We are never happy... The existence of Metro project is far better than not at all... I grew up hearing about Karachi Circular Railway and dreams and dreams and dreams. Here in Punjab, at least the projects are never on papers-only and never die on papers.

its because the rail metro projects are never easily implemented where as bus metro projects are easily implements, but looks like the nawaz brothers tried to make a hybrid of rail metro and bus metro project, something which is a money waster but looks good for elections

the thing is karachi circular railway is also bad for a city like karachi, i have seen circular railways for a city like glasgow which is not really big to be honest, but a city like karachi should have a metro and not a circular rail project

its because the rail metro projects are never easily implemented where as bus metro projects are easily implements, but looks like the nawaz brothers tried to make a hybrid of rail metro and bus metro project, something which is a money waster but looks good for elections

isnt it good ganja's made it in a way that in future it can be coverted into light rail project with minor modifications ?? :D

isnt it good ganja's made it in a way that in future it can be coverted into light rail project with minor modifications ?? :D

it cant, ganjas arnt engineers, there are different needs for a rail metro and bus rapid project

the thing is karachi circular railway is also bad for a city like karachi, i have seen circular railways for a city like glasgow which is not really big to be honest, but a city like karachi should have a metro and not a circular rail project

Something is always better than nothing. If Karachi circular was so difficult for the government to manage (or should i call it they are too incompetent to launch such a straightforward project) - They could have tried similar to Lahore RMTS.

These projects are not necessarily alternative to each other. A big city like Karachi needed underground, RMTS and light rail to manage its affairs. They should all have been running decades ago. Look at Paris, it's smaller than Karachi by population and they have all these projects running since so long, all of them are successful.

PS: This thread is about Lahore so all I want to say is, such projects are bound to be successful (if corruption is minimised) and are much needed for heavy populated cities like Karachi, Lahore and Faisalabad. It was long due since decades and now if we have it, look at the positive aspects of the project too rather than blindly criticising it.

can somebody tell why metro bus is waste of money?

A country where millions of children don't have proper educational facilities, a country where millions don't get proper health facilities, a country where majority does not have clean drinking water. and here we are spending 30Billion to build a network to facilitate just 10% of a city. that money could have been better utilized if it was spent to build better educational infrastructure or improve health care facilities throughout the province and not just one city.

Forget @darkinsky. This guy is an MQM troll. Just look at all his posts on this thread. He has no shame. None at all. All that high talk about Punjab's problems. I bet he has never been to Lahore. The only good thing about Punjab is that we do not have MQM. Therefore we have been spared Bhattakhori and parchian, we also do not have the gifts of Bori-Bund Lashain, neither do we have targetted killings like in Karachi.

He probably thinks that Punjabis are too dumb to have own engineers. What a wise guy.

This is a troll thread pure and simple.

I would like to see anyone else accomplish such a project from scratch within 10 months and on budget. Give me one example. Just one example. Can you do that @darkinsky ?

Project start in Punjab and get done on time. During PPP coalition government in Punjab in 1994-1997, Ferozepur Rd underpass could not be completed in time for Cricket world cup final. The contractors were never paid in time and all the money was siphoned off by Zardari. That was shameful. But MQM trolls would never talk about that, because they are partners with PPP in coalition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom