What's new

Some facts about Metro buss service how our tax money is wasted

Although I like the Metro set up and its 2 coach articulated buses painted in red, yet I believe, looking at huge Lahori population, the following 3 coach articulated buses would have been much better.

doppel2.jpg

Pakistan ki shan aur bad jati....

Should i tell you all an interesting fact:

Pakistan's first metro bus has Shahadra as its terminal points.

India's first modern metro system built in Delhi also started off with Shahadra as its terminal point.

:D

Interesting fact contrarian. Thanks for sharing. Shahdara is a location too both in Indian and Pakistan.

100 Deawoo buses... to ply in Pakistan?

Trying so hard not to troll here... :undecided:

Whats there to troll and for your information more than half of what you said already ply in Pakistan.

these will be additional

What a stupid thread. Meeting public needs = waste of public money????

If there is something solid regarding corruption in this project then share that. But what a moronic thread. Seriously.
@Contrarian. Thanks for sharing a fact that we would not have known. I hope one day we have an express bus service between Delhi and Lahore. But of course after resolution of outstanding issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter what decision one takes and what project one completes, there are always Pros & Cons. IMHO even a bad decision is better than indecision.

One hears opposite views on the TV and even today I heard Kamil Ali Agha of PML-Q saying that this was a waste of money and that their proposed underground was a much better idea. This and all other criticisms are probably justified. However transport infra-structure is life blood of the economy and any improvement therein is more than welcome.

In my student days in the late 50’s & early 60’s there used to be "Lahore Omni Bus Service" or LOS for short, which was very useful. But LOS went into disrepair due to mismanagement and ended up scrapped

Despite all the faults and wastage of money, Lahore city has a modern bus service and that is very good indeed. Nevertheless no project is worth much unless it is run efficiently. I sincerely hope that Lahore Metro does not go the way of the old LOS and the current Pakistan Railways.

I have noticed that, "Pakistanio ko kabhi shanti nahi padhti, aap logon ke dimag me koi fatoor hai".

If your govt doesn't build something then you guys cry, if they mistakenly do you guys cry over how crappy work is done. Yaar it takes time to execute these projects with efficiently. Building a metro system, BRTS, MRTS is a learning process and Pakistan is a noob at it. Atleast look at the benefits it will bring to the city. Such projects have a potential of land monetizing and can create many new businesses.

Every country is not blesses with project managers like Mr. Shridharan. :cheesy:

No matter what decision one takes and what project one completes, there are always Pros & Cons. IMHO even a bad decision is better than indecision.

One hears opposite views on the TV and even today I heard Kamil Ali Agha of PML-Q saying that this was a waste of money and that their proposed underground was a much better idea. This and all other criticisms are probably justified. However transport infra-structure is life blood of the economy and any improvement therein is more than welcome.

In my student days in the late 50’s & early 60’s there used to be "Lahore Omni Bus Service" or LOS for short, which was very useful. But LOS went into disrepair due to mismanagement and ended up scrapped

Despite all the faults and wastage of money, Lahore city has a modern bus service and that is very good indeed. Nevertheless no project is worth much unless it is run efficiently. I sincerely hope that Lahore Metro does not go the way of the old LOS and the current Pakistan Railways.

Elections are few months away and all political actors are trying to let rivals down. thats the soul purpose of this thread as well.

Good to see clean buses no matter how much money spent.

if anyone wants to see what is waste of money they should come to KPK and see the useless trash fly overs built in Peshawar by ANP

I was a little disappointed about the rail system being superceded by MetroBus. But to be honest, we do not have money for that. Plus the feasibility study was conducted by PML(Q) government and if I am not wrong, the total expense came to something like 400+ Billion rupees. I suspect that about 50% was corruption money. I would not have those guys implement a project with such a scope for corruption. With SS, one can be sure that some loss may occur due to haste of implementation, but I have not yet come across a credible story of corruption in any of his projects. I would trust SS over Pervez Elahi any day.

I would want Lahore to have an underground rapid transit rail system. But only when we can afford it.

At this time Nawaz Sharif has two opponents. PTI is in Northern Punjab & PPP in Southern Punjab. This is obvious that Imran Khan will target his actual opponent. I don't think anything is objectionable in it.

Plz don't think me supporter of PTI.

I have noticed that, "Pakistanio ko kabhi shanti nahi padhti, aap logon ke dimag me koi fatoor hai".

If your govt doesn't build something then you guys cry, if they mistakenly do you guys cry over how crappy work is done. Yaar it takes time to execute these projects with efficiently. Building a metro system, BRTS, MRTS is a learning process and Pakistan is a noob at it. Atleast look at the benefits it will bring to the city. Such projects have a potential of land monetizing and can create many new businesses.

Every country is not blesses with project managers like Mr. Shridharan. :cheesy:

Fatoor tumharey dimagh mai hai...................
In democracy somebody can oppose to something & somebody can do favor. Same thing happens in India too.

punjab doesnt have money making prostitute like karachi which gives everything and in return gets nothing, punjab doesnt face border with afghanistan(very poorly guared border unlike indian border on punjab side) coupled with drone attacks and deaths, and its certainly not punjab who is facing discrimination like balochistan(which produces the natural gas for entire country but gets not even the gas it produces let alone other facilities), so its natural punjab faces better stability than other pakistan

Although I like the Metro set up and its 2 coach articulated buses painted in red, yet I believe, looking at huge Lahori population, the following 3 coach articulated buses would have been much better.

doppel2.jpg

Pakistan ki shan aur bad jati....

its better to have the metro train system if you need more than two coach articulated buses

Worst project ever! I hope someone takes stay order and kill this Project...There should be complete investigation into the massive corruption in this Project how did this project consume 90B rupees or even more.

Why this project is a fail in long run and how Punjab could have invested in something much cheaper.

- No tender was released-posted
- Why are German buses purchased and why was China contacted to do that.
- Why did not Punjab government purchase Buses locally which are 5 times lesser in cost then the imported Buses.
- HinoPak makes excellent Buses locally in Pakistan Buses
- Punjab government should have invited owners of the Buses and warned them to purchase locally manufactured HinoPak Buses with-in 2-3 Years all over Punjab or license would be cancelled, this would have enforced them and bring in standard Buses in Punjab and entire Punjab would have been flooded with Nice-Clean and Economical Buses. The over all costs even if Punjab had funded from pocket would have been less then 10-8B rupees.

Whats there to troll and for your information more than half of what you said already ply in Pakistan.

these will be additional

Vo Daewoo TATA ki jaageer hai mere dost :D

Shaukat mian jaate jaate Tata ka haath Pakistan me jama gaye :)

Back
Top Bottom