What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a black day in the history of Turkey

and then they want to become part of European Union? I feel sorry for my turkish brothers, they clearly learnt nothing from the aftermath of dictators in Pakistan, Iraq and other Islamic countries

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/attempt-coup-turkey-prime-minister-says-n610531

This shows the opposite. 5 mins ago

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/attempt-coup-turkey-prime-minister-says-n610531

Turkey's military staged a coup late Friday, taking over a television channel and imposing martial law with tanks on the streets of one of America's key NATO allies — taking the world by surprise.

Soldiers appeared at intersections, military jets were reportedly flying low over the capital and airspace around Istanbul's main airports was closed, forcing international flights to divert.

The U.S. State Department urged Americans in Turkey not to attempt reaching the U.S. Embassy or consulates, telling them instead to "shelter in place."

President Tayyip Erdogan, whose whereabouts were unknown, issued a defiant statement to say he was safe and urged citizens to take to streets in show of support for the government.

Turkey, stay strong.

This is not the time to have an internal divide.Military coup can't solve a thing.Ask the Pakistanis and they will tell you how events like these turned out for them.It's not the job of the military to run a country & it's civilian institutions.Especially, when the higher ups of those guys in uniform can barely manage the weight of management & decision making related to their own institution.The motivation and desire to seize all the power and arrest the elected government's setup is never healthy.Since chaos and events like these are planned by few minds who only have to guard their own agenda hence, they push to achieve their own goals through extra constitutional ventures.. And it definitely has a great potential to harm the interests of a common man.

I wish that the Turkish government could get this anarchy settled in time ,establish the order back as it was and restore the national cohesion.

A government victory.

The military ended up siding with the government, as well as the opposition and population.

The coup faction seems to have lost all control of the situation, as the tides turn against them.

Whatever the outcome, it is not going to be pretty.

Not a coup, they declared martial law, CNN has it titled 'Coup Underway' which tells us that is the plan that is being coordinated right now, the Western strategists aren't doing so well. And they will pay a price for this once the coup fails.

No, internet blockage. I was just following the news.

I think this coup will fail.....Seems like coup is being made within a fraction of the army.

I agree about the Internet part. I saw the messages of a Saudi tourist that I know who is now in Turkey. She bought a house 2 days ago and can't be more depressed than what she already is:sad:

Coup seems to be turning into a mutiny. Dua for turkey. Hope casualties and injuries remain minimal :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom