What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last heard he was in contact with Obama regarding some military pact for Syria. Kerry is in Moscow for the same.

I am sure all this is not at all connected to whats going on Turkey.

No I was just asking if someone had seen him after the coup. How is he and all. If you see him just tell him not to drink too much since he might celebrate a bit too heavily now. :D

Reactions: jha
I oppose any military coup. I will not recognize any new potential military regime of Turkey as a result.

Everyone's in shock and not sure of the situation, also these armies will ruthlessly kill.

Turkish army is way too professional to do that, they are there to ensure the secular values for every citizen remain intact. Killing their own people would be a disaster for the PR of the armed forces.

I understand your point, but there is no valid reason for this coup. Turkey is a fully functioning democracy. It has an elected leader. You can't just overthrow a democratically elected government because you happen to have political differences. It will be very interesting to see how the West in particular reacts to this happening. After all, a dictatorship is always supposed to be a bad thing.

Kind sir, you are right on the mark. Today two things have happened. We in Europe have viciously attacked.. at the end of the day you have a coup in Turkey. I have read practically all of your posts and respect your views. Things are moving fast in the international scene. Look at the big picture.., please. Do respond to the indian snakes.. they are there to distract you.

Focus and analyse.. If you speak Dutch then we can talk... the global scene is changing fast.

but people of turkey voted for him, and its not the duty of US to decide what is in the benefit of Turkey.
Again with silly conspiracies. We did not decide jack. The forces for secularism and anti islamization decided in Turkey.

Two of Tuaf commanders are part of the coupe, people are going outside.

Guys the worst thing about this situation is that a group has captured the country not the whole army ! , I don't know how will the army chief and rest of the army react to the actions of the group ... Clashes and Skirmishes are expected between the army and this group of the army ..

I oppose any military coup. I will not recognize any new potential military regime of Turkey as a result.
Turkey is not Pakistan, Egypt or Thailand. You can't get away with shunning such an important country and close ally.

Cnb4rEWVUAA5l_Y.jpg

Cnb4rHlUEAEss62.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom