What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
resized_d9f9a-4f2b4384ca55ab7c64dd86736ee3626c.jpg

Terrorists are surrendering in batches. Special forces are mopping them up. Turkey will be too constrained for them...

We need to get to the bottom of this entire thing. Who were the sponsors, how did they plan it, who were the masterminds etc. Every minuscule detail needs to come to the forefront. This cannot be allowed to happen again.

A Turkish friend who happens to be flying out to Turkey today, tells me that although a great lot of damage has been done, apparently some F-16s hit a hotel and the Parliament, but it's good for long term as now the government will be able to get rid of all the bad apples in the military.

Erdogan's domestic political base may have been strengthened but surely Turkey's international standing is ruined. A fragile and precarious country trying to maintain a semblence of being a western power and also holding the key to Syria and the refugee crisis in Europe.
true

its a NATO country that had aspirations to become part of EU
sadly terrorism from PKK and ISIS and siding with Saudi led war on Syria has tarnished its progress and image

Turkey's Anadolu Agency is reporting that soldiers who have taken over the Chief of General Staff Headquarters as part of an attempted coup have requested negotiations to surrender.

According to a Turkish official at the presidency, that is the last base the coup supporters hold.

Turkey has announced that more than 1,500 soldiers have been arrested in the coup attempt overnight.

CnebIslWYAAAWC6.jpg

A Turkish friend who happens to be flying out to Turkey today, tells me that although a great lot of damage has been done, apparently some F-16s hit a hotel and the Parliament, but it's good for long term as now the government will be able to get rid of all the bad apples in the military.

Well said. It is a good thing this has happened because it was inevitable. It was in the making for a long time. Luckily, it failed miserably and the ill-wishers who shout loudly and obscenely about their righteousness are caught redhanded and red faced. They have no where to hide and escape. Round them up and make sure that this whole transgression becomes an example for the rest. Erdogan has undoubtedly been vindicated. His support has been solidified. There is nothing more Erdogan could wish for. At the same time, the duplicity has been exposed. So badly exposed. As we say, doodh ka doodh aur paani ka paani.

Last edited:
Flash news...

One skorsky s70 helicopter and its crew fled to Greece. I think some army chiefs are fled by s70.

First R.I.P to all the people who died.

His support has been solidified. There is nothing more Erdogan could wish for.

Secondly I couldn't put it better. Erdogan has now a free hand to dismantle the army, one of the last potential opposition to his reign, meaning that he is "president for life". Don't see him loosing power until his death, which in turn I fear it's very bad for Turkey.

Just realized some of Pakistani 'so called' jurnos also confirmed the coup as successful straight away and now they are being whipped on twitter as well :D

Just realized some of Pakistani 'so called' jurnos also confirmed the coup as successful straight away and now they are being whipped on twitter as well :D

This happened straight away in the Western media as well yesterday. For instance, major Dutch media outlets were speaking about a successful military coup in the first hour.

We need to get to the bottom of this entire thing. Who were the sponsors, how did they plan it, who were the masterminds etc. Every minuscule detail needs to come to the forefront. This cannot be allowed to happen again.
IMHO, the ultimate plan was to kill not only the civilian leadership, but also all top military commanders and incite civil war type situation. Many of them were taken to unknown locations. They're being rescued one by one. It was an attack on Turkey based on a very thorough plan. Allah has saved Turkey..

new photos is coming from Gendarmarie General Command . 200 coup Soldiers is arrested
this is so humiliating but they deserve it.
jandarma-genel-komutanligi-nda-200-asker-ciplak-halde-gozaltina-alindi-7346402.Jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom