What's new

Somali pirates capture 120 Indians sailors

DesiGuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Somali pirates have struck again. In the biggest hijacking ever, they captured 8 boats taking nearly 120 Indian sailors hostage. The sailors were on their way from Somalia to Dubai.

TIMES NOW spoke to the relatives of one of the sailors, who said they have appealed to the government for help in securing their release.

Meanwhile, sources said that the hijacked Indian vessels have been traced near Seychelles.

The sailors belong to the Saurashtra and Kutch regions of Gujarat. They had anchored last in the rebel territory of Kismayo in Somalia where they loaded cargo into their boats. But moments after leaving the port, pirates captured them. So far, the pirates have not asked for any ransom.

Sources in the Indian Navy have confirmed the news of the hijack and have said efforts are on in full swing to contact the pirates and get the Indians back safely.

India has remained a target within the pirates' radar. Somali Pirates have many a time attacked Indian ships and taken Indians crew members hostage.

On December 23 last year, an Indian ship named M T Agrasen was attacked by armed pirates just 300 nautical miles off the Indian coast of Maharashtra. The 41 member crew, however, managed to fight off the attack and thwart the attempted seige.

On December 15, pirates seized Indian vessel Laxmi Sagar off the Somalian coast and took 10 members on board hostage.

Indians were taken hostage on October 24 along with two Burmese nationals when a Panama flagged ship Al Khaliq was hijacked. The ship was however released later after receiving a ransom of 3.1 million dollars.

In September 2008, a merchant ship, MT Stolt Valor was hijacked along with 18 Indian sailors on aboard. However, after intense government pressure, the ship was finally released after a 60-day ordeal.

Somali pirates capture 120 Indians sailors - India - The Times of India

till Somali dont get stabilized, these types of attacks will continue.

Indians were taken hostage on October 24 along with two Burmese nationals when a Panama flagged ship Al Khaliq was hijacked. The ship was however released later after receiving a ransom of 3.1 million dollars.

i think giving dollars to those hijacker can further strengthen their position and weapons. There must be some other solutions for them.

India should make them taste a little of Indian Navy this time. They have been very active this past few years and have cause the loss of billions of dollars.

Let them have a brahmos and then we'll see who rules the seas. :sniper:

we should build a base near that area it will be economical, will help security in the region for international vessels and also help us in case of war, we can cut off the trade route.

This types of incidents gives a reason for such deployments we should go for it.

India should make them taste a little of Indian Navy this time. They have been very active this past few years and have cause the loss of billions of dollars.

I think that Indian Navy should act swiftly and show their strength to these pirates. Else, I don't think they need to have A/Cs, stealth frigates :blah: :blah:

A joint operation should be launched to out root these pirates by the International community instead of patrolling the troubled area.

Brahmos ? Its not meant for that purpose. These terrorists need to be dealt with care and not risk lives of 120 sailors. I am just wondering if countries affected by these terrorist taken any steps to counter this menance.

Just one quick question to the guys who said "
India should make them taste a little of Indian Navy this time" and " think that Indian Navy should act swiftly and show their strength to these pirates" if you were the family of the captured sailors, do you hope indian govt pay the money and let them come back to india safely or give them a lesson and let the sailors's head cutted down?

Dont be unconcerned.:tdown:

India should make them taste a little of Indian Navy this time" and " think that Indian Navy should act swiftly and show their strength to these pirates" if you were the family of the captured sailors, do you hope indian govt pay the money and let them come back to india safely or give them a lesson and let the sailors's head cutted down?

This is his personal opinion but our govt. has policy we will never negotiate with terrorists.

And keep your concern with your self we all know you very well.

What is the use of a Navy which wants to be the Blue water Navy, if they can't perform such rescue missions?

P.S.: Since, I'm not from the family of captured sailors, I wont comment on your question because it doesn't matter how strong you are if your family member is in trouble you always want him safe and unharmed.

Last edited:
This is his personal opinion but our govt. has policy we will never negotiate with terrorists.

And keep your concern with your self we all know you very well.

:lol:You just wanna troll in every thead, are you? Is that bcoz I pointed your shameless in other thread, and you just start personal attacking to me?:lol: Come on body, dont act like kids.:lol:

till Somali dont get stabilized, these types of attacks will continue.

why is government spending so much on IN,send them to somalia and send the pirates to sleep,and stabilise the damn place.U cant wait for America to do all the good job in the world.

If Indians say: let pay ransom to them, you would say exactly what I had mentioned.
What is the use of a Navy which wants to be the Blue water Navy, if they can't perform such rescue missions?

P.S.: Since, I'm not from the family of captured sailors, I wont comment on your question because it doesn't matter how strong you are if your family member is in trouble you always want him safe and unharmed.

How do you know What I will say? And I will never say so. You can pay the money and keep them safe and then send your NAVY. Anyway, the human life is the first thing should be considered, dont agree with me?

:lol:You just wanna troll in every thead, are you? Is that bcoz I pointed your shameless in other thread, and you just start personal attacking to me?:lol: Come on body, dont act like kids.:lol:

We are concerned about the captives also and not because they are from my family or my country ,but because they are innocent human beings.And if sacrificing a few lives makes the waters safe then India should not hesiitate in doing that.My friend is in merchant navy and he tells me how scary is to cross gulf odf aden .

How do you know What I will say? And I will never say so. You can pay the money and keep them safe and then send your NAVY. Anyway, the human life is the first thing should be considered, dont agree with me?

Edited my comment...

Disagree with you for paying ransom. Agreed that human life should be the priority...

Back
Top Bottom