What's new

So what is your story? Why joined PDF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The late Rohith Vemula was a student of Hyderabad University. He was a Dalit so was duly harassed by the Upper Caste university officials. The matter went up to the Central government and he found injustice from there too. Perhaps he should have become more engaged in the university's Ambedkar Study Circle or he should have become engaged with the Left. In 2016 he chose to commit suicide by hanging in a friend's hostel room.

The matter became a cause celebre for quite some time that year and the next few. I too attended a protest gathering in his honor at my city's town hall.

Right in 2016 his mother and brother chose to adopt Buddhism in Bombay probably partly in protest and partly in desire of a better life without rampant discrimination.

India is quite a disharmonious society, with or without the complaints of Muslims.

What has any of this to do with Hindutva or the churn in India since the BJP rook over.

Dalits getting educated at all is a big thing in the civilizational sense.

It's not as if he would have been a upper caste under the Congress.

Be serious.

Cheers, Doc

What has any of this to do with Hindutva or the churn in India since the BJP rook over.

One Hindutvadi leader, Sadhvi Pragya, was on a stage a few months ago and she wondered why Shudras and other Lower Castes have problem when they are made known of their traditional socio-economic place.

Dalits getting educated at all is a big thing in the civilizational sense.

Agreed. But imagine their plight if people like Yogi Adityanath and Sadhvi Pragya had become governors of India in 1947 instead of Nehru and Ambedkar. In fact Yogi wants the Manusmriti to replace the current constitution.

It's not as if he would have been a upper caste under the Congress.

The current Congress is in shambles I agree.

One Hindutvadi leader, Sadhvi Pragya, was on a stage a few months ago and she wondered why Shudras and other Lower Castes have problem when they are made known of their traditional socio-economic place.

Agreed. But imagine their plight if people like Yogi Adityanath and Sadhvi Pragya had become governors of India in 1947 instead of Nehru and Ambedkar. In fact Yogi wants the Manusmriti to replace the current constitution.

The current Congress is in shambles I agree.

My point is simple.

Hindutva or the BJP is not responsible for Dalits. It's a lot older and further back.

But in the current sense of the discussion, if you are alluding to some sort of soft corner of Dalits for Muslims versus the rest of their Hindu brethren, you are barking up the wrong tree.

That's their internal fight. And one that's consuming us all in India.

But they all see you the same.

Cheers, Doc

My story is, I would watch alot of videos online about pak military, successful operations, prophecies and conspiracies. Plus i was interested in military engineering, can pakistan make quality products? etc. I came across pdf in google search and would read interesting debate and trolling amongst members. So i decided to join but it took me long time to think of a name, then i came up with azad kashmir.
I choose this name because i thought it would make me popular on the forum.

I also realized the forum has had members leave due to abuse or heated debates on such topics etc. Sometimes mods would not intervene or would intervene too much. My experience has been good but also bad at times as British Pakistanis have bad reputation as thugs and backward community and due to this, i got into conflicts leading to ethnic racism on both sides.
However i stood firm to back my community as there were times i wanted to leave pdf. Overall you got to grow thick skin.
There were good mods who would intervene and bring peace.

So what is your story, why did you join pdf?

I joined PDF in 2015 to combat and expose anti-Pakistani racism and propaganda from indians. Nothing more. Nothing less.

My point is simple.

Hindutva or the BJP is not responsible for Dalits. It's a lot older and further back.

But the BJP proclaims itself the champion of Hinduism so it should speak more vocally of the 3000-year-old discrimination against Dalits.

But in the current sense of the discussion, if you are alluding to some sort of soft corner of Dalits for Muslims versus the rest of their Hindu brethren, you are barking up the wrong tree.

That's their internal fight. And one that's consuming us all in India.

But they all see you the same.

Well there is the Meem-Bhim alliance. Not so wide-spread across the country but still present.

Count them dead at your own peril.

They gave forgotten more politics than the Gujju lobby has learned.

Cheers, Doc

Yes the Congress is not dead yet but as my mother often says that the younger lot in the Congress is moving out because the old guard is not standing aside and moving into advisory position.

Hindutva has nothing to do with Hinduism. It's a political ideology mirroring alien concepts.

Completely non Dharmic.

1. What is Manusmriti then ?

2. By "non Dharmic" you mean... ?

On the Congress, while everyone is looking at Rahul and lampooning him, strong forces are coming together.

I hope so on the strong forces but who do you mean ?

Modi came in on the TINA factor.

He will be requested by the nation to step down on the ABB factor.

What is ABB ? "Ab Bas Bhai" ?

1. What is Manusmriti then ?

2. By "non Dharmic" you mean... ?

I hope so on the strong forces but who do you mean ?

What is ABB ? "Ab Bas Bhai" ?

You know my views on Hindutva and what it mirrors. There are easier ways to get me banned.

Next year UP will be interesting. Remember gujjus successfully killed advani and his gang of loyalists, and then trimmed Gadkari and Rajnath Singh. They are going to trim Yogi and yogi is going to blow the BJP wide open.

Whoever emerges from the ashes, is going to be a strong contender for combined ABB forces.

Don't count out Didi. And the old Maratha warhorse. Who will take primary school classes of the gujjus in Indian politics 101.

Let us see. Never say never.

B's (loyalists) say there will be civil war if Rahul becomes PM.

I've told them that there will be civil war if the BJP comes back.

Two can play the same game of khauf dikhana.

Right @Sam. ?

@Sharma Ji to your question on the other thread.

Cheers, Doc

Next year UP will be interesting. Remember gujjus successfully killed advani and his gang of loyalists, and then trimmed Gadkari and Rajnath Singh.

I think we have a disagreement here. Advani and the late Jaswant Singh were ostracized and sidelined by the party because they called Jinnah as secular.

But what do you think happened exactly ?

They are going to trim Yogi and yogi is going to blow the BJP wide open.

I don't think the Gujjus will mind Yogi and his poisonous ways as long as he is limited to UP CMship. But if he is put up as the next PM the more practical minds in the party will advise him to go a bit easy on religion.

Whoever emerges from the ashes, is going to be a strong contender for combined ABB forces.

Sorry I am being dense here but what is "ABB" ?

Don't count out Didi. And the old Maratha warhorse. Who will take primary school classes of the gujjus in Indian politics 101.

Yes, Didi has national plans. Her party is named All India TMC. And former BJP minister Yashwant Sinha is a significant leader in AITMC.

Agreed about the Maratha warhorse.

B's (loyalists) say there will be civil war if Rahul becomes PM.

I think Rahul has enough sense to not present himself for PMship. But does he have enough sense to present say Kanhaiya Kumar for it ?

I think Rahul has enough sense to not present himself for PMship. But does he have enough sense to present say Kanhaiya Kumar for it ?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

that would be such a typical pappu move.

Salaam

Nobody leaves no one alone.

Everyone fights for their place in Indian society.

This is not a Hindu Muslim fight.

The Muslims are on the wrong side with everyone. There is no split opinion or support where they are concerned.

They have made their bed. No one else is going to lie in it.

India is in the throes of a civilizational class war. A rebalancing. A realignment.

There are ancient equations being thrashed out here. Medieval ones. Definitely those spanning the past 2000 years of Indian civilization.

Muslims are simply new kids on the block.

In the wrong place at the wrong time on the wrong side of history and circumstance.

It will be very complicated for you to see it as a non Indian, purely through an Islam centric prism.

Cheers, Doc

You are correct, I likely have a very weak understanding of the nuances of Indian society.

From an outside perspective, it does appear that whatever is going on will likely result in external forces trying to capitalise on it especially if things go south.

If the external factors are completely ignored, I see a very bleak future for the Muslims with not too great a cost for the majority Hindus. However, I personally think that given that India has major enemies on it's border (one being an actual superpower), things will become costly.

Anyways, let's see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom