What's new

Smuggling thru airport on rise: Pak citizen held with huge Indian rupee

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Smuggling thru airport on rise
Another Pak citizen held with huge Indian rupees

→ Md Esaraf Hossain

daily sun | First Page | Smuggling thru airport on rise

The smuggling of gold, foreign currencies and contraband drugs and medicine into the country was increasing gradually as another Pakistani citizen was held along with about 90 lakh Indian rupees at an airport here Saturday.

In the face of interrogation, the Pakistani citizen, Wahid Ali 40, confessed that he smuggled the Indian currencies into Bangladesh.

Senior ASP Alamgir Hossain of the Armed Police Battalion (APBn) said, “Wahid Ali is an active member of an International currency-smuggling gang.”

Earlier on June 23, customs officials arrested another Pakistani citizen Md Sadaqat Ali Khan, 42, and seized 41 lakh Indian rupees at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.

Apprehending his suspicious movement, the customs officers searched his luggage and recovered the currencies shortly after he landed at the airport from a flight of Emirates Airlines.

After searching his passport, it was also found that he came to Bangladesh several times. He had visas of several countries, including Bangladesh, India and Pakistan.

According to the airport sources, the smuggling of gold, foreign currencies, contraband drug and medicines into the country is on the rise.

Organised gangs of local smugglers having link with their foreign sidekicks are using Bangladesh as a transit point for smuggling.

They have been smuggling these goods into Bangladesh for long, the airport sources said. To run their business, they are using the airport as a transit route.

Only carriers are being caught, but the real smugglers are behind the scene, airport sources said.

Law enforcers are yet to arrest the identified smugglers who use the country as a transit route for smuggling the goods through the airport.

The smugglers get protection and patronage from the crime syndicates who have an unholy alliance with a group of corrupt officials of police, intelligence branches, customs, Biman and Civil Aviation Authority, sources at the airport said.

The smugglers and their hired goons in various flights land at the airport along with smuggled goods, including foreign currencies, immediately after they got signals from the syndicate having link with the dishonest officials of the police, intelligence branches, customs officials and civil aviation, the sources said.

Airport police and other officials allegedly in exchange of a handsome amount of money help smugglers to go out of the airport freely with their smuggled goods.

Gold and medicine are being smuggled into Bangladesh from various countries whereas foreign currencies like US dollars, pounds, Euro, Saudi Riyal and Indian rupees are being smuggled out regularly. But most of smugglers escape punishment for lack of convincing evidence. Some of them are, of course, in jails but lack of evidence may facilitate their release from jail sooner or later.

From time to time, the customs recover smuggled gold, currencies and other valuable goods and arrest some people but the always the real smugglers remain behind the scenes.

Sources said a section of unscrupulous officials of four departments - police, CAAB, Biman and customs – manipulate the cases of smuggling in such a way that sufficient evidence cannot be found against the smugglers.

These officials are part of the racket involved in gold and foreign currency smuggling, sources said.
- See more at: daily sun | First Page | Smuggling thru airport on rise

Most probably 90 laks of fake Indian notes to be send to india........

rupee.jpg

Last week another Pakistani was arrested as well!!!

Published: Thursday, June 13, 2013
Pakistani held with 41 lakh Indian rupees
Star Online Report

http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/news/pakistani-held-with-42-lakh-indian-rupees/

Star file photo
Customs officials arrested a Pakistani citizen with around 41 lakh Indian rupees at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in the capital Thursday morning.

Ehteshamul Haque, senior additional superintendent of Armed Police Battalion (APBn), said they arrested Pakistani national Sabakat Ali Khan, 40, with the Indian rupees around 9:30am.

Khan arrived in Dhaka by a flight of Emirates Airlines from Dubai, the APBn official said.

The customs officials detected the rupees while scanning in his luggage, he said.

Last Modified: Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I don't think they are fake rupees. This gang is using BD as a transit to smuggle Indian rupee to other countries.

First they wanted India to bleed through so called jihad...they end up bleeding themselves..
They wanted India to bleed by weakening Indian economy by flooding fake currency...they end up doomed economy for them

No, our Court will try the man and confiscate the money for use by the govt.

He is just joking friend. You should see the smiley in the end of comment. BTW we are happy that at least one country is there who thinks to help themselves rather than depending on others. Find the loopholes & clean the system. It will be model place for routing the business by local people rather than smugglers. & I believe Bangladesh is working on it. Joy Bangla(I don't know how do you spell it but I can say at least that it's coming from my heart). BTH Bangla people are very sweet to talk in my friend circle. Heck here in Mumbai language every sentence has vulgar words which are used by not only men but women also in large.

Why would a Pakistani be smuggling fake Indian rupees out of Bangladesh (Pakistan->India->BD->Out)?. I mean if it were fake currency, why not transport it with ease and safety directly out of Pakistan, while sipping on some chilled refreshments?

I think BD's finally got the AmerIndo bug of "wannabe" cool dudes, blame everything on Pakistan. Soon the next installment of floods will be a gift of Pakistan too.

This whole news actually is no news at all, just a neighborly pleaser.

BD'ians grow up, it's just smuggling, and that's it.

@arp2041 see the great work of Bangladeshi Brother's!!!! Waiting for your valuable input's....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom