What's new

Smart phones | Selection advice, New releases, Concepts

the first Prototype of Iphone 5 had came to Shenzhen Foxconn(assembled here), and Iphone 5 will on sale in late August

130733772.jpg

1-thumb17.jpg

201007061250573.jpg

I almost forgot about this thread. Anyway, here are some concepts for the iPhone 5.

Some of the concepts are good, whereas the others are just disgusting.

There is a possibility that some concepts may have been posted on this thread earlier.

01-5205183.jpg

02-5205186.jpg

03-5205228.jpg

04-5205225.jpg

05-5205219.jpg

06-5205215.jpg

09-5205207.jpg

10-5205201.jpg

To be continued.................

Remember the Samsung Galaxy S III that exploded? Well, Samsung has explained what happened.......

Remember the Galaxy S III that exploded not so long ago? After the accident in Ireland, Samsung started an investigation to see what caused it and it's back with the results.

The company even contracted Fire Investigations UK (FIUK) to help them get to the bottom of it and they've concluded that it's a external heat source, presumably a domestic microwave oven.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Here's what the report states:

The only way it was possible to produce damage similar to the damage recorded within the owner's damaged device was to place the devices or component parts within a domestic microwave

After the statement, the owner of the overheated Galaxy S III has since brought more light as to how it all happened and has even retracted his accusations towards Samsung. According to him, the phone was exposed to water and "another person" had been trying to mend it.

Thanks for the tip, George!

Source | Via

**********​

So who puts their smartphone in a microwave oven? :woot: :rofl:

It seems like it’s been a while since we’ve heard any new information regarding the next-generation iPhone. The rumor mill has been chock-full of iPad Mini talk, but nothing regarding the highly-anticipated handset.

That changed this afternoon, as purported photos of “iPhone 5 engineering samples” surfaced on the web. The metal mockups depict a device in line with previous speculation, with a slightly taller, thinner case design…

iphone-5-back-1-e1341951137475.jpeg

9to5Mac spotted the photos on GottaBeMobile, and the subjects of the images are being called “actual engineering samples manufactured in Apple’s supply chain.” Although it’s certainly possible that the samples are fake, the design does appear to match up with other next-gen iPhone reports.

iphone-5-back-cover.jpg

The two-toned case design has shown up on a number of occasions over the last 6 months, in everything from leaked parts to manufacturing schematics. If this year’s iPhone doesn’t look anything like this, then someone (possibly even Apple) has pulled off quite an elaborate hoax.

Looks aside, Apple’s next-generation iPhone is expected to be one of the largest updates in the line’s history with a larger 4-inch display, LTE-compatibility and other updated components. The company is presumed to unveil the new handset at a media event in early October.

**********​

I was confuse between S3 and HTC one s/X but finally made my mind

Now i am eagerly waiting to get my hands on HTC One S which will deliver on 12th july :D

I was confuse between S3 and HTC one s/X but finally made my mind

Now i am eagerly waiting to get my hands on HTC One S which will deliver on 12th july :D

Congratulations on your purchase, but why did you choose the HTC One S over the HTC One X?

Congratulations on your purchase, but why did you choose the HTC One S over the HTC One X?

Thank you.

HTC one S is right size for pocket and it look better in hands compare to HTC one X which seem Bulky like S3. It is also very slim and although its dual cores compare to quad cores of HTC one X but its even more faster if we look at benchmark results(Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset perform better than Nvidia Tegra 3 ) and i also like super amoled display more than LCD

The S3 makes the iPhone look like a kiddie's toy. The pixel density is just amazing.

S3 is monster if we just talk about specification . I think apple should continue to make mobiles with 4 inch screen because 3.5 is not good for surfing web and should also support flash content within web browser if they want to attract me :D

what make me annoying is price of iphone 4 s which is still higher/equal to S3 even though S3 beat iphone in each department (or may be iphone only win in design/build quality )

We have seen leaked images of the next generation iPhone before but those were just of the aluminum back shell.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Today, we have what looks like a completely assembled device placed next to the current iPhone 4S. As before, the device is noticeably longer pointing towards a bigger, widescreen display. We can see edge to edge glass on top and the black aluminum body on the side.

The previous pictures also denoted a two tone back, with plastic/glass on the top and bottom and aluminum in the middle. In these, however, the back seems to be of a single color. The bottom has also been redesigned with a completely new, smaller dock connector, large grilles for the speaker and microphone and a headphone jack, which has been relocated to the bottom.

gsmarena_002.jpg

As is often the case, one should take these with a pinch of salt. Still, these are some fairly convincing images. We'll be seeing more of these as the launch of the next generation iPhone draws closer.

Source

**********​

Below is the latest iPhone 5 concept. The expected release date is in the 4th quarter of 2012. I am assuming that the next iPhone will be released in the early days of October.

iphone-5-concept.jpg

If someone has any news about the next Google Nexus phones, please do post it. Keep in mind that the Google Nexus phones refers to those that use stock Android.

Below is an interesting concept.

iPhone5_bracelet_concept_1.jpg

iPhone 5 Bracelet Looks Out of this World
Thrystan - July 6th, 2012

How do you feel when there’s something resembling a bug or a spider attached to your hand and functioning like a phone? While it may sound creepy at first, this is what Federico Ciccarese proposes for his latest design: some sort of bracelet phone acting as the iPhone 5 of the moment.

Since we have no specifications, allow me to speculate: for starters the metal legs that wrap around your hand shouldn’t heat easily and they should be light, maybe some sort of aluminium. Also, the screen would be flexible and very resilient, probably with a 3 inch diagonal or close to that and HD resolution. Inside there should be a dual core CPU, the A5X, enough for processing data on such a small device. There’s also a Facetime camera on board and a version of iOS 6.0 for smaller screens.

There’s also a phone feature as shown here and the brand new Apple Maps. The maps area has a 3D option and it looks very appealing on this iPhone 5 bracelet concept. From what I’ve seen so far online, this project has many haters. Open your minds people! Simply imagine if this were real how different the approach to normal phones would be. A couple of years ago the Google Glasses could have seemed silly, now everyone is going crazy about them. Why shouldn’t the Apple Bracelet make it big?

iPhone5_bracelet_concept_2.jpg

iPhone5_bracelet_concept_3.jpg

iPhone5_bracelet_concept_4.jpg

iPhone5_bracelet_concept_5.jpg

[via Ciccarese Design]

**********​

Back
Top Bottom