What's new

Slumdog Millionaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain03

Reaction score
y is everyone saying slumdog millionaire is an indian film when its actually a british film? :what:
i mean it didnt even release in india until recently after 2 months releasing officially
only the actors are indian as well as some of the cast but the director, the producer, the distrubter, and most of the cast are british.

I watched the ****. It might have been released in bollywood too as well maybe that is why... but i watched english version. Hollywood version and have no clue bout bollywood so....

So thats 2 hollywood movies based on india or made directed by indians i know. Shoot at sight and this.

y is everyone saying slumdog millionaire is an indian film when its actually a british film? :what:
i mean it didnt even release in india until recently after 2 months releasing officially
only the actors are indian as well as some of the cast but the director, the producer, the distrubter, and most of the cast are british.

Who's calling it an Indian film? All I get here is the BBC and they obviously call it a British film :undecided:. It of course is a British film though. With Indian actors.

Who's calling it an Indian film? All I get here is the BBC and they obviously call it a British film :undecided:. It of course is a British film though. With Indian actors.

U watched it?

Its an excellent movie - and though some Indians are pissed that the film was showed some disgusting stuff, I think overall the movie painted a great portrait of the city.

Its an excellent movie - and though some Indians are pissed that the film was showed some disgusting stuff, I think overall the movie painted a great portrait of the city.

oh i liked the move. its very nice, some of the scenes are awesome. i watched with my pakistani friend and he LOVED it. its made more for western audiences, so desis may feel 'we've seen it before.' Rehman's music rocks.

and they've shown a great picture of mumbai. yes the dark side, but it exists and he's shot it beautifully. as expected, some indians will not like the povery being shown, i'm comfortable with it, as the movie also shows the vitality of mumbai.

going to watch it today... bombay is awesome, extreme juxtaposition is part of the charm!!

Yes.. 99% are Indians and The Indian- AR Rehman evon won the Golden Globe for the best Music.
The Movie is Nominated in 10 categories for Oscars and 3 o them are again for AR Rehman along with Gulzar...

not yet. there's just one movie hall playing it and it's far away. i did watch 'the unborn' though - wasted 1.5 hrs of my life.

Oh yaaa... i heard man... movie sucks... I am hitting scotiabank tommarow. Will watch something useful i guess... or hope... :agree:

It must be the rioting and then the condition of people in slums right? The tough life and the life for the common people? Ahhhh the big guys always hate THAT side of the picture and always want to see the brightest of brightest side of their city.

We did a documentary of slums in Karachi and damn did we get a thrashing...
"Yeh kya bakwas hai"
"Kya chutya movie banayi hai indian ka ghulam ban gaya hai aaj kal"

Lol :lol::lol::lol:

What we want is to improve our country. 100% school enrollment for urban areas. We want it now! :agree:

good movie, maybe indian directors could learn a few pointers from hollywood.

Saw the movie also. Really an uplifting story. For once Muslims in India win!!! :victory::yahoo::yahoo:::tup:

It was written .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom