What's new

Skyroot Aerospace becomes first Indian company to test-fire solid-fueled rocket engine.

In that case Skyroot should have gone in for semi-cryogenic engine like SpaceX did in its very first rocket the Falcon-1 which had ( Kerosene + Liquid Oxygen ) in both stages. SpaceX aimed high and thus got good experience in cryogenics. Such an arrangement would have given much practice to Skyroot and Kerosene is easily available.

Also, the Raman liquid engine tested by Skyroot uses ( UDMH + NTO ) which again will not give beyond-Earth engine building experience which would come from ( LH + LOX ) and ( LM + LOX ).

Of course, other than the semi-cryogenic engine, the rocket structure would have to be cryogenic-proof as well. SpaceX achieved this right with its first rocket.

Skyroot should aim high. After all, it has ex-ISRO scientists as its designers.

I agree that SUPARCO concentrated on military rockets only but to be fair, even ISRO concentrated on satellite launch instead of having a human-in-space program. So both organizations, being almost 60 years old, were never ambitious, but I hope Skyroot, Bellatrix and Agnikul have human-in-space ambition for the 2030s.

Found this on Abdus Samad :

Encouraging. But why do you say he was hounded ?

Space X was a billionaire funded entity. Skyroot founders' net worth will be about yours/ mine if you're from middle class background. It's no different from a Harvard dorm room version of FB. At this stage they won't have the funds to do anything beyond a limited objective.

As for suparco, proof is in the pudding. You haven't succeded, then your leadership has failed as simple as that. If the elephant in the room was Abdus samad being an ahmedi and it was declared an issue, then the DNA of Suparco is flawed from the beginning/

Space X was a billionaire funded entity. Skyroot founders' net worth will be about yours/ mine if you're from middle class background. It's no different from a Harvard dorm room version of FB. At this stage they won't have the funds to do anything beyond a limited objective.

Well, Skyroot has the primary investment backing of Mukesh Bansal who was the co-founder of Myntra and Flipkart. Not only his investment I think his presence can also pull in other funders.

And as per the OP, Skyroot has been able to obtain the partnership of an explosives manufacturer in Nagpur to test their solid engine there and this second company is also an investor in Skyroot.

So the monies I think are not that meager for Skyroot.

As for suparco, proof is in the pudding. You haven't succeded, then your leadership has failed as simple as that. If the elephant in the room was Abdus samad being an ahmedi and it was declared an issue, then the DNA of Suparco is flawed from the beginning/

There is a confusion here. The Ahmedi scientist is not Abdul Samad but Abdus Salam.

Well, Skyroot has the primary investment backing of Mukesh Bansal who was the co-founder of Myntra and Flipkart. Not only his investment I think his presence can also pull in other funders.

And as per the OP, Skyroot has been able to obtain the partnership of an explosives manufacturer in Nagpur to test their solid engine there and this second company is also an investor in Skyroot.

So the monies I think are not that meager for Skyroot.

There is a confusion here. The Ahmedi scientist is not Abdul Samad but Abdus Salam.

I can assure you the moneys are nowhere close to what is needed for a cryo system. Elon musk didn't base his development on a contract with a manufacturer in nagpur.

Sorry- my bad on Abdus Salam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom