What's new

Skyroot Aerospace becomes first Indian company to test-fire solid-fueled rocket engine.

At the end our space industry is flourishing and you have a Lieutenant General as your SUPARCO chief instead of a Scientist. Thats why SUPARCO is busy making Ballistic Missiles.
Now what is we called trolling or not??? can you justify and bring some evidence that you these SRB is your sole INDIGENIOUS DEVELOPMENTS, WITHOUT ANY FOREIGN HELP???

So, as per above news Skyroot has changed the configuration of Vikram-1 because according to this page from the company's website the Vikram-1 was supposed to be entirely solid-fueled.

Also, in my limited understanding of these things, Skyroot should have gone for a Liquid Hydrogen + Liquid Oxygen, or Liquid Methane + Liquid Oxygen engines because these can be obtained on other worlds. Skyroot would have gotten experience of beyond-Earth engine building right from the word go.

To be fair, ISRO scientists got initial training from the West, including France and USA.

I will tag three people here. Maybe they will know.

@ps3linux @Hamartia Antidote @Fawadqasim1
Training is obvious even our Vyomnauts (Astronauts in Americaa and Cosmonauts in Russia) are being trained in Russia. But our space industry is almost fully indigenised thats the reason our PSLV and other launch vehicles cost lesser as most of it is sourced from inside India.
Now what is we called trolling or not??? can you justify and bring some evidence that you these SRB is your sole INDIGENIOUS DEVELOPMENTS, WITHOUT ANY FOREIGN HELP???
Can you bring any evidence that west helped us? Do you know that Skyroot is a private company and if they don’t give due credit to other company for any help or such they will be sued by the “western company”. They are Ex-ISRO scientists and for them making a rocket engine is no big deal as their life has been revoloving around these only. They have full support of ISRO also.

Training is obvious even our Vyomnauts (Astronauts in Americaa and Cosmonauts in Russia) are being trained in Russia. But our space industry is almost fully indigenised thats the reason our PSLV and other launch vehicles cost lesser as most of it is sourced from inside India.

Can you bring any evidence that west helped us? Do you know that Skyroot is a private company and if they don’t give due credit to other company for any help or such they will be sued by the “western company”. They are Ex-ISRO scientists and for them making a rocket engine is no big deal as their life has been revoloving around these only. They have full support of ISRO also.
ok

Training is obvious even our Vyomnauts (Astronauts in Americaa and Cosmonauts in Russia) are being trained in Russia.

I am talking about the training of scientists. Even APJ Abdul Kalam was trained at NASA. Nothing wrong. Even the USSR had in-space collaboration with USA.

But our space industry is almost fully indigenised thats the reason our PSLV and other launch vehicles cost lesser as most of it is sourced from inside India.

You may be right about PSLV but below article is about a failed GSLV in 2011 :
Chennai: The 10 connectors that snapped prematurely destroying the Indian rocket - Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) – on December 25 were imported from Germany, an Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) official said on Wednesday.

Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the Space Summit session at the 98th Indian Science Congress, TK Alex, director of the ISRO Satellite Centre, said: "The connectors are German made."

On Christmas day, a GSLV rocket weighing 418 tonnes and costing Rs 175 crore (USD 38 million) and carrying an advanced communication satellite GSAT-5P veered off its flight path and disintegrated within a minute after lift off from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.

According to ISRO officials, commands from the rocket`s on-board computers - located atop other equipments including the three stages/engines - are relayed through wires.

"As the three stages would separate after their work one after another, it is impossible to have long wires connecting the computers at the top and the stages located below. Hence, we have connectors, sort of plugs and sockets, to relay the commands and peel off smoothly when the stages separate," an ISRO official said.

According to ISRO, 10 connectors located below the Russian made cryogenic engine snapped leading to the rocket`s failure.

Asked if it was a failure of the connectors, Alex said: "A committee has been set up to study the reasons for the connectors to snap. Even the back-up connectors snapped."

In July last year, an ISRO official said the failure of imported component for power systems was the reason for its satellites failing.

ISRO has lost two of its satellites - Chandrayaan in 2009 and INSAT-2D in 1997 - and INSAT-4B partially due to glitches in power supply systems.

ISRO, which is trying to get a foothold in the global communication satellite building market, suffered a setback as the W2M satellite built along with EADS Astrium for Eutelsat Communcations failed last year.

The Indian space agency imports the solar cells to make the solar panels that supply power to the satellite.

IANS
This article and event are ten years old. They speak of three imported items : the connectors, the cryogenic engine and solar panels. Maybe these items are now locally made.

But yes, you are correct in the sense that Indian human and material costs are lower in the space industry than in the West.

Last edited:
lol I dont get it??? Solid fuel rocket tech is already matured in India. Why did it take this company 10 years to test this small engine??? ISRO needs to transfer tech to all these companies.

I am talking about the training of scientists. Even APJ Abdul Kalam was trained at NASA. Nothing wrong. Even the USSR had in-space collaboration with USA.

You may be right about PSLV but below article is about a failed GSLV in 2011 :

This article and event are ten years old. They speak of three imported items : the connectors, the cryogenic engine and solar panels. Maybe these items are now locally made.

But yes, you are correct in the sense that Indian human and material costs are lower in the space industry than in the West.
Yes, Uncle Sam had imposed sanctions on us so that Russia is unable to provide us Cryogenic engine and our scientists developed it indigenously.
lol I dont get it??? Solid fuel rocket tech is already matured in India. Why did it take this company 10 years to test this small engine??? ISRO needs to transfer tech to all these companies.
This company did it in a few months as far as I know. The company wasn’t developing it for 10 years, thats too much exaggeration. I doubt if Skyroot even existed 10 years ago in 2010.

Well atleast we had a project to make in-house fighter aircrafts unlike you guys who just had to paint chinese aircraft into green like you did with your missiles. Now please stop derailing this thread.

Yeah yeah we are not claiming that our JFT project is 100% Indigenous project, do you know what is the Meaning of JF???? and you missile are based on Russian and Soviet tech, now don't troll that much, when you troll more you expose more that you're retard and stupid, and you're derailing your own thread not me:sick:;):enjoy:

Yeah yeah we are not claiming that our JFT project is 100% Indigenous project, do you know what is the Meaning of JF???? and you missile are based on Russian and Soviet tech, now don't troll that much, when you troll more you expose more that you're retard and stupid, and you're derailing your own thread not me:sick:;):enjoy:
Please expose which of our missiles are similar to Soviet or Russian mijjiles? JF means joint fighter made by 🇵🇰 and 🇨🇳 yet the engine and 23mm cannon is Russian and avionics is Italian and nothing is Pakistani.

Please expose which of our missiles are similar to Soviet or Russian mijjiles? JF means joint fighter made by 🇵🇰 and 🇨🇳 yet the engine and 23mm cannon is Russian and avionics is Italian and nothing is Pakistani.
58 % fuselage manufactured by Pakistan (nosecone/wings/horizontal and vertical tails)l, I mean technologies given by Russia, and tell me which Pakistani missile are the copy of Chinese missiles, and for your information JFT has no Italian avionics but Chinese avionics

58 % fuselage manufactured by Pakistan (nosecone/wings/horizontal and vertical tails)l, I mean technologies given by Russia, and tell me which Pakistani missile are the copy of Chinese missiles, and for your information JFT has no Italian avionics but Chinese avionics
That is not indigenous just tech transfer of Chinese technology, anything 100% indigenously developed in JFT? I gave the article by a German Scholar it has details.

That is not indigenous just tech transfer of Chinese technology, anything 100% indigenously developed in JFT? I gave the article by a German Scholar it has details.
No unfortunately but we are working on it especially in avionics fields, for what you gave a article by german Scholar, and do you have anything INDEGENOUS on your MAHAN/VEDIC Tej@$$

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom