What's new

Sky is the limit in India-Japan relationship: Shinzo Abe's advisor

It's very interesting how nationalistic south Asians can get! And I thought Koreans were spicy... Guess I was wrong ... Lol :lol:

Some smaller countries just suffer from a really false sense of insecurity and desperately try to gain the political upper ground by pretending to be the 'small victim of bigger bully'.

Oh and it is nationalism less, religion-induced hatred more. Bhutan and Nepal are friendly because of similar cultures (despite common border issues which is solved through dialogue and mutual confidence building measures), Sri Lanka is indifferent and is slowly becoming friendlier after new government came into power, Myanmar has absolutely zero problems with us and even Afghanistan is immensely friendly.

Just Pakistan and their moles in Bangladeshi opposition politics have issues with us.

Not so fast. Beware of the "moral fits" Japan gets at times. Last time when we exploded nukes.

That was under Koizumi who couldn't get enough of US appeasement. Mr.Abe seems more confident of Japan and more independent to worry about us testing our weapons.

Heck! He'd actually be mighty pleased if we increase our military power. It only helps Japan in long run. :D

That was under Koizumi who couldn't get enough of US appeasement. Mr.Abe seems more confident of Japan and more independent to worry about us testing our weapons.

Heck! He'd actually be mighty pleased if we increase our military power. It only helps Japan in long run. :D

We must invite Japanese money into our infra and manufacturing sectors. Japan is still a puppet state of the US, hence I don't see any scope for strategic alliance in next 20-25 years, the relation will remain transactional. Joining hands on issues of mutual interest (read China) from time to time is a different issue altogether.

I have told you Indians many times that the Chinese will never allow India to control the Indian Ocean.

Those aircraft carriers, destroyers and SSNs that they are building now will not just be for the Pacific. A proportion of their Navy will have a regular presence in Indian Ocean and they would be very welcome in Pakistan, BD and Sri Lanka.

Stop your wet dreams - you are incapable of controlling the Indian ocean when you have no ability to build your own ships and submarines even.

Well...the problem for China to enter India's part of the world is a lack of approach point. Malacca strait is suicidal if China is picking a confronatation with India. A real long way around will never be easy.

We must invite Japanese money into our infra and manufacturing sectors. Japan is still a puppet state of the US, hence I don't see any scope for strategic alliance in next 20-25 years, the relation will remain transactional. Joining hands on issues of mutual interest (read China) from time to time is a different issue altogether.

Get the Japanese to invest. Get good financial terms- low interest etc. Japan has enormous anount of money that needs deployment, India should, as you suggest, utilise it to the fullest. Pretty much, the sky alone must be the limit & probably not even that. Get as much access to Japanese technologies as the are willing to offer (expensive but top rate stuff) and get the Japanese to offer long term finance on low rates. This is a country that India must get very close to.

btw, don't worry about the US, it too is a very important partner. Just understand that they have their interests & that we should use them as much as they use us

Last edited:
Well...the problem for China to enter India's part of the world is a lack of approach point. Malacca strait is suicidal if China is picking a confronatation with India. A real long way around will never be easy.

Swing in between the large Indonesian Islands and then south to just north of Australia and then into the Indian Ocean. Maybe an extra 1-1.5K miles each way but not that much of a big deal for a CBG that has tanker support. China would just add a tanker to their CBG group.

Anyway I am not even talking about any "confrontation", just saying that in latter 2020s China will have enough resources to spare a CBG to venture into the Indian Ocean on a regular basis. This will mean that India will have no chance to "dominate" the Indian Ocean.

Let us not even talk about the fact that Chinese SSNs are way more advanced than anything India could develop and I do not see Russia providing you their most advanced SSNs to have a chance to compete with China.

Indians should not forget that their major handicap in trying to dominate the Indian Ocean is their completely lack of experience in SSN technology. Chinese may not be the best yet but they are current trialling their 3rd generation of SSN technology in the Type-095.

I have told you Indians many times that the Chinese will never allow India to control the Indian Ocean.

Go cheerlead them now.

Those aircraft carriers, destroyers and SSNs that they are building now will not just be for the Pacific. A proportion of their Navy will have a regular presence in Indian Ocean and they would be very welcome in Pakistan, BD and Sri Lanka.

Well we also go to Vietnam on portcalls. All the navies travel through Indian Ocean for years and no problem has happened. Chinese are no different.

In fact, PLAN has already had a task force to jointly counter piracy in the Gulf of Aden region along with our navy as well as Europeans.

Stop your wet dreams - you are incapable of controlling the Indian ocean when you have no ability to build your own ships and submarines even.

upload_2014-6-28_14-47-7.jpeg

IN is building 100 large and medium ships at this moment jamaati, so against yr wet dream - the IN is growing even more formidable. You need to check out the giant base on Karwar coast or the upcoming one's on Andhra coast - even BOB is firmly in our grip.

We will leave the chinese to fight it out with 10 navies atm in the South and East seas.

Swing in between the large Indonesian Islands and then south to just north of Australia and then into the Indian Ocean. Maybe an extra 1-1.5K miles each way but not that much of a big deal for a CBG that has tanker support. China would just add a tanker to their CBG group.

Anyway I am not even talking about any "confrontation", just saying that in latter 2020s China will have enough resources to spare a CBG to venture into the Indian Ocean on a regular basis. This will mean that India will have no chance to "dominate" the Indian Ocean.

Let us not even talk about the fact that Chinese SSNs are way more advanced than anything India could develop and I do not see Russia providing you their most advanced SSNs to have a chance to compete with China.

Indians should not forget that their major handicap in trying to dominate the Indian Ocean is their completely lack of experience in SSN technology. Chinese may not be the best yet but they are current trialling their 3rd generation of SSN technology in the Type-095.

Swinging around like that will both be expensive & will give plenty of time for India to do whatever is necessary. A CBG would be dealing with atleast 2 CBG's from India & far more close additional air support than the Chinese can muster. The Andaman islands pretty much ensure that Chinese CBG's in the Indian Ocean are never going to have an easy time. We will wait & see what happens in the late 2020's.Too hypothetical at this point.

IN is building 100 large and medium ships at this moment jamaati, so against yr wet dream - the IN is growing even more formidable. You need to check out the giant base on Karwar coast or the upcoming one's on Andhra coast - even BOB is firmly in our grip.

We will leave the chinese to fight it out with 10 navies atm in the South and East seas.

Genius, would you like to tell us about the SSN that India is currently constructing?

India needs many large aircraft carriers and SSNs to have any chance of controlling Indian Ocean. As far as I am aware India will only construct a medium-to-large aircraft carrier of 65-70,000 tonnes next decade and the rest will be only 40,000 tonne.

Jamaati?:rofl:

I am not even religious and believe in a strictly secular society where both the religious and non-religious people are allowed to live their lives without harassment.

It is funny that Indians have this "Jamaati" slur against any BD'shi that wants an independent BD and a balance of power to make sure that no country can control the Indian Ocean

Swinging around like that will both be expensive & will give plenty of time for India to do whatever is necessary. A CBG would be dealing with atleast 2 CBG's from India & far more close additional air support than the Chinese can muster. The Andaman islands pretty much ensure that Chinese CBG's in the Indian Ocean are never going to have an easy time. We will wait & see what happens in the late 2020's.Too hypothetical at this point.

Two Indian CBGs will only carry as much aircraft as one Chinese CBG - China will build much larger CBGs than Indian can afford and is planning to. Past 2030, we cannot speculate as that is too far into the future.

Again, where is the Indian SSN that would be required? A CBG needs SSNs to both protect it and attack the enemy ships. India has zero experience of SSNs as of now and unless Russia gives it to you, you are stuffed!

UK Bengali.

More Chinese than the Chinese themselves. Again!

It is funny seeing Indian wet-dreaming about controlling Indian Ocean when they have zero experience in SSN technology yet

:rofl:

Two Indian CBGs will only carry as much aircraft as one Chinese CBG - China will build much larger CBGs than Indian can afford and is planning to. Past 2030, we cannot speculate as that is too far into the future.

Again, where is the Indian SSN that would be required? A CBG needs SSNs to both protect it and attack the enemy ships. India has zero experience of SSNs as of now and unless Russia gives it to you, you are stuffed!

Well by your own logic, the two Indian CBG's will cancel out the Chinese one & we will still have the equivalent of a half a dozen CBG's worth of aircrafts in the Andaman Islands. There is no easy way out here. The Russians will give, the Chinese will be dealing with a large number of P8I's, it certainly will be no cake walk. The Chinese know that, geography does not favour them here.

The United States has served as a link to allow Japan and India to work with each other. Should and could Japan and India hold bilateral military exercises? I think both should and could. Both of our revered nations depend on our exports and imports, and the merchant fleet is vital to this, the lifeblood of our nations' operations. So it is only natural that the Indian Navy and the JMSDF have a robust relationship in command and control of sea lanes.
i totally agree with you Nihonjin San

may god bless Indo - Japan Friendship and take them to the desired levels as acspected by both indian and japnese publik :)

It is funny seeing Indian wet-dreaming about controlling Indian Ocean when they have zero experience in SSN technology yet

:rofl:
he he he he so now a country like bangladesh will tell india how to develop its armed forces
nana.jpg

Well by your own logic, the two Indian CBG's will cancel out the Chinese one & we will still have the equivalent of a half a dozen CBG's worth of aircrafts in the Andaman Islands. There is no easy way out here. The Russians will give, the Chinese will be dealing with a large number of P8I's, it certainly will be no cake walk. The Chinese know that, geography does not favour them here.

Exactly my point - China can bring as much fire-power into the IOR by using one CBG as a major proportion of the Indian Navy and so India will not be able to "dominate" the IOR.

Maybe, just maybe in 3-4 decades from now, India may be able to dominate the Indian Ocean but up to 2030, it is simply not possible due to India's financial and technological constraints. A lot of Indian posters do not want to understand the limitations that India will have for next couple of decades at least

Lastly, Russia will never give the latest SSNs to India, maybe one notch down. China is rapidly progressing in SSN technology and I do not think by the next decade that will be good enough to match China's latest SSNs.

Exactly my point - China can bring as much fire-power into the IOR by using one CBG as a major proportion of the Indian Navy and so India will not be able to "dominate" the IOR.

Maybe, just maybe in 3-4 decades from now, India may be able to dominate the Indian Ocean but up to 2030, it is simply not possible due to India's financial and technological constraints. A lot of Indian posters do not want to understand the limitations that India will have for next couple of decades at least

Lastly, Russia will never give the latest SSNs to India, maybe one notch down. China is rapidly progressing in SSN technology and I do not think by the next decade that will be good enough to match China's latest SSNs.

Nope, wrong point. India cannot be pressurised by Chinese firepower when the bases in Andaman pretty much allows India unlimited firepower. No CBG of China will ever match that. India can bring in plenty of firepower on to those bases from the mainland, nothing stopping us. India will always dominate the IOR, geography pretty much guarantees that.

1. to sucsessfully control IOR as you call itchinese first have to neutralise Indian navy and i guess you have no idea what your talking about but every one has a right to dream so you can dream too ;)

2.well as of now india controls IOR cause we have at least 2 working CBG and there is nothing in this regon that can counter it as for the "training ship" what chinese have well i guess you dont have any idea about indian navy and its previous record about training and using AC's in naval warfare i guess you need to learn some history for starting try to read the role of sole indian air craft acrrier in libration of bangladesh ;)

3.well russians have already leased there Akula II & charlie calss neuklear subs to india in the past and india has already build its first neuk sub while 2 more are in works so dont worry about us and as for the china and to control its devine SSNs well do you have any idea about indian Anty Sub Warfareaircrafts and surface ships

or is it that you bieng too anty india have siezed to weigh indian navy before writting your "shiekh chilli ki kahaniaya"

Back
Top Bottom