Skills to rule: East Asia's dominance in 43rd WorldSkills Competition in Brazil

The first gold of Hangzhou!
Mayor of Hangzhou City visited Hangzhou's vocational school
and WorldSkills contestants on Teachers' Day
201598_1441715250574.jpg
201598_1441715278848.jpg
201598_1441715257279.jpg
201598_1441715264553.jpg

U can always find good skilled workers in any country, but the percentage of skilled workers in China is not high.
Skilled workers only account for 19% of all labour force, and high-end skilled workers less than 5%(38 million).
1.5:1, skilled workers needed!

The problem is similar to India, they are not well respected.
Vocational education is considered a student's last choice.
China has nearly 3000 vocational schools(2013), 74.5% of students come from countryside.
Generally a student of bad academic record or coming from poor family tends to receive vocational education.
(students from countryside or poor urban family have access to free secondary vocational education)
The whole educational system should be redesigned.
The whole biased attitude should be further changed.

世界技能大赛夺冠喜悦之后的淡淡忧伤|技能|世界|大赛_新浪新闻
Light sadness after winning gold medals in WorldSkills Competition

人社部提供的一组数字表明,2013年我国劳动年龄人口将近9.2亿,预计到2030年之前,劳动力规模都保持在8亿人以上。随着经济发展方式转变、产业结构调整、技术革新步伐加快,劳动力供求不匹配的结构性矛盾越来越突出,“就业难”与“招工难”并存的现象愈加突显。我国技能劳动者总量严重不足,仅占就业人员的19%,高技能人才数量还不足5%,技能劳动者的求人倍率一直在1.5:1以上,高级技工的求人倍率甚至达到2:1以上。技工紧缺现象逐步从东部沿海扩散至中西部地区,从季节性演变为经常性。

Especially aunties.:(

Let's see this announcement of pension increase in my colony where a bunch of university teachers and university workers live. (workers working in school-run factories or for campus logistics)

From October of 2014, according to Hubei Province's Department of Human Resources & Social Security
Pension of a professor increases by 700yuan per month, vice professor by 460yuan.
Pension of technicians increases by 350yuan per month, other workers 260yuan.

View attachment 255291

I agree with you people in South Asia have this problem people think that they are to good to go for such menial(their words not mine) vocational training courses & only lower middle class & poor people should apply for such courses.The advent of Mr MODIS govt has changed everything a year ago no one talked about skills or skilled labor & thier importance for India to become developed now everybody is talking about them.anyways I am digressing
Congrats to all participating countries :cheers:

Chinese young workers
won gold medal in the most important discipline of WordSkills
Manufacturing Team Challenge

1441835005493.jpg

This gold medal is of the same importance as our first gold in Olympics, Xu Haifeng's first shoot in 1984. British media said, Chinese contestants' brilliant performance showed the rise of China as a manufacturing power.

“这和奥运会上许海峰射下‘第一金’意义几乎一样。”

——世界技能大赛中国代表团团长、人社部职业能力建设司司长张立新

玉海龙领衔的三人团队战胜了包括日本队等来自制造强国的对手,实现中国在世界技能大赛上的历史性突破。

英国媒体说:“中国选手的精彩表现预示着中国作为制造强国的崛起。”

2015年8月16日,在巴西圣保罗,三名年轻的中国技工,在第43届世界技能大赛上吸引了全球的目光——他们在大赛制造团队挑战赛中战胜了包括日本队等来自制造强国的对手夺得金牌。这是中国在世界技能大赛上首次夺金,实现历史性突破。中国工匠,也第一次向世界展现了自己的不俗实力。
  25岁的中航工业成都飞机工业集团有限责任公司设计员玉海龙,正是这三人团队的队长。比赛过程中,他主要负责叉车方案设计、叉车三维图和二维图的绘制、电路编程以及电路焊接与调试。
  世界技能大赛中国代表团团长、人社部职业能力建设司司长张立新这样评价这枚金牌的意义:“这和奥运会上许海峰射下‘第一金’意义几乎一样。”

“技能奥林匹克”

他的项目
  含金量最高、难度最大

在国际上,世界技能大赛大名鼎鼎,有“技能奥林匹克”之称,每两年举办一次。在制造业强国,摘得世界技能大赛金牌的“蓝领冠军”,所受关注及影响力一点不比奥运明星差。
  我国是“制造业第一大国”,此前两次参赛,中国共收获2银3铜和18个优胜奖。此次参赛,中国代表团在制造团队、焊接、汽车喷漆、数控铣、美发5个项目中获得金牌。其中,玉海龙领衔的制造团队挑战赛项目金牌堪称世赛产生的50块金牌中含金量最高、难度最大的一枚,共有12个国家36名选手参赛。
  关于制造团队挑战赛,世界技能大赛官方是这样定义的:制造团队挑战赛是世界技能大赛中唯一一个三人项目。参赛者竞赛时年龄不得超过25岁,该项比赛涉及设计、加工制造和装配调试三个技术领域,要求选手具备并掌握设计、制图、加工、钣金、电子工程、装配等多项知识和技术。各参赛组提前一年收到项目说明书,在一年内设计参赛组件,并在竞赛时制造出该组件;竞赛开始时,参赛组还会接到现场设定任务。
  “制造团队挑战赛更像是一个工业创业,就好像一些技术工人各有所长,在工作之余他们在一个小型工厂里设计着自己感兴趣的工业品。”制造团队挑战赛专家介绍说。
  世界技能大赛中国代表团团长、人社部职业能力建设司司长张立新在赛后这样评价这枚金牌的意义:“这代表着我们在顶尖的技术领域占有了一席之地,在顶尖技术人才培养上在和世界路径接轨,这和奥运会上许海峰射下‘第一金’意义几乎一样。”

冷静处理意外

赶超对手
  提前7.5小时完成任务

在4天8个模块的比赛中,玉海龙和他的队友林春泷、钟世雄经历了一个个意想不到的挑战。但面对突发情况,他们沉着应对、冷静处理,以近乎完美的工艺完成了比赛。
  “在加工过程中,随时可能出现意外,比如叉车的叉子宽了1厘米就容易卡住等,但最大的挑战还是在临时公布的题目上!”玉海龙昨日对成都商报记者介绍,比赛共比拼两大项目。第一项是制造一个“电动叉车”。这个题目在2014年6月就已经确定。
  “电动叉车”的设计要考察性能、加工成本、制作速度和零部件加工精度等。玉海龙说,他们设计的电动叉车要求能够提升50公斤的重物,并从一个地方移动到10米外另一个地方。比赛的前三天,从每天早上9点到下午5点,参赛队员可以随意选择制作时间,但比赛一共只有21个小时,第四天要进行性能测试。为了尽可能减少误差,电动叉车的参赛方案前后经过了30多次的修改完善。
  “钢丝绳断了!”尽管此前做了反复演练,电动叉车在制作过程中,还是出现了意外。玉海龙说,由于当时的牵引速度稍微有点快,叉子卡住,钢丝绳就被拉断了。
  “我们早前做过各种突发情况的预案。”玉海龙说,他们团队又把叉子打磨了一下,让叉子移动更顺畅,并重新换上了一根预先准备好的钢丝绳。重新装配花了不少时间,他们比别的队落后了。“当时挺紧张,但我们很快稳住了节奏,逐渐赶上并超过了对手。”
  在第四天的叉车性能测试中,玉海龙担任操作手。测试前,他深吸了口气,让紧张的心情平静下来。操作时,他每个动作都准确有力,最终顺利完成测试。
  在第二环节的临时题目中,他们要加工一个电动小汽车,主要考察电路的焊接和零部件的加工精度。“加工精度的测评是难度最大的,这对传统强国韩国和东道主巴西都是很大的挑战。”玉海龙说,这次的加工精度考核共30分,他们得了25分,仅比最高分少了1分。
  由于玉海龙团队准备充分,时间安排合理,最终他们一共用了13个半小时,提前七个半小时完成了全部比赛项目,顺利拿下金牌!

“大国工匠”
  因热爱入行
  实现为国而战的梦想

中国的产业转型升级,需要更多年轻人投身技能领域。但现实中的待遇和社会地位差距,会让很多年轻人感到彷徨。但玉海龙却恰恰是因为热爱,在大学毕业后毅然成为了一名技术工人。
  还差几天才满25岁的玉海龙,长着一张帅气的面孔。他的履历表甚是简单——1990年9月出生,籍贯广西,2013年7月由哈尔滨工业大学毕业进入成飞工作,现任中航工业成都飞机工业集团有限责任公司装配工装设计员。
  但25岁的他,已是不折不扣的“大国工匠”。
  去年7月3-8日,他参加在河南洛阳举行的2014年中国技能大赛/第43届世界技能大赛团队挑战赛全国选拔赛,作为四川省代表队产品设计方向唯一代表,荣获产品设计专业第2名,入围国家集训队。随后,在第43届世界技能大赛全国挑战赛总决赛中,又以97.16分(领先对手8分)的绝对优势荣获全国总决赛冠军。
  夺金并非一日之功。从理论基础到专业技术再到实际操作,从一个个焊点到一组组结构,玉海龙凭着热爱,咬着牙告诉自己要坚持,不能放弃,与队友最终走上了最高领奖台。在世界技能大赛闭幕式上,他披着中国国旗领取了金牌,激动得泪流满面,“我终于实现了为国而战的梦想!”
  玉海龙说,他很喜欢打羽毛球,也特别崇拜林丹。每次看到林丹代表国家站在领奖台上,他就会热血沸腾。他也特别希望,有机会能为国家争得一份荣誉。“这次获得金牌,实在太激动也太意外了!没想到这么快就实现了自己的梦想!”
  同时,他也感到无比的荣耀与自豪。玉海龙说,这次比赛说明,我国技术人员的素质完全可以跟具有世界先进水平的韩国、日本等国家抗衡。只要努力训练,中国技术工人完全可以超越他们。
  中国参赛选手在赛场上的表现不仅得到了国际专家、教练的关注和赞许,在大赛组委会公布中国夺得制造团队项目冠军的消息后,西方媒体纷纷发声,来自英国的一家新闻媒体说:“中国追赶世界制造强国的速度,已经让西方制造业强国感觉到了压力,中国选手的精彩表现正预示着中国制造强国的崛起。

成都多项措施
  大力培养高级技能人才

上届世界技能大赛,中国代表团获1银、3铜和13个优胜奖,其中唯一的银奖得主,是四川国际标榜职业学院人物形象设计专业的成都女生胡已雪。连续两届,成都的技能人才都在国际大赛上风采无限,这离不开成都对高级技能人才培养的种种举措。
  据了解,2013年起,成都市启动实施高技能人才培训基地建设,申报合格的市级高技能人才培训基地,可获得100万元一次性补助。此外,成都市还积极建设技能大师工作室,每年补助10万元。截至目前,市级的高技能人才培训基地已有10个,技能大师工作室19个。
  市人社局还号召企业组织在岗职工参加技能提升培训,并专门建立了补贴机制。
  上个月,四川省开展企业新型学徒制试点工作,推行“招工即招生、入企即入校、企校双师联合培养”的新型模式,上周,成都已有3家企业提出试点申请。

766D222F60708CE6B6CF0684D6023903.jpg

Apart from national awards(200k),
Chengdu City to award 200k yuan($31k),
Sichuan Province to award 200k yuan

成都将重奖玉海龙20万元

2014年5月-8月,成都市人社局承办了2014中国技能大赛第43届世界技能大赛四川赛区21个项目选拔赛工作,其中成都市取得19个比赛项目的第一名,汽车技术、服装设计、网页设计、机电一体化、制造团队5个项目进入国家集训队,参加世界技能大赛。据了解,国家决定重奖本次世界技能大赛获奖选手:金牌获得者20万元,而四川省、成都市,也将各给予玉海龙20万重奖。成都晚报记者 汪兰

Simon Bartley, president of WorldSkills International, says their showing is a testament to China's vocational education.

"I think if that continues, then the Chinese economy will grow at an even greater pace thanit is at the moment. And, actually the young people of China will be able to satisfy their dreams."

Tang Tao, vice-Minister of Human Resources and Social Security, says China'sparticipation in the WorldSkills competition should help continue the development of vocational training in China.

"Participating in such an event can not only help improve the skills of technicians but also increase their competitive awareness. We are considering creating our own domestic skillscompetitions to meet the growing demands from our fast developing economy and society."

I agree with you people in South Asia have this problem people think that they are to good to go for such menial(their words not mine) vocational training courses & only lower middle class & poor people should apply for such courses.The advent of Mr MODIS govt has changed everything a year ago no one talked about skills or skilled labor & thier importance for India to become developed now everybody is talking about them.anyways I am digressing
Skilled India plan?

So it should be。

Perhaps we should send more boys and girls next time。:D
Next in 2017
屏幕快照 2015-09-10 23.23.40.png

That has more to do with pay if you get paid less then no one wants to work as a skilled labor plus there's that mentality issue as you mentioned . I'm seriously tired of seeing a MBA and an Engineer in every fking house. I have no idea Y Congress was so adamant about being a tertiary sector giant and not growing our industry hope BJP is different.

Congrats to all participating countries. Good to see China at top 3 good luck for 2017.:tup:

That has more to do with pay if you get paid less then no one wants to work as a skilled labor plus there's that mentality issue as you mentioned . I'm seriously tired of seeing a MBA and an Engineer in every fking house. I have no idea Y Congress was so adamant about being a tertiary sector giant and not growing our industry hope BJP is different.

Congrats to all participating countries. Good to see China at top 3 good luck for 2017.:tup:

By gods grace will will improve our tally next year in Abu dhabin

What's their score?

images

Despite that we are doing pretty well
Their score?

That has more to do with pay if you get paid less then no one wants to work as a skilled labor plus there's that mentality issue as you mentioned . I'm seriously tired of seeing a MBA and an Engineer in every fking house.
A masonry in China can earn at least 300-500yuan per day(RS3100-5200), however, few young people prefer this job.
I think it's not just about money, also about social status and social security.
Yes, too many MBA.

Last edited:

Damn, Canada need to step up its game. Btw, was US in the competition?

See how young they are!
Passionate skilled workers, they are the backbones of Made in China 2025

(most disciplines require contestants younger than 22-year-old)

View attachment 255219 View attachment 255221 View attachment 255222 View attachment 255223 View attachment 255224 View attachment 255225 View attachment 255227

OMG that girl in first pic look 90% resemble a friend of mine. Except my friend is a high level executive

:o:

Damn, Canada need to step up its game. Btw, was US in the competition?
Probably not.
I'm not sure.
But when we look for good examples of high-quality technical workers, we usually refer to Germany and Japan.

Skills = money and future
Don't laugh at workers!
They earn more than you university graduates!

Chinese central government to award
200k yuan to gold medalists
120k yuan to silver
80k yuan to bronze
30k yuan to excellent participants

金牌获得者每人20万元,银牌获得者每人12万元,铜牌获得者每人8万元,优胜奖获得者每人3万元,我国决定重奖在第43届世界技能大赛中取得优异成绩的选手。
国家重奖世界技能大赛金牌获得者20万_大粤网_腾讯网

CPC general secretary of Yancheng city welcomed local contestants back
View attachment 255232
View attachment 255235

Nothing to laugh at, this is normal in Canada. A skilled trade worker makes a shit load of money. A friend's brother who is 20 years old make more than 70,000/year in trade work! Whereas new university grad coming out start around 40k/year assuming they can find a job

An office servant is always less paid than skilled workers.
But the altitude should be changed soon, the altitude that working as an office servant is more "superior" than working in factory.

I agree, the attitude has to be changed. Most male don't have such prejudice, some female may have the wrong attitude

Agreed. Let me share a story with you. My friend is a master electrician. He was dating this mainland Chinese girl and at first she was disappointed that he was not working in a bank or a manager in corporate. But later on she realize how much he make as a trades worker, she was shocked. Now some of her male friends have changed career from office professional to trade work :tup:

OMG that girl in first pic look 90% resemble a friend of mine. Except my friend is a high level executive
In China, she will have better future than executive.
This girl was prized thousands of dollars after coming back to China from Brazil, from vocational school, district government, city government, province government and central government....
and secured an excellent chief technician job which is of the same level as professors (in China, a senior professional title includes professor, chief doctor, chief nurse, chief......; they are in the same bracket of retirement benefits)
http://baike.baidu.com/link?url=PW4...Nfl5jf8ZrgPlgro5ylymfXCajXTbhRxSDZW7nYJgwXb1a
屏幕快照 2016-08-04 23.07.40.png

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom