What's new

Skills to rule: East Asia's dominance in 43rd WorldSkills Competition in Brazil

Don't laugh at 南翔 or 新东方!? lol
You know a skilled worker earns more salary than an office servant.
An office servant is always less paid than skilled workers.
But the altitude should be changed soon, the altitude that working as an office servant is more "superior" than working in factory.

Last edited:
An office servant is always less paid than skilled workers.
But the altitude should be changed soon, the altitude that working as an office servant is more "superior" than working in factory.

I agree, the attitude has to be changed. Most male don't have such prejudice, some female may have the wrong attitude.

But still you have excellent expertise in many skills :china:
U can always find good skilled workers in any country, but the percentage of skilled workers in China is not high.
Skilled workers only account for 19% of all labour force, and high-end skilled workers less than 5%(38 million).
1.5:1, skilled workers needed!

The problem is similar to India, they are not well respected.
Vocational education is considered a student's last choice.
China has nearly 3000 vocational schools(2013), 74.5% of students come from countryside.
Generally a student of bad academic record or coming from poor family tends to receive vocational education.
(students from countryside or poor urban family have access to free secondary vocational education)
The whole educational system should be redesigned.
The whole biased attitude should be further changed.

世界技能大赛夺冠喜悦之后的淡淡忧伤|技能|世界|大赛_新浪新闻
Light sadness after winning gold medals in WorldSkills Competition

人社部提供的一组数字表明,2013年我国劳动年龄人口将近9.2亿,预计到2030年之前,劳动力规模都保持在8亿人以上。随着经济发展方式转变、产业结构调整、技术革新步伐加快,劳动力供求不匹配的结构性矛盾越来越突出,“就业难”与“招工难”并存的现象愈加突显。我国技能劳动者总量严重不足,仅占就业人员的19%,高技能人才数量还不足5%,技能劳动者的求人倍率一直在1.5:1以上,高级技工的求人倍率甚至达到2:1以上。技工紧缺现象逐步从东部沿海扩散至中西部地区,从季节性演变为经常性。

I agree, the attitude has to be changed. Most male don't have such prejudice, some female may have the wrong attitude.
Especially aunties.:(

Let's see this announcement of pension increase in my colony where a bunch of university teachers and university workers live. (workers working in school-run factories or for campus logistics)

From October of 2014, according to Hubei Province's Department of Human Resources & Social Security
Pension of a professor increases by 700yuan per month, vice professor by 460yuan.
Pension of technicians increases by 350yuan per month, other workers 260yuan.

屏幕快照 2015-09-10 22.33.43.png

Last edited:
@AndrewJin

Great thread! For industrialization, and civil construction (infrastructure, urbanization), vocational skills are critical. Hope the Mainland can catch up with East Asian fellows, continue to expand/improve vocational training, and make China a country of skillful craftsmen.

@TaiShang Congrats to TW bros!
@Chinese-Dragon HK is financial hub so no hard feeling about this competition bro!

Great thread! For industrialization, and civil construction (infrastructure, urbanization), vocational skills are critical. Hope the Mainland can catch up with East Asian fellows, continue to expand/improve vocational training, and make China a country of skillful craftsmen.
Yes, the percentage of skilled workers in mainland China is too low.
It is on the rise, but should be faster.

Next, 2017!
Any contestant can only participate in one discipline of one competition for his/her entire life. Hence, the results show continuity of skills of a nation.
屏幕快照 2015-09-10 23.26.36.png

Only one bronze for Malaysia.
Because Malaysia is a dumbed down society, especially the majority.

Thanks facking god that the Chinese in Malaysia are staying as pure as possible or else their IQ will be dumbed down too. Malaysia is the only country in the world outside of "Chinese territories" that has Chinese school from kindergarten to high school.

The minority Blacks in US have higher IQ than those Blacks in Africa because the white society raises the Black American's IQ, thanks to the white folks.

In contrast, the lower IQ ethnic majority Malay in Malaysia will dumb down the minorities, assuming the minorities joined the ethnic Malay society, WHICH THEY DON'T OF COURSE.

Same for those in Singapore, the majority Chinese raises the IQ of the minorities in SG, and thus SG perform better than Malaysia. SG is richer than Malaysia.

And that's Social Darwinism 101 and superior culture VS inferior culture.

Racial Quotas In Malaysia: Grim Warning For America

Last edited:

Brazil 1st and 2nd????

Somehow I very much don't believe it.

See, this kind of tests are generally very positively correlated to decades-long TIMSS,PISA math/science/reading rankings( hence avg IQ ranking, and in a broader sense, a country's industrialisation & technological statue, alongwith development/transformation speed), in which Brazil has been no where all these years.

from statistical pov Brazil's overwelming results also don't make any sense to me at all. it was not a competion only in 1 or 2 areas when there could be a lucky factor or there could be an exception. Brazil participated in most 50 areas competitions. The group results , under this circumstance, would be very much statistics-dependent, and it would be even harder to achieve #1 or #2 for an "industrialisation nobody" (such as Brazil or Mexico or Saudi or...) than hitting a lottery jackpot. So very likely there was sth wrong...

Last edited:
Because Malaysia is a dumbed down society, especially the majority.

Thanks facking god that the Chinese in Malaysia are staying as pure as possible or else their IQ will be dumbed down too. Malaysia is the only country in the world outside of "Chinese territories" that has Chinese school from kindergarten to high school.

The minority Blacks in US have higher IQ than those Blacks in African because the white society raises the Black American's IQ, thanks to the white folks.

In contrast, the lower IQ ethnic majority Malay in Malaysia will dumb down the minorities, assuming the minorities joined the ethnic Malay society, WHICH THEY DON'T OF COURSE.

Same for those in Singapore, the majority Chinese raises the IQ of the minorities in SG, and thus SG perform better than Malaysia. SG is richer than Malaysia.

And that's Social Darwinism 101 and superior culture VS inferior culture.

Racial Quotas In Malaysia: Grim Warning For America
This is kinda of a taboo topic. This is like telling the Malays, you'll never be successful cause you're born Malay. They are focusing on the wrong thing in Malaysia, there are no better way to restructure a successful society then education. I don't think the malay-majority can accept this. You don't see Malaysian government releasing data. Don't bother, later they say is "komplot cina".

Not bad, a lot of countries didn't win any medal.

Taiwan is indeed a model in high-end manufacturing.

This is the first time Chinese won a gold.
Chinese contestants also won the most important gold, Manufacturing Team Challenge

(5 gold actually, the result of CNC Milling came out later)

TW is particularly strong in IC and precision machinery.

In terms of precision machinery, however, Taiwan is weak on the software side (automated CNC etc). I guess the administration here is working to break that bottleneck. They are studying Germany's Industry 4.0.

I joined a workshop on this and there I argued that TW needs to adopt a more localized model because there is no one size fits all model. And I gave China's Made in China 2025 as an example.

China's RFID market will reach $4.3 billion by 2025 | Automation.com

The problem is similar to India, they are not well respected.
Vocational education is considered a student's last choice.
China has nearly 3000 vocational schools(2013), 74.5% of students come from countryside.
Generally a student of bad academic record or coming from poor family tends to receive vocational education.
(students from countryside or poor urban family have access to free secondary vocational education)
The whole educational system should be redesigned.
The whole biased attitude should be further changed.

Exactly the same attitude that we find here.

This is kinda of a taboo topic. This is like telling the Malays, you'll never be successful cause you're born Malay. They are focusing on the wrong thing in Malaysia, there are no better way to restructure a successful society then education. I don't think the malay-majority can accept this. You don't see Malaysian government releasing data. Don't bother, later they say is "komplot cina".
Evolution. China had long axx history of "good evolution" which leads to superior culture and high IQ. Evolution takes thousands of years, not few generations. Fyi, Malacca was a tributary state of Ming D.

This is kinda of a taboo topic. This is like telling the Malays, you'll never be successful cause you're born Malay.

Ain't it true bro! To be politically correct people have to refrain themselves from facing realities, that's counter-productive to national development.

Brazil 1st and 2nd????
Somehow I very much don't believe it.

I also find it hard to believe! I guess Brazilian in the competition final are of Asian/Japanese ancestry?

Ain't it true bro! To be politically correct people have to refrain themselves from facing realities, that's counter-productive to national development.

I also find it hard to believe! I guess Brazilian in the competition final are of Asian/Japanese ancestry?
屏幕快照 2015-09-10 16.30.23.png

I guess so and Brazil is also the host country.
But their manufacturing is not bad.
Manufacuring value added.png

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom