What's new

Skier Arif Khan is India’s only athlete representing 1.4 billion people to competing in the Beijing Winter Olympics

Well this is your one chance to be happy since we are neither sending ANY diplomat NOR are we broadcasting the Olympics in India.

Congratulations.
Congratulating who? India is like non existent in the Olympics, either good or bad, nothing there to celebrate.

Correct, He's from kashmir and he spent his own money to represent his nation India in the Olympics.

He then applied for a Indian passport and applied for a Visa as a Indian citizen and went to China to represent India.

I don't think you missed anything.
While I appreciate his attitude towards India, I'll have to admit that it is a bit out of the ordinary. I hope the Indian gov. can support his cause and serve to assure the people in the valley that India can serve their socio-economic interest. Removal of article 370 did not win popularity contest in Kashmir, so India will need support from people like him.

Strangely, this athlete's story is largely ignored by Indian media. :undecided:

Congratulating who? India is like non existent in the Olympics, either good or bad, nothing there to celebrate.

Then why did you post this thread ?

Why have 3 pages of discussion on it ?

I though you were fishing for a compliment, like you usually do.

On that note, when are you posting pictures of the opening ceremony ? Will you do it or will someone else ? just asking.

Last edited:
Then why did you post this thread ?

Why have 3 pages of discussion on it ?

I though you were fishing for a complement, like you usually do.

On that note, when are you posting pictures of the opening ceremony ? Will you do it or will someone else ? just asking.
I posted cause it's mindblowing to learn a country of 1.4 billion people only has one athlete competes in the olympics and the government doesn't even have the money to fund him. this is what surprises everyone, not how strong India is in the olympics.

While I appreciate his attitude towards India, I'll have to admit that it is a bit out of the ordinary. I hope the Indian gov. can support his cause and serve to assure the people in the valley that India can serve their socio-economic interest. Removal of article 370 did not win popularity contest in Kashmir, so India will need support from people like him.

Maybe in your ignorance you thought its out of the ordinary. But reality is we have Multiple athletes from kashmir. From Cricket to kickboxing to skating.

In IPL 10 Kashmiri athletes were auctioned and in Khelo India 28 kashmiri athletes participated. Indian kick boxing captain was a kashmiri.

Who are you to talk about "his cause" ? Has he mentioned "his cause" to you ? or are you taking this mantel based on your own imagination, prejudice and wishful thinking ?

How do you know Article 370 did not win popularity in kashmir ? did you take a survey to find that out ? What statistical data do you have ?

Indian constitution does not exist on individual support, but on the collective will of the people of India.

Finally since there is an political boycott of this olympics, why would the media talk about this ?

I posted cause it's mindblowing to learn a country of 1.4 billion people only has one athlete competes in the olympics and the government doesn't even have the money to fund him. this is what surprises everyone, not how strong India is in the olympics.

Now that you have determined we are weak and poor, what are you going to do about it ?

Maybe in your ignorance you thought its out of the ordinary. But reality is we have Multiple athletes from kashmir. From Cricket to kickboxing to skating.

In IPL 10 Kashmiri athletes were auctioned and in Khelo India 28 kashmiri athletes participated. Indian kick boxing captain was a kashmiri.

Who are you to talk about "his cause" ? Has he mentioned "his cause" to you ? or are you taking this mantel based on your own imagination, prejudice and wishful thinking ?

How do you know Article 370 did not win popularity in kashmir ? did you take a survey to find that out ? What statistical data do you have ?

Indian constitution does not exist on individual support, but on the collective will of the people of India.

Finally since there is an political boycott of this olympics, why would the media talk about this ?
Who am I? I'm a random guy on the internet. I can talk whatever I perceive to be true.

Take a chill pill :laugh:

Now that you have determined we are weak and poor, what are you going to do about it ?
Pay for that poor guy's cost, you spend hundreds of billions in buying foreign weapons yet can't afford supporting a solo athlete?

Kashmiri's ARE Indians.

That is simple english and hope you understand this without much confusion.

His Passport declares his citizenship and his participation in Olympics as an Indian declares his love and respect for India.

That is pretty simple and straight forward too.

Since you consider Kashmiri as "tortured" , why not show the same sympathy for the chinese muslims ? Its the same , is it not ?
Kashmir is disputed and occupied territory by Indian occupiers. Nothing that constitute China is disputed or occupied.

Pay for that poor guy's cost, you spend hundreds of billions in buying foreign weapons yet can't afford supporting a solo athlete?

Only if you say "please".

Kashmir is disputed and occupied territory by Indian occupiers. Nothing that constitute China is disputed or occupied.

Taiwan ? Tibet ? Ladak ? Arunachal Pradesh ? South China sea ?

You mean occupied Kashmiri don't have a problem representing India?

I will be amazed if a Palestinian represent Isarhel.

But nothing is impossible in those crazy times we are living ....
A large portion of Kashmiri people made a deal with the devil (India) in 1947, hence a large portion of it is still under Indian occupation and people like this skier are happy with the status quo and this is the main reason Kashmiris under indian occupation will never gain independence on their own.

A large portion of Kashmiri people made a deal with the devil (India) in 1947, hence a large portion of it is still under Indian occupation and people like this skier are happy with the status quo and this is the main reason Kashmiris under indian occupation will never gain independence on their own.
umh that's why its under constant lockdown for 2-3 years years now?
at least a 100,000 people have been killed over just 2-3 decades? not to mention rapes of Indian military running into 10 of thousands
That's why they need military protection just to put Indian flag in Kashmir?
that's why before literal military enforced lockdown and draconian laws every Friday prayer resulted in mass protest?

GTFO with happy with status quo, thank god you are on the internet...

Winter Olympics as a whole has been low key event given self-goal scored by CCP

Its unfortunate Arif is getting stuck in the middle of all this

Winter Olympics as a whole has been low key event given self-goal scored by CCP

Its unfortunate Arif is getting stuck in the middle of all this

But wood is more concerned about his "cause". Any advice to him on how he can help this "cause" ?

Back
Top Bottom