What's new

Situation worsening for religious minorities: HRCP

There's no denying of the fact that minorities face discrimination in Pakistan - I am not arguing they live a prosperous life. Yes Hindus are largely concentrated in the province of Sindh but this is how equation is since partition - I have no idea why are you emphasizing on this settlement.

You have been misguided on figures, population percentage was never in 2 digits. Please back your assertions with a credible source.

Well this was something that me and @Areesh were discussing on Khushwant singh's funeral thread. So I moved the discussion to a more appropriate thread and asked you if it was against the forum rules.
Ostensibly Areesh was not ready to accept the fact that you've.

Well this was something that me and @Areesh were discussing on Khushwant singh's funeral thread. So I moved the discussion to a more appropriate thread and asked you if it was against the forum rules.
Ostensibly Areesh was not ready to accept the fact that you've.

As if majority of the users care about the forum's rule :-) I allowed this discussion here for a good reason, otherwise population percentage in east and west Pakistan has been discussed time and again on PDF.

What Areesh thinks has got nothing to do with what I am trying to put up here.

How about a link to your assertions about percentage in 2 figures?

here is what will be result of this thread

None of indian business , india opressing minorities itself

every thing is hunky dory with minorities in Pakistan , they are having time of their life

its all a propaganda as HRCP is a jew / raw cia backed organisation their mission is to malign Pakistan
you forgot to mention the most repeated line: if majority muslims (of sunni vareity) are not safe in pakistan..... :coffee:

As if majority of the users care about the forum's rule :-)
I do.:raise:

Emmie said:
I allowed this discussion here for a good reason, otherwise population percentage in east and west Pakistan has been discussed time and again on PDF.
Fortunately Unfortunately I've never been a part of those discussions...or so I think.

Emmie said:
What Areesh thinks has got nothing to do with what I am trying to put up here.
Well I assumed that since you've missed the part of discussion that we had on Khushwant singh's funeral thread you might have problem comprehending my posts.
Emmie said:
How about a link to your assertions about percentage in 2 figures?
This is where I saw the 2 digit percentage
Hinduism in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not again!

In 1951, Hindus constituted 22% of the Pakistani population (this includes East Pakistan, modern day Bangladesh);[4][5] today, the share of Hindus is down to 1.7% in Pakistan,[6] and 9.2% in Bangladesh.[7] (In 1951, Bangladesh alone had a 22% Hindu population

Did you read above lines especially something written in parenthesis? Sorry but the link you have shared doesn't support your claim of the population percentage in west Pakistan in two figures or 20%. Please familiarize yourself with the figures mentioned in your own link - there's no point arguing on something you don't know jack about. Know the difference between east and Pakistan at first. Start with reading previous posts of mine.

I have stated many times on this thread that the figure you are referring to represents combine population percentage of ease and west, west Pakistan having the least (2-3%). Don't know why are you reiterating same stuff again and over again after several clarifications at my part about the distribution of population between east and west Pakistan?

Or make your mind what you want to discuss - plight of minorities or distribution of population. Don't reply if you are in mood of trolling.

Not again!

In 1951, Hindus constituted 22% of the Pakistani population (this includes East Pakistan, modern day Bangladesh);[4][5] today, the share of Hindus is down to 1.7% in Pakistan,[6] and 9.2% in Bangladesh.[7] (In 1951, Bangladesh alone had a 22% Hindu population

Did you read above lines especially something written in parenthesis? Sorry but the link you have shared doesn't support your claim of the population percentage in west Pakistan in two figures or 20%. Please familiarize yourself with the figures mentioned in your own link - there's no point arguing on something you don't know jack about. Know the difference between east and Pakistan at first. Start with reading previous posts of mine.

I have stated many times on this thread that the figure you are referring to represents combine population percentage of ease and west, west Pakistan having the least (2-3%). Don't know why are you reiterating same stuff again and over again after several clarifications at my part about the distribution of population between east and west Pakistan?
Hey but 1.7 + 9.2 is not equal to 22 right ?

Hey but 1.7 + 9.2 is not equal to 22 right ?
You'd more interested in the fact that percentage remained fairly constant in west Pakistan. May be B'Dians can help you with your mathematical addition.

You'd more interested in the fact that percentage remained fairly constant in west Pakistan. May be B'Dians can help you with your mathematical addition.
if you know mathematics then let me tell you. in 1951 22% in bangladesh alone. It means 22% in west pakistan too so that in total pakistan it will be 22 %. NOw 1.7% in pakistan. tell me, whether it is decreased or not.

thats before and after 71 mate.
yep, that means they are decreasing.

if you know mathematics then let me tell you. in 1951 22% in bangladesh alone. It means 22% in west pakistan too so that in total pakistan it will be 22 %. NOw 1.7% in pakistan. tell me, whether it is decreased or not.
yep, that means they are decreasing.

22% in Bangladesh (east Pakistan) also means 22% in Pakistan (west Pakistan)? What kind of match is it?

NOw 1.7% in pakistan. tell me, whether it is decreased or not.

No - before 71 it was less than 2, after 71 it is still less than 2. In short it remained fairly constant, in west Pakistan as well as in today's Pakistan.

22% in Bangladesh (east Pakistan) also means 22% in Pakistan (west Pakistan)? What kind of match is it?

No - before 71 it was less than 2, after 71 it is still less than 2. In short it remained fairly constant.
but according to that link it must be 22 % right. Otherwise it can not be 22% together in Bangladesh and Pakistan.

but according to that link it must be 22 % right. Otherwise it can not be 22% together in Bangladesh and Pakistan.
It must be 22% (20% factually) in east and west Pakistan combine. 2-3% in west Pakistan and 17-18% in east Pakistan.

East Pakistan = Today's Bangladesh
West Pakistan = Today's Pakistan

Not again!

Or make your mind what you want to discuss - plight of minorities or distribution of population. Don't reply if you are in mood of trolling.

Emmmmiiiieeee
You were the one who insisted that I post the link ,which ofcourse was about a post about which I have confessed atleast 3 times that I was in a slugabed mode when I posted it.
And yes I had understood with your 1st post on this thread last nite that it included the east Pakistan which is now Bangladesh.
But you were the one who insisted that you wanted to see that link despite me having accepted the fact i did make a blunder while posting the digits.
Now I dont know who's trolling here...you or me.???

It must be 22% (20% factually) in east and west Pakistan combine. 2-3% in west Pakistan and 17-18% in east Pakistan.

East Pakistan = Today's Bangladesh
West Pakistan = Today's Pakistan

It was around 20% Hindu-Sikhs in West Punjab and 25% Hindus in Sindh.

Not really, your minorities have to pay Jaziya Tax, are not allowed to become Prime Minister or President and have there places of worship destroyed weekly. Compared to our isolated incidents, your country is a hell hole for minorities. I am still waiting for the day that a member of India's minority asks for asylum in Pakistan.

Mass murderer terrorists like Dawood and Bhatkals all indeed seek refuge and granted in Pakistan. But then that applies to other persecuted muslims like Osama too.

Back
Top Bottom