What's new

Sinovac's vaccine general efficacy less than 60% in Brazil trial - report

Yes. I read about it somewhere as well.

It is true that Pfizer vaccines has not been tested yet in all nationalities unlike Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccines.
They have not conducted any clinical trials on the older folks above 60 yet as required by WHO.
Based on their methodology Sinovac is 100% effective.

I haven’t read many studies yet, but from what I have read, there isn’t as much efficacy in Asians as there is in other populations, when it comes to the Pfizer vaccine.

At this stage, this should be a global coordinated fight against this virus and the threat it poses to all of humanity. We should be testing the vaccines from other countries, because with more data we can slow down this virus as quickly as possible. China too bought 100 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine.

This should not be nationalized. This is a global humanitarian disaster.

It seems that the Pfizer vaccine is not as effect in people of Asian descent, while it maybe true the Sinovac maybe more effective in Asian people then in non-Asian people. Consider the populations the vaccine was developed in, this could have contributed to the dichotomy.

We need to study the populations (sample of the genetic break down of those where it was not effective) getting the vaccines after the fact; Meta-analysis, to find out the true efficacy.

either way, if you have the opportunity to get any of the vaccines with credible phase 3 data, it would still be best to get any of those vaccines then to go unvaccinated.

That is true, and Indonesian share more similarity with Chinese Han in DNA

1610569968075.png

Yup, it is the emergency situation and Indonesia has also bought other vaccines greatly, we have bought 50 million Covid 19 vaccine as well from Pfizer. Indonesia bought 100 million raw material vaccine from Sinovac, but in total we have secured about 350 million dose of vaccine. It is enough for this year until our own made vaccine is ready inshaAllah. Our own made vaccine uses Indonesian Covid 19 strain and uses more modern method than Sinovac from China.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIPI, UI join Merah Putih vaccine development team

News Desk

The Jakarta Post Jakarta / Fri, December 4, 2020 / 06:24 pm

1610570495268.png

The Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI) and the University of Indonesia (UI) have joined the national team for the development of a COVID-19 vaccine. The two organizations are now allowed to research COVID-19 candidate vaccines to help the country develop and produce one in the future – to be called the Merah Putih vaccine.

Research and Technology Minister and National Research and Innovation Agency (BRIN) head Bambang Brodjonegoro said Indonesia would need many vaccine doses because of the size of its population. The country would also need doses for revaccination.

“Therefore, apart from having foreign partnerships for vaccine procurement, we also need to develop a vaccine locally in order to be self-reliant,” he said on Thursday, as quoted by kompas.id. “We hope that the involvement of the LIPI and UI can help meet vaccine needs in Indonesia.” Previously, the Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology and Airlangga University received the ministry’s approval to assist in the development of the Merah Putih vaccine.

The government hoped to progress quickly through the development and testing phase. “[The candidate vaccine] is about 55 percent through the laboratory stage,” said Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology head Amin Soebandrio in October, as quoted by tribunnews.com.

“It is hoped that preclinical animal testing can be carried out next month, and if everything runs smoothly we can finish development of the vaccine by the end of the year, and early next year the vaccine concentrate can be submitted to Bio Farma." The candidate vaccine is now set to undergo trials in February and March of next year.

The Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB) and Gadjah Mada University (UGM) are also involved in the country’s vaccine development efforts. All of the locally developed candidate vaccines use strains of the virus found and analyzed in Indonesia.

I haven’t read many studies yet, but from what I have read, there isn’t as much efficacy in Asians as there is in other populations, when it comes to the Pfizer vaccine.

At this stage, this should be a global coordinated fight against this virus and the threat it poses to all of humanity. We should be testing the vaccines from other countries, because with more data we can slow down this virus as quickly as possible. China too bought 100 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine.

This should not be nationalized. This is a global humanitarian disaster.
I agree with you on this one. The vaccines should not be politicized as it is indeed a global crisis and people are dying.
There just isn't enough vaccines to go round today.
I read Sinovac has just reset their vaccines production schedule to 1 billion dose for 2021.

Patients traumatized by American vaccine
Patients crippled from American vaccine
Patients dying from American vaccine
More than 50% wont even get a light headache, itchyness, running nose or even register asymptomatic sideffects, almost perfect results for mild and serious cases for Chinese vaccine in real world application.

Americas media: Americas vaccine over 90% effective if you dont count most of the sideeffects and continued symptoms! Chinese vaccine less than 60% effective! Lower number than Western number! America good! China bad!
Americas usefull idiots: Chinese media admits Chinese vaccine less effective! China bad!

China could cure cancer and they'd complain about risks and or the treaths of China using it for for some kind of evil. Its a waste of time.

no surprise... cooking results as usual. we will find out when Argentinians and Indonesians come back.

This is definitely the best one. I had signed up for the trials. To give more diverse genetic mix.
I will be surprised if you didnt rubbish China based on your hatre and jealousy of China. :enjoy:

China too bought 100 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
When China has so many inhouse vaccines , any reason to buy from outside ?
Are these for the communist party members , while the ordinary Chinese gets the indigenous 'effort ' at a vaccine ?

When China has so many inhouse vaccines , any reason to buy from outside ?
Are these for the communist party members , while the ordinary Chinese gets the indigenous 'effort ' at a vaccine ?

1. I’m just sharing the news

2. sharing medical technology can advance knowledge in how to fight this virus and help prevent future outbreaks from getting out of hand, if we know how to deal with them early on (if politics don’t get in the way, supposedly).

1. I’m just sharing the news

2. sharing medical technology can advance knowledge in how to fight this virus and help prevent future outbreaks from getting out of hand, if we know how to deal with them early on (if politics don’t get in the way, supposedly).

Strange - why is China buying a 100 million doses of Pfizer's mRNA? When it's own vaccine is allegedly a 100% effective with ZERO side effects?
While they claim the Pfizer vaccine is a 100% defective and fatal to all life in the known universe? :lol:

Strange - why is China buying a 100 million doses of Pfizer's mRNA? When it's own vaccine is allegedly a 100% effective with ZERO side effects?
While they claim the Pfizer vaccine is a 100% defective and fatal to all life in the known universe? :lol:

politics is one thing, but the scientists in the CCP know they need to keep a reserve of vaccines that maybe more effective against certain strains, or to put the mRNA technology through clinical trials so they can develop their own mRNA Technology against their own local strains.

politics is one thing, but the scientists in the CCP know they need to keep a reserve of vaccines that maybe more effective against certain strains, or to put the mRNA technology through clinical trials so they can develop their own mRNA Technology against their own local strains.
And they need 100 m doses for trials ? Seems excessive.
I guess with a average Pakistan's trust and love for China, you will wait for the Chinese vaccine.

Was a trial done for cpv 1

(cow piss vaccine 1)

And they need 100 m doses for trials ? Seems excessive.
I guess with a average Pakistan's trust and love for China, you will wait for the Chinese vaccine.

Couldn't be any worse then the Indian Vaccines. Let’s see the data on both sets of vaccines and the strains prevalent in Pakistan and we can talk. Besides, is Pakistan suppose to trust India when it comes to these vaccines?

Back
Top Bottom