What's new

Single Engine Gripen NG may win MMRCA

well hope india picks gripen and F 16 is not made for IAF ever im sure india wont go for F 16

Super falcon

I think you will be very worried if they get F18 Super Hornet or Rafael which many people believe will happen

I think the F-16IN is the most logical choice. F-16 is one of them most proven platforms out there. The IN variant is also pretty much on par with the Block 60s the UAE operates. AESA radars would give India the advantage over all other F-16 forces as far as BVR goes. That and the F110-132A engine would give it amazing performance.

I think the F-16IN is the most logical choice. F-16 is one of them most proven platforms out there. The IN variant is also pretty much on par with the Block 60s the UAE operates. AESA radars would give India the advantage over all other F-16 forces as far as BVR goes. That and the F110-132A engine would give it amazing performance.

so the YF-16 and YF-17 compete againts each other once more....:whistle: this time around its the cobra with the upper hand..:smokin:

Incorrect.. the JF-17 and Gripen are totally unrelated for the PAF.. there was no problem for us poor Pakistani as in your view for ToT(which was never on the table). We never wanted another air defense fighter.. which the Gripen C being discussed was.
The PAF needed a deep strike option... something the Mirage 2000 or the new F-16 gave us.. and we got that.
The JF-17 was going to happen, regardless of an offer of the F-22 even(dont this seriously.. just in case).

Santro,
We are in same page.I was replying to Batman's remark that PAF "dropped Gripen in favor of JFT". I also told that JFT was on going project and not related to Gripen episode.
But the TOT view was not mine, but ur PAF head.I think, PAF had decided to drop gripen in favour of J10B.Because Gripen(unlike J10B) is sanction pron.So PAF needed TOT to manage production or maintenance in tough time.

USA maintains the veto on gripen, due to its engine which has US technology and can not be exported without uncle Sam´s permission.

Why would US jeopardise its (chances) sell of F-18 Superhornet or F-16IN with latest tech, more than block 60? More so when Obama is due next month, and it is understood that it would be a political push and a gift for US-Obama to bag this order worth 12 Billion USD.

Let me emphasize the intended role of the MMRCA aircraft. Deep Strike aircraft!

These aircraft are meant to carry huge amounts of munitions for a strike. They will be flying in a strike group along with air-superiority fighters and other supporting aircraft.

Why would you need supercruise abilities if you want the aircraft to carry large qty of ammunition?
Why would you need a large combat radius if you just want the aircraft to bomb and run?
Why do you need a very high service ceiling when strike aircraft usually fly low? The trials at Leh are enough that the aircraft can takeoff and land at high altitudes.
With F-18SH's multirole capabilities, it can very well take care of itself after a bombing run and lend a helping hand to the air-superiority fighters if needed.

My dumb answer: EF have 13 hard points
Eurofighter Typhoon Multirole Combat Fighter - Air Force Technology
Weapons

The Eurofighter Typhoon has 13 hard points for weapon carriage, four under each wing and five under the fuselage. An armament control system (ACS) manages weapons selection and firing and monitors weapon status.

Depending on role, the fighter can carry the following mix of missiles:

* Air-superiority - six BVRAAM (beyond visual range) / AMRAAM air-to-air missiles on semi-recessed fuselage stations and two ASRAAM short-range air-to-air missiles on the outer pylons
* Air interdiction - four AMRAAM, two ASRAAM, two cruise missiles and two anti-radar missiles (ARM)
* SEAD (suppression of enemy air defences) - four AMRAAM, two ASRAAM, six anti-radar missiles
* Multirole - three AMRAAM, two ASRAAM, two ARM and two GBU-24 Paveway III/IV
* Close air support - four AMRAAM, two ASRAAM, 18 Brimstone anti-armour missiles
* Maritime attack - four AMRAAM, two ASRAAM, six anti-ship missiles

AESA and advanced unmatched A-to-G capabilities, the primary requirements of IAF! Why would you want anything else?

To avoid sanctions :P
Ask our neighbors how they managed to maintain F16s after nuke tests

My dumb answer: EF have 13 hard points
Eurofighter Typhoon Multirole Combat Fighter - Air Force Technology
Weapons

The Eurofighter Typhoon has 13 hard points for weapon carriage, four under each wing and five under the fuselage. An armament control system (ACS) manages weapons selection and firing and monitors weapon status.

Depending on role, the fighter can carry the following mix of missiles:

* Air-superiority - six BVRAAM (beyond visual range) / AMRAAM air-to-air missiles on semi-recessed fuselage stations and two ASRAAM short-range air-to-air missiles on the outer pylons
* Air interdiction - four AMRAAM, two ASRAAM, two cruise missiles and two anti-radar missiles (ARM)
* SEAD (suppression of enemy air defences) - four AMRAAM, two ASRAAM, six anti-radar missiles
* Multirole - three AMRAAM, two ASRAAM, two ARM and two GBU-24 Paveway III/IV
* Close air support - four AMRAAM, two ASRAAM, 18 Brimstone anti-armour missiles
* Maritime attack - four AMRAAM, two ASRAAM, six anti-ship missiles

To avoid sanctions :P
Ask our neighbors how they managed to maintain F16s after nuke tests

all the above can be done by SU-30MKI , then why spend twice the price at Eurofighter ?

I have had the privilege of seeing both th F-16 (both a single aircraft demo as well as the USAF Thunderbirds) and the F-18SH (single aircraft demo) just yesterday at an airshow. The sheer power and grace of the F-18SH is enough to impress anyone - did a loop pulling 11Gs! You have to see it to believe it.

Hmm... The F-18 isn't even cleared for pulling 8G maneuvers regularly. Could be a one-off event if true.

Hmm... The F-18 isn't even cleared for pulling 8G maneuvers regularly. Could be a one-off event if true.

Thats what the announcer said. Those G limits are for maintenance purposes. Anyhow, you are not going to limit yourself to the G limit during real combat maneuvers now.

Bro.....F-22 is offered to Pakistan!!!!(I never heard of these)....You must be lying....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Like I said.. infants like you accross the border rarely read the whole statement..but are always eager to jump at any opportunity to ridicule Pakistan using the most idiotic of conclusions.

Now.. use your education and read through my post again..
were I said right after it.. "dont take this seriously". now what does that mean in good old english.. unless they teach something else now in Indian schools.. were No mean yes and dimwit means genius.

Now.. use your education and read through my post again..
were I said right after it.. "dont take this seriously". now what does that mean in good old english.. unless they teach something else now in Indian schools.. were No mean yes and dimwit means genius.

Well you missed the "take". Thus leading to the confusion.
:cheers:

Incorrect.. the JF-17 and Gripen are totally unrelated for the PAF.. there was no problem for us poor Pakistani as in your view for ToT(which was never on the table). We never wanted another air defense fighter.. which the Gripen C being discussed was.
The PAF needed a deep strike option... something the Mirage 2000 or the new F-16 gave us.. and we got that.
The JF-17 was going to happen, regardless of an offer of the F-22 even(dont take this seriously.. just in case).

As far I can remember there was a discussion of offering F-22(along with other pachages) to Pakistan if Pakistan hand over all the nuclear weapons to USA(US Congress was considering that offer...though that does not come to affect later)......Some old forum member can remember that....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom