What's new

Single Engine Gripen NG may win MMRCA

AESA and advanced unmatched A-to-G capabilities, the primary requirements of IAF! Why would you want anything else?

I agree! after reading pages of this vs that, all of the competition can play most of role assigned to them, if there was one sector that can make a considerable difference to IAF it is indeed AESA and other avionics. Have to agree Americans are way ahead in this regard and should not come as a surprise if they are selected.

Let me emphasize the intended role of the MMRCA aircraft. Deep Strike aircraft!

AESA and advanced unmatched A-to-G capabilities, the primary requirements of IAF! Why would you want anything else?

Wow...:victory:

Thanks for input from everyone on this topic thread that i started only yesterday

Gubbi mentioned the need for MMRCA to be heavily focused on strike capability . This is something i agree with with 100% THE IAF is defo looking at strike capability.

THE SU30MKI already gives the IAF a great Air superiority platform

I ALSO AGREE that both the RAFAEL & F18SH are the best multi role platforms..

In terms of a striaght fight between Hornets & Rafael to win the tender just consider this.

Hornets is 30% cheaper than Rafael
Usa has offered the block3 upgrade to IAF post 2017 which includes 6th generation avionics and internal weapons bay
USA will be far bigger political coup.

"I CANT SEE WHY RAFAEL WOULD WIN"
#
can anybody ???????

I wouldnt mind F-16IN S.V. in Indian colors..

varghese-albums-pics-picture3736-f-16-super-viper.jpg

:cheers::cheers:

I don't think India should go for f-16s because we have been operating them for decades, we know them inside out.

I think Gripen NG is a good choice, I always preferred it over other MMRCA contenders.

Why would you need supercruise abilities if you want the aircraft to carry large qty of ammunition?
Why would you need a large combat radius if you just want the aircraft to bomb and run?
Why do you need a very high service ceiling when strike aircraft usually fly low? The trials at Leh are enough that the aircraft can takeoff and land at high altitudes.

now even a Jaguar can do that all with the protection cover of MKI's,if u all need is bomb and run,why u want to have specifically F/A-18 for that

EFT is not that bad,it is still maturing,under Tranche-2 variant further modification r going on which includes Paveway 4,TAURUS, Storm Shadow, Brimstone and EGBU-16 bombs and a further modified Tranche-3 is also in proposal

I don't think India should go for f-16s because we have been operating them for decades, we know them inside out.

I think Gripen NG is a good choice, I always preferred it over other MMRCA contenders.

Nope...you dont know everything:azn:...There will be several crital changes in F-16IN than you F-16. By the way it will be the F-16 Super Viper no viper....:yahoo:

Its wrong. PAF was involved with china for jft-17 long back than they tested Gripen. Ist Gripen was almost three times costlier to JFT and according to ur PAF head, Gripen was so advance comparing JFT that Pakistan industry couldn't absorb its complex TOT.

Incorrect.. the JF-17 and Gripen are totally unrelated for the PAF.. there was no problem for us poor Pakistani as in your view for ToT(which was never on the table). We never wanted another air defense fighter.. which the Gripen C being discussed was.
The PAF needed a deep strike option... something the Mirage 2000 or the new F-16 gave us.. and we got that.
The JF-17 was going to happen, regardless of an offer of the F-22 even(dont take this seriously.. just in case).

Last edited:
The JF-17 was going to happen, regardless of an offer of the F-22 even(dont this seriously.. just in case).

Bro.....F-22 is offered to Pakistan!!!!(I never heard of these)....You must be lying....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

now even a Jaguar can do that all with the protection cover of MKI's,if u all need is bomb and run,why u want to have specifically F/A-18 for that
The Jaguars are old. IIRC apart from IAF the only other country to still fly these relicts is Jordan. They have reached the end of their upgrade capabilities. With new technologies available why still keep the Jaguars.
EFT is not that bad,it is still maturing,under Tranche-2 variant further modification r going on which includes Paveway 4,TAURUS, Storm Shadow, Brimstone and EGBU-16 bombs and a further modified Tranche-3 is also in proposal
Agreed that EFT is still maturing. It will be a good 5-10 years before it fully matures and then there are all these 'tranches'. However, EFT was designed to be an air superiority fighter, not a bomb truck. As an afterthought it has some A-to-G capabilities added to it. IIRC EFT doesnt have AESA yet. That is NOT what IAF wants.

The superbug and the Rafale were basically designed as A-to-G aircraft with true multi-role capabilities. With MKI's around and with the upcoming FGFA/PAK-FA we dont need more sir superiority fighters aka EFT. We need bomb trucks with multirole capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom