What's new

Since Earliest Historical Times Hinduism Was Never Popular in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues with any of that. We already know this.

Pakistan is all about Islam and not its ancient Dharmic history. That is what you are saying and what I am saying as well.

The premise of this thread is completely different though.

You said we have identity crisis because we identify ourselves with Islam and Muslims. We had Pre-Islamic history just like any other Muslim country , culture, tribe and race etc. Arabs were also polytheists,pagans, Jews and Christians before converting into Islam and that's where Islam was started. Same could be said about Persians/turks/Iranians/Africans/Indonesian/Malaysians Muslims etc You would say they also have identity crisis because they don't show any pride in pagan or non Islamic beliefs/practices of their ancestors .

You are suggesting that if someone gave up religious beliefs of their ancestors then they all would have this identity crisis which i don't agree with. We had Pre Islamic history irrespective of whether our ancestors were Hindus/Buddhist/monotheist/pagans/ Zoroastrian etc but whether we have pride in beliefs of those ancestors is different debate.

And above nation too.
Define nation?

How you differentiate between country/state and nation?

A country can consist of people belong to different nations/cultures/tribes/history/ethnicity/languages etc

Last edited:
Define nation?

How you differentiate between country/state and nation?

A country can consist of people belong to different nations/cultures/tribes/history/ethnicity/languages etc
You said that for Muslims love for Islam/God is above everything else i.e tribe, caste, family. But for Muslims, religion is above their country and motherland too.

You said that for Muslims love for Islam/God is above everything else i.e tribe, caste, family. But for Muslims, religion is above their country and motherland too.
off course religion is above country and its true for Indian Muslim as well if they follow their religion not Bollywood where Islam come after India :D

Country is just a geographic location. Many Hindus and Sikhs were born in Canada/uk but they feel more attachment with Indian sikhs and hindus than christian goraz because have same languages/beliefs/traditions/culture/food/clothes/festival etc. Pakistani Hindus have more similarities with Indian Hindus than Pakistani Muslim.

The word Swastika is a Sanskrit word lol what do you know yr madrasa version of history is not even accurate in the least

Swastikas were found around the world in many places outside India, much before mankind even learned to write. What Sanskrit?

@WebMaster @Aeronaut ....threads based on religion are not allowed anymore na ???

This thread is not based on religion and it has been explained many many times in various posts. This thread pertains to history and history alone. Only historical facts are quoted and where religion comes up, it is only in terms of historical explanations and nothing more.

Maybe in pakistan 98% choora low castes look different and uglier than 2% northern pakeez thats why you think they are different .No where in the hindu riligious texts its mentioned that low castes are different looking not even in manusmriti from which the discriminatory caste system originated .

It does not ever matter if one is ugly looking. Ugliness or beauty lies only in the eye of the beholder. But what does matter is when a community is identified and branded as untouchables.

All I have presented are facts accepted by world historians. As I've said Pak's version of history is never accepted outside Pak. Must be because of the global conspiracy against Pak and Islam as propagated by ISI and Zaid Hamid. This war of words b/w us will lead nowhere. You give me neutral non-Pakistani non-Islamic sources which say Pak has a history of 9000 years, wasn't a part of India, is descended from IVC and has been politically and culturally a separate entity for millennia and I will list neutral non-Indian non-Hindu sources that it is not. That way this debate will get a logical end. So, list your sources if you have any. Otherwise don't troll.

You are the one challenging the history, not me. You give out your reasoning starting from the earliest times with references and quotes and I will present my counter arguments. The important thing here is reasoning with references and not just listing out various urls. Please take a bold step and start with an analytical historical reasoning and present your conclusions.

Last edited:
You are the one challenging the history, not me. You give out your reasoning starting from the earliest times with references and quotes and I will present my counter arguments. The important thing here is reasoning with references and not just listing out various urls. Please take a bold step and start with an analytical historical reasoning and present your conclusions.
Its not about URLs. Its about referencing the works of people who have dedicated their lives studying and documenting history. Arguments are of no use without reliable sources. Here reliable means works of professional historians who write according to evidence available and not with the intention of rewriting history as many in Pak do. If you think you know better than professional historians then my dear no one can argue with you. So unless your counter arguments are backed by reliable works of history, they will be of no use.

It does not ever matter if one is ugly looking. Ugliness or beauty lies only in the eye of the beholder. But what does matter is when a community is identified and branded as untouchables.

Maybe you should tell this to your fellow countryman shan. And sorry if you feel offended

Its not about URLs. Its about referencing the works of people who have dedicated their lives studying and documenting history. Arguments are of no use without reliable sources. Here reliable means works of professional historians who write according to evidence available and not with the intention of rewriting history as many in Pak do. If you think you know better than professional historians then my dear no one can argue with you. So unless your counter arguments are backed by reliable works of history, they will be of no use.

Please read my posts. Wherever I have been asked to lay out the references, I have done it to support my arguments. Now if you have counter arguments, lay them out with references instead of asking me to redo the whole thing for your convenience when you seem to have run out of well supported and referenced arguments.

Maybe you should tell this to your fellow countryman shan. And sorry if you feel offended

I am not an untouchable, but I do feel the offence when a group of people and a large one at that is branded as untouchables and when they convert to other religions, they are still hounded - doomed if you do and doomed if you don't. There are very few from the India's so-called untouchable class who migrated to Pakistan after 1947 and they are as good Pakistanis irrespective of their cast or creed. Most of the untouchable converts however, remain in India.

Last edited:
Please read my posts. Wherever I have been asked to lay out the references, I have done it to support my arguments. Now if you have counter arguments, lay them out with references instead of asking me to redo the whole thing for your convenience when you seem to have run out of well supported and referenced arguments.
No you did not post references to any works of history in your posts. You only wrote your own interpretation of history and you are calling it a reference.
Here is one for you -
Pakistan -- Encyclopedia Britannica
Encyclopedia Britannica states Pakistan has historically and culturally been associated with India. It also does not list Pak's history before 1947. For that it asks to look into article for Indian history. It says "This section presents the history of Pakistan from the partition of British India (1947) to the present. For a discussion of the earlier history of the region, see India. Encyclopedia Britannica is British in origin and hence is a neutral source. It is written by experts and cannot be edited by anyone like Wikipedia. It clearly establishes that your notion of Pak being 9000 years old and being a culturally and politically independent entity and not part of India is completely wrong. Now counter this with another neutral source and prove your claims of of Pak being 9000 years old and being a culturally and politically independent entity and not having been part of India.

I dont know why 98% of Indians who are basically chamars claim our heritage. I think being slaves of Vedic aryans have completly fucked their minds. No wonder Brahmins even now still treat lower caste like cow dung.

Furthermore, looking at the so called & self confessed 'Noble Caste Of Brahmans', they look just like an average 'Head Shakin', smelly, openly defecating Injin'!

What a loser !:lol: You were saying all chamars look round faced pitch black . Now using the excuse that they are punjabis:rofl:.Thats what i have been saying . All punjabis would look the same no matter what caste they belong to . Similarly all biharis or tamils or gujaratis would look more or less the same regardless of the caste . That proves caste system is not racial.also these singer chamars are better looking than many bollywood actors and all lollywood actors .

more than 90% of actresses are non-punjabi . Also many male lead actors are also not punjabi . so don't know what you are blabbering about. Sonu nigam has played lead actor in a few movies and also chirag paswan who is bihari . Divya bharti was one of the leading actresses of her times .

First of all non-punjabis leading actors are pathans or sindhis. Caste system is purly based on race, genetic tests proves it. Its like denying sky is blue. And yes chamars do look different on average, thats what Indian punjabis say on net. We all know how Indian punjabi jatt treat chamars, many have build jatt exclusive gurdawaras. Ajay Devgan is punjabi chamar, there are many dark people in Punjab. But even then bollywood will only chose someone who look like Akshay Kumar or Hritick Roshan.

Not only does bollywood discriminate against 98% Indians but also punjabis who have dark skin tone. And they import few actresses from Bengal who are Brahmins, still shade lighter then average bengalan and make up and plastic surgery does rest.

And how do you explain bollywood importing any ghori chitti from west who can speak few lines of hindi? How do you explain background dancers dominated by eastern europeans instead of Indians? Why the **** punjabi culture is main theme of the film when 98% Indians are ignored? And its not just me, many Indians are also fed up by this. You can find many articles on google why they hate this.

Furthermore, looking at the so called & self confessed 'Noble Caste Of Brahmans', they look just like an average 'Head Shakin', smelly, openly defecating Injin'!

They look like that now but genetic tests proves their foreign ancestry.

No you did not post references to any works of history in your posts. You only wrote your own interpretation of history and you are calling it a reference.
Here is one for you -
Pakistan -- Encyclopedia Britannica
Encyclopedia Britannica states Pakistan has historically and culturally been associated with India. It also does not list Pak's history before 1947. For that it asks to look into article for Indian history. It says "This section presents the history of Pakistan from the partition of British India (1947) to the present. For a discussion of the earlier history of the region, see India. Encyclopedia Britannica is British in origin and hence is a neutral source. It is written by experts and cannot be edited by anyone like Wikipedia. It clearly establishes that your notion of Pak being 9000 years old and being a culturally and politically independent entity and not part of India is completely wrong. Now counter this with another neutral source and prove your claims of of Pak being 9000 years old and being a culturally and politically independent entity and not having been part of India.

Excerpts

………… The more one reads this history, the more it becomes apparent that the Indian subcontinent has two principal geographical regions: the Indus Valley with its tributaries, and the Ganges Valley with its tributaries. Pakistani scholar Aitzaz Ahsan identifies the actual geographical fissure within the subcontinent as the "Gurdaspur-Kathiawar salient," a line running from eastern Punjab southwest to the Arabian Sea in Gujarat. This is the watershed, and it matches up almost perfectly with the Pakistan-India border. Nearly all the Indus tributaries fall to the west of this line, and all the Ganges tributaries fall to the east. Only the Mauryas, Mughals, and British bonded these two regions into single states. ………….

………. Yet, for the overwhelming majority of history, when one empire did not rule both the entire Indus and the entire Ganges, the southern and eastern parts of Afghanistan, most of Pakistan, and northwestern India were nevertheless all governed as one political unit. And the rich and populous Indus Valley, as close to the wild and woolly Central Asian frontier as it was, formed the pulsating imperial center of that unit.

………… Today's political geography is historically unique, however: an Indus Valley state, Pakistan, and a powerful Ganges Valley state, India …………..

………… the re-creation of an Indus state and a Gangetic state upon the demise of the British Raj in 1947 …………..

What's Wrong with Pakistan? - By Robert D. Kaplan | Foreign Policy

First of all non-punjabis leading actors are pathans or sindhis. Caste system is purly based on race, genetic tests proves it. Its like denying sky is blue. And yes chamars do look different on average, thats what Indian punjabis say on net. We all know how Indian punjabi jatt treat chamars, many have build jatt exclusive gurdawaras. Ajay Devgan is punjabi chamar, there are many dark people in Punjab. But even then bollywood will only chose someone who look like Akshay Kumar or Hritick Roshan.

Not only does bollywood discriminate against 98% Indians but also punjabis who have dark skin tone. And they import few actresses from Bengal who are Brahmins, still shade lighter then average bengalan and make up and plastic surgery does rest.

And how do you explain bollywood importing any ghori chitti from west who can speak few lines of hindi? How do you explain background dancers dominated by eastern europeans instead of Indians? Why the **** punjabi culture is main theme of the film when 98% Indians are ignored? And its not just me, many Indians are also fed up by this. You can find many articles on google why they hate this.

You don't cease to entertain. do you? There are no sindhi leading actors in bollywood and the so called pathans are not even real pathans. You said chamars don't play lead roles . I proved you wrong . No one can tell a jatt from chamar niether in UP nor in punjab .Ajay devgan is one of the best actors .In bollywood culture of mumbai and hindi belt is shown not punjabi.

There have been many actresses and actors not only from bengal but from all states . Platic surgery ? lol you certainly are a loser . As if you urself performed Platic surgery on them.In pakistan only 2% of people who look pashtuns or like indian punjabi muhajirs get representation in lollywood and 98% dark pakeez are ignored.At least we have darkies in bollywood but in pakistan dark people can never make it to lollywood.

Indians are obsessed with white skin , that's why they show white dancers. But this obsession in much more severe in pakistan.

The land of Pakistan never had a Dharmic history as the Indian Hindus would like to propagate. Since the earliest of times, majority of the people of this land were monotheists, Buddhists and later followed Islam.

This is all red herring. Because some of you are not satisfied with the two nation theory as it was propagated and resulted in the creation of your country (formerly West Pakistan, the smaller of the two wings).

The TNT was very cleat that your history starts with the invader MBQ who pludered, raped and perpetrated genocides in your region. Just like the following barbaric uncivilized invaders.

And yes, the parts of India that were more influenced by Buddhism (part of the Dharmic family) were more impacted by the barbaric invaders as they could not fight back due to their pacifist ideology.

Here is how I look at this thread and your arguments. It is not an argument between you and us, it is primarily you trying to come to grips with who you are. We have no need to play any role here, it is evolution of your own identity from a purely Islamic one to something beyond that. This is what you are struggling with and the outbursts here reflect that confusion and denial.

I somehow see the current thread as stage two in a three stage evolution of Pakistani thinking. This is a bit over simplified obviously.

Stage 1: Totally dissociate from the past. call it Jahiliyah. Don't even accept that you are native to the land. Call yourself Arab origin etc. Basically totally dissociate from your pre-conversion identity. Hate others who shared that identity with you.

Stage 2: Start to discover your pre-Islamic identity but violently deny that you share that with any non-Muslims. Try to claim that exclusively. This is still limited to a very small section of the population. Most folks are in stage 1.

Stage 3: Be totally comfortable with your Muslim identity as well as with your pre-Islamic history. No problem in accepting that the ancient history is a shared heritage and being able to take pride in it without necessarily having to first appropriate that exclusively. this stage has even lesser people than stage 2. But there are some who are here and many of the stage 2 people can gradually progress to this with a little more broadening of their horizons.

It is clear which stage you are at...

Also check my reply below.

You said we have identity crisis because we identify ourselves with Islam and Muslims. We had Pre-Islamic history just like any other Muslim country , culture, tribe and race etc. Arabs were also polytheists,pagans, Jews and Christians before converting into Islam and that's where Islam was started. Same could be said about Persians/turks/Iranians/Africans/Indonesian/Malaysians Muslims etc You would say they also have identity crisis because they don't show any pride in pagan or non Islamic beliefs/practices of their ancestors .

It is not about showing pride in your pre-Islamic past. It is about the compulsive need to deny it actively, denigrate it and trying to change your history by claiming to be descended from invaders like many Pakistanis do.

Let me share some quotes here.

The Muslim heroes who figure larger than life in our history books committed some dreadful crimes. Mahmud of Ghazni, Qutb-ud-Din Aibak, Balban, Mohammed bin Qasim, and Sultan Mohammad Tughlak, all have blood-stained hands that the passage of years has not cleansed. Indeed, the presence of Muslim historians on their various campaigns has ensured that the memory of their deeds will live long after they were buried.

One irony, of course, is that contrary to their wishful thinking, the vast majority of Muslims in the subcontinent have more Hindu blood in their veins than there is Arab, Afghan, Turkish or Persian blood. Many of the invaders took Hindu wives and concubines. And many Hindus converted to Islam to further their military or civil service careers. As a result of this intermingling, despite proud boasts of pure bloodlines, most Pakistanis have many Hindu ancestors.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

I have reproduced some extracts, try and read the full article.

You are suggesting that if someone gave up religious beliefs of their ancestors then they all would have this identity crisis which i don't agree with. We had Pre Islamic history irrespective of whether our ancestors were Hindus/Buddhist/monotheist/pagans/ Zoroastrian etc but whether we have pride in beliefs of those ancestors is different debate.

Another one about the identity issue that many Muslim converts need to deal with and that we see driving this thread.

Islam is in its origins an Arab religion. Everyone not an Arab who is a Muslim is a convert. Islam is not simply a matter of conscience or private belief. It makes imperial demands. A convert’s worldview alters. His holy places are in Arab lands; his language is Arabic. His idea of history alters. He rejects his own; he becomes, whether he likes it or not, a part of the Arab story. The convert has to turn away from everything that is his. The disturbance for societies is immense, and even after a thousand years can remain unresolved; the turning away has to be done again and again. People develop fantasies about who and what they are; and in the Islam of the converted countries there is an element of neurosis and nihilism. These countries can be easily set on the boil.”

You are free to deny it all. I couldn't care less as I don't think we have anything to do with Pakistan after partition.

Whatever we did or didn't share before partition, we share nothing with you now. It is not because we have anything against you, it is just that we don't share your worldview and want to have nothing to do with it.

If there is an address, an exact location for the rift tearing Pakistan apart, and possibly the world, it is a spot 17 miles (28 kilometers) west of Islamabad called the Margalla Pass. Here, at a limestone cliff in the middle of Pakistan, the mountainous west meets the Indus River Valley, and two ancient, and very different, civilizations collide. To the southeast, unfurled to the horizon, lie the fertile lowlands of the Indian subcontinent, realm of peasant farmers on steamy plots of land, bright with colors and the splash of serendipitous gods. To the west and north stretch the harsh, windswept mountains of Central Asia, land of herders and raiders on horseback, where man fears one God and takes no prisoners.

Pakistan - Photo Gallery - National Geographic Magazine

It is in trying to match the two incompatible civilizations across the Margalla pass that you see a lot of the confusion and identity crisis coming in.

Last edited:
Excerpts

………… The more one reads this history, the more it becomes apparent that the Indian subcontinent has two principal geographical regions: the Indus Valley with its tributaries, and the Ganges Valley with its tributaries. Pakistani scholar Aitzaz Ahsan identifies the actual geographical fissure within the subcontinent as the "Gurdaspur-Kathiawar salient," a line running from eastern Punjab southwest to the Arabian Sea in Gujarat. This is the watershed, and it matches up almost perfectly with the Pakistan-India border. Nearly all the Indus tributaries fall to the west of this line, and all the Ganges tributaries fall to the east. Only the Mauryas, Mughals, and British bonded these two regions into single states. ………….

………. Yet, for the overwhelming majority of history, when one empire did not rule both the entire Indus and the entire Ganges, the southern and eastern parts of Afghanistan, most of Pakistan, and northwestern India were nevertheless all governed as one political unit. And the rich and populous Indus Valley, as close to the wild and woolly Central Asian frontier as it was, formed the pulsating imperial center of that unit.

………… Today's political geography is historically unique, however: an Indus Valley state, Pakistan, and a powerful Ganges Valley state, India …………..

………… the re-creation of an Indus state and a Gangetic state upon the demise of the British Raj in 1947 …………..

What's Wrong with Pakistan? - By Robert D. Kaplan | Foreign Policy
:blah:I do not see any references to 9000 years of Pak here or the "Pak civilization" you were talking about. And please don't quote Pak scholar Ahsan, we need neutral sources here. BTW even the first line of your post is ridiculous. There are more than two principal geographic regions in the subcontinent. Indus valley, Ganga Valley and Himalayas in the north and the Deccan plateau in the south among others. And if you have li'l knowledge of history you will know that there are numerous states other than three you mentioned that ruled large parts of both Indus and Ganges valleys like Gupta empire, Pala empire, Delhi sultanates etc. Furthermore Robert D. Kaplan is not a historian. Looks like you are not being able to find historical sources. Historical sources please...:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom