What's new

Simultaneous Attacks in Sinai: Tens of Egyptian Soldiers Killed

@Falcon29

Seems Egypt is violently spiraling out of control.

Unfortunately it looks that way. I don't know how Egyptian president will manage this. He should release Morsi, end political arrests and make inclusive government. If he persists with iron approach, honestly it might get worse. And everyone knows destabilized Egypt would lead to destabilized Jordan/Saudi Arabia. Which would cause economic depression, but also possible Western invasion of ME.

As someone in Egypt would probably say: " aey ya 3am fee aeyyy!!! Aeyda !!"

Why would anyone want to? Currently the only thing that stops one group in the ME shooting the other is to stick an American in the middle so they can both shoot at the yank.

Read rest of post, I stated if rest of ME is destabilized. Then armed struggle against Israel will follow. Global economy would go into recession. West may try securing oil fields or something along those lines. Or if Jordan is destabilized, Israel may launch air strikes. If those don't work, they would need ground invasion. Which they won't risk, and would probably ask West to organize troops. That would lead to open war on ground.

Read rest of post, I stated if rest of ME is destabilized. Then armed struggle against Israel will follow. Global economy would go into recession. West may try securing oil fields or something along those lines. Or if Jordan is destabilized, Israel may launch air strikes. If those don't work, they would need ground invasion. Which they won't risk, and would probably ask West to organize troops. That would lead to open war on ground.

Why when in Iraq, Egypt and Syria are murdering each other would this lead to war with Israel? Lets be honest Gaza doesnt count it barely makes it on the graph, with roughly 5,000,000 Muslims killed in conflicts in the last 30 years Israel isnt the problem.

Deaths in the Middle East | Tableau Public

Oil is 40 dollars a barrel people have finally worked out, oil isnt rare its not even esential, if the ME stoped shipping oil tomorrow the US would yawn and keep stealing it from Canada, so nope no world recession.

Jordanian civil war Israel would stick to the tried and true method build a big fence shoot anyone that comes with in 200m of it and ignore the problem, no ground invasion.

Breaking: Death toll raised to 50

Breaking: Palestinians near Rafah still hear clashes ongoing

Breaking: 4 Egyptian soldiers injured in new attack 'Saadot' outpost

Egypt better not blame us. They closed border. They destroyed tunnels. And they did very wide buffer zone recently....
maybe we should try closing border for ever finishing off all tunnels and deport all palstinians in Egypt

maybe we should try closing border for ever finishing off all tunnels and deport all palstinians in Egypt

Speaking from the iraq expierence, foreigners cannot do much without local support. Realize that most of these attacks are done by a large group of locals who are organized and coordinate precisely. They experienced fighters who have been in Iraq, Syria, and Libya.

They have people within the military, in the government, you name it... They move more intelligence against you then you have against them. The only way is to buy spies from the area, it's really hard planting spies. Get people go join them and take them out from within.

If it escalates it will be impossible to resolve and will eventually turn into an all out war, there will be pro-IS towns and anti-IS towns as we have witnissed on Iraq, then the only way would be to completely wipe out the pro-terrorist towns.

Unfortunately for you the only way to solve the problem is through taking tough measures, but let's not forget Qatari media and money is making the problem much bigger and drawing more people to join terrorism.

Luckily you don't have sunni/Shia so it wouldnt be considered "sectarian cleansing" if anyone is killed as Aljazeera is doing with Iraq.

There are hard days ahead of Egypt. May Allah bless Egypt and ease the victory of the Egyptian people.

اعقل ولك

Speaking from the iraq expierence, foreigners cannot do much without local support. Realize that most of these attacks are done by a large group of locals who are organized and coordinate precisely. They experienced fighters who have been in Iraq, Syria, and Libya.

They have people within the military, in the government, you name it... They move more intelligence against you then you have against them. The only way is to buy spies from the area, it's really hard planting spies. Get people go join them and take them out from within.

If it escalates it will be impossible to resolve and will eventually turn into an all out war, there will be pro-IS towns and anti-IS towns as we have witnissed on Iraq, then the only way would be to completely wipe out the pro-terrorist towns.

Unfortunately for you the only way to solve the problem is through taking tough measures, but let's not forget Qatari media and money is making the problem much bigger and drawing more people to join terrorism.

Luckily you don't have sunni/Shia so it wouldnt be considered "sectarian cleansing" if anyone is killed as Aljazeera is doing with Iraq.

There are hard days ahead of Egypt. May Allah bless Egypt and ease the victory of the Egyptian people.

That's first thing Arabs do, refuse to acknowledge the measures taken by their authoritarian governments have caused anger amongst certain elements of their population. So they throw blame elsewhere.

All these attacks are done by locals who know the area well. But most dumb Egyptians don't know any better. Theyd rather scapegoat Palestinians. And even though their army is blaming Egytpian MB.

This is childish authoritarian regime. And Mahmoud is childish Egyptian who doesn't have brain to think for himself.

Why when in Iraq, Egypt and Syria are murdering each other would this lead to war with Israel? Lets be honest Gaza doesnt count it barely makes it on the graph, with roughly 5,000,000 Muslims killed in conflicts in the last 30 years Israel isnt the problem.

Deaths in the Middle East | Tableau Public

Oil is 40 dollars a barrel people have finally worked out, oil isnt rare its not even esential, if the ME stoped shipping oil tomorrow the US would yawn and keep stealing it from Canada, so nope no world recession.

Jordanian civil war Israel would stick to the tried and true method build a big fence shoot anyone that comes with in 200m of it and ignore the problem, no ground invasion.

Do you know how to read? I said if Egypt falls into civil strife. It would have monopoly effect on Arab world. Jordan would be possibly threatened by ISIS and Saudi Arabia could get into chaos through several scenarios. Israel has said it would launch air strikes in Jordan if ISIS attempts campaign there. And instability in Saudi Arabia will affect oil production. Which could affect global economy. And if Arab governments fall, than there will be armed struggle with Israel. Because the people on ground no longer accept aggression. And will not tolerate a brutal occupation.

Civil wars will end when Arab governments fall and the rest will effect Israel.

Do you know how to read? I said if Egypt falls into civil strife. It would have monopoly effect on Arab world. Jordan would be possibly threatened by ISIS and Saudi Arabia could get into chaos through several scenarios. Israel has said it would launch air strikes in Jordan if ISIS attempts campaign there. And instability in Saudi Arabia will affect oil production. Which could affect global economy. And if Arab governments fall, than there will be armed struggle with Israel. Because the people on ground no longer accept aggression. And will not tolerate a brutal occupation.

Civil wars will end when Arab governments fall and the rest will effect Israel.

I think i can manage to read resonably but if you think my comprehension is the problem perhaps continuing en Francais or pa Ruski would help?

It is not a lack of understanding i simply belive you assumptions are wrong. The military lost control in Egypt, they are not going to loose that control again and will probaly be very brutal in response to any group they percieve to be a threat.

ISIS has enough problems at the moment holding on to what they have without trying to take over Jordan.

Saudia Arabia for all its problems has it good people arent going to get off the gravy train to over throw the goverment.

If and a big IF all the Arab goverments fall and the middle east is in chaos people are going to be too woried about surviving to march on mass towards Israel. In both Iraq and Lybia freedom didnt result in a spotaneous movement to free Palestine it resulted in people fighting over the scraps of the old regiem and more cases of Muslims killing Muslims.

Egyptian Army has killed thousands during protest,this process of genocide was able to stop protest I bet if today if even Israel attacks 60% of Egyptians will not stand behind EA..because if you kill your own peoples you are complete alien to them..

Sinai isnt "out of control" all of a sudden. Ever since the fall of Mubarak and when the police forces abandonded positions post-revolution - there has been a very serious law & order situation in the Sinai. Just a few months ago a bomb attack killed scores of Egyptian soldiers (RIP)

it does not help that there is a fragmentation going on in Libya, which is currently AWASH in weapons of varying kind. Many weapons were either smuggled or sold on the black market and they made their way to Egypt.

It's a tough fight, but not as tough as the insurgency along Afghan-Pak boder. Sinai region is not mountainous, it's fairly barren. I'd be surprised if the Egyptians are not using unmanned aerial systems to monitor areas but they cant be everywhere at one single time

It would be a great time for Pakistan to reach out and offer some of its counter-insurgency expertise. I've always advocated for countries like Pakistan, Egypt, Mexico, Sri Lanka and others to create a platform to share ideas on how to solve the issues of terrorism and how to bring military and civilians on the same page (Egypt is lucky because they are being Presided by an ex general)

Inside reason: Arab world is overcrowding. Politicians dont share resources with the common folk.

Outside reason: Foreign powers are scratching the wounds of Arab world.

valid points....it goes beyond over-crowding though it also goes down to radicalization and unemployment

Back
Top Bottom