What's new

Sikhs in Britain oppose meat plant near gurudwara

Having sat here for a few minutes and considered this predicament in detail, I think it important for this to happen:

The Halal meat company in question should approach the local authority and complain that their application and future plans are being scuppered by the lack of hygiene emanating from the gurdwara.
This in the from of free flowing facial beard hair from the men (and side burn / upper lip hair from the women) which can and will potentially contaminate the packaged meat products.

The halal meat company would be most grateful if strict conditions are imposed on the gurdwara where they have to continuously walk around with plastic bags on their heads (preferably without any holes in them)

Forever yours,

Kaalia

troll_detected_by_irathegreek-d3b3fbs.jpg

Buzz off Kiddo. I have seen enough of you Paindu machos :lol:, so plz give me a break.

Oh, so you finally realized that and is that why you called others Taxi driver?

Lol what the hell is a paindu? I'm can't really speak or understand urdu much. Was one of the reasons i hated going to pakistan because i couldn't socialize with anyone. You called me a lunatic, an idiot, and told me to go to hell. I just said that out of anger. It's not really my nature to insult people unless they push me to the limit.

How much Sikhs agree with prohibition of beef eating in Sikhism?

Anyway if they are offended the plant owner can take proper measures to address Sikhs' grievances

However, the food outlet owner said

'Pakeezah' director Tariq Haq stressed that his business involved only chicken, mutton and lamb.

"We would never dream of doing anything that might cause offence to our neighbours and many of our customers are Sikhs. It will be a modern and hygienic plant with no smells, as all the product arrives below 4 degrees Celsius. We have also had a noise report done which satisfied the council," he said.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/europe...-meat-plant-near-gurudwara.html#ixzz2bpE3WojE

Bro, personally as a Sikh I don't see a problem with it however I can understand why some members of the Gurudwra would.

If establishing a meat shop that sells beef is hurtful to Sikh sentiments then the Halal meat shop should not be established there but elsewhere. Everyone should have enough good judgement to ensure that they do not hurt the religious sentiment of another group. The Sikhs, Hindus and Muslims in Britain and Canada live as brothers. This relationship should not be strained by anything that destroys the harmony prevailant there.

This thread has the potential to drown very quickly into the ****** muck of abuse and name calling and @Aeronaut and other moderators it seems already have a tough job ahead of them. I would advise posters to post without displaying hatred for another religious group. Troll posts and abuse are seriously unwelcome.

Sikhism is a beautiful religion as is Hinduism. Both don't eat beef and it is understandable that they are opposed to the prospect of a meat shop opening in the vicinity of their Gurdwara. It is the time to sit at the table and talk over the matter. It can then be decided where the meat shop can be shifted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom