What's new

Sikh Movie about Indian govt atrocities released : Sadda Haq

From the boundry of Delhi to the banks of Ravi River the population is divided as follows: Muslims, 4,505,000; Sikhs and other non-muslims, 7,060,000. To this may be added the population of Sikh states of Patiala, Nabha, Jind, Kapurthala and Faridkot, which is about 2,600,000, of this Muslims constitute barely 20 percent and this reduces the ratio of Muslim population still further. .....

Dear poster.

you have provided some intriguing stats.

Based on this, Muslims in Punjab were minority 35%, while non-Muslims were 65%. Nothing could be further from truth.

Thank you.

I am not sure if you'll find this convincing as well, but still posting as you asked me to do so...

Dear poster.

My questions were an effort to see exactly where you stand.

1940s were turbulent years.

Lots of ideas were being floated around.

However 1946 Cabinet Mission Plan (CMP) was not about creation of Pakistan. And Jinnah agreed to this plan.

CMP was squarely based on united India. Jinnah agreed to it.

Within the context of united India, there were discussions as to the make up of constituent units. This is where League and Congress agreed on the future makeup of India with constiutional protections for majority Muslim provinces.

However Nehru changed his tune after the CMP meetings were over.

And Jinnah's Direction Action day appeal was to bring Congress back to the CMP they agreed upon.

While announcing Direction Action Day Jinnah did not put any demand for Pakistan.

So any effort to link DA day with creation of Pakistan is historically false and incorrect.

Please note that.

Thank you.

p.s. Direct Action day did not see any large scale violence in Muslim majority states like Sindh, Punjab, Frontier.

Kolkatta became the flash point because of local politics, and not because of Jinnah telling Leagures to go attack Hindus.

Dear poster.

My questions were an effort to see exactly where you stand.

1940s were turbulent years.

Lots of ideas were being floated around.

However 1946 Cabinet Mission Plan (CMP) was not about creation of Pakistan. And Jinnah agreed to this plan.

CMP was squarely based on united India. Jinnah agreed to it.

Within the context of united India, there were discussions as to the make up of constituent units. This is where League and Congress agreed on the future makeup of India with constiutional protections for majority Muslim provinces.

However Nehru changed his tune after the CMP meetings were over.

And Jinnah's Direction Action day appeal was to bring Congress back to the CMP they agreed upon.

Nowhere before Direction Action Day Jinnah demanded Pakistan.

So any effort to link DA day with creation of Pakistan is historically correct.

Please not that.

Thank you.

I think you meant incorrect.

As per my knowledge, DA day was called, in demand for a separate state of Pakistan. That's what I see in the internet as well. But you are saying that DA was declared as an appeal to Congress to bring them back to the CMP which was earlier agreed upon.
I am not aware of this. Probably I can check and get back to u on this.

Thanks!!

But you are saying that DA was declared as an appeal to Congress to bring them back to the CMP which was earlier agreed upon.
I am not aware of this. Probably I can check and get back to u on this.

Thanks!!

Please do.

Remember, we in Pakistan and you guys in India are too busy in daily work.

It gives a chance to the hate mongers on both sides of the border to spread misinformation.

Jinnah may have been bad in many ways, but he never rejected Cabinet Mission Plan (CMP). The Congress did. And Jinnah used for the first time in his life the concept of "civil disobedience" so as to pressure Congress and British government to abide by what they all agreed upon in CMP.

But the Indian history books cannot show this, as this would expose Congress as the trouble maker.

Pakistani history books cannot show this, as it shows that Jinnah the great founder the leader was in fact a pro-India guy even as late as 1946.

And thus the misinformation, the mud-slinging goes on and on.

peace to you

I think you forgot how to calculate the percentage. Let me help you

Total Population: 4505000 + 7060000 + 2600000 = 1,416,5000

Muslim Population = 4505000

% of Muslims in total population: (4505000/14165000) x 100 = 31%

That is still a minority and less than 1/3 of population.

759px-Partition-punjab-spate.jpg

4505000 figure is of East Punjab only

In Sadda Haq movie there is a lesson to learn for Pakistan also

U cant go to war against ur own ppl war will never solve problem it will only make things worse

Back
Top Bottom