What's new

Sikh kidnapped in Peshawar

Indians have voiced that many times.

But that will be limited to india defence only, most of the indian social issues get posted in regional forums.

I fully agree that rules should be followed though. But sometimes some things are difficult to understand. For years around december 10s of threads open on babari destruction, so i opened in thread on temples destruction post babri period in pakistan and BD, it got closed in 36 minutes :)

The unwritten rule is that babri is important, temples not important :) Its difficult to read the unwritten rules.

Fair point, and in the interest of balanced discussion i will empathize with what you are saying in essence. But like i said in my response to jayron and to yourself, i don't make to rules so petition the people who do. But i will say this, i have been on this forum for a very long time and the people here are very, very tolerant and accepting, a good example of outwardly hostile behavior is the policy of banning Pakistani IPs on BRF, and blocking all Pakistanis from joining BRF in any useful discussion.

This promotes a one sided and imbalanced discussion of affairs, one that is not useful nor constructive in any manner. Here on PDF some rules may sound harsh or confusing, but perhaps at the core of it, we are at PDF as a community more accepting and open than most.

really, did you forget to tell the same to Pakistanis popping up with all the rape, SRK, Indian muslim threads on a daily basis? Or you just don't like to be shown the mirror?

We banned Indian social topics long time ago, don't post them and no one will comment on it. Stop poking your damn nose in our internal affairs.

We banned Indian social topics long time ago, don't post them and no one will comment on it. Stop poking your damn nose in our internal affairs.

Come'on do you really think Indians opened those threads? For some reason, Pakistani mods turns blind eyes on the threads created by Pakistanis on Indian local news.. There are already 3 threads running about SRK incident where some idiot said something idiotic to him and we have Pakistani media/Pakistani PDF members using that news to show how bad the poor guy is being treated in India..

Likewise tell your fellow countrymen stop poking their noses into our affairs I can see 3 threads right now on domestic issues of India.

Of course Pakistanis will never open threads to do with minorities in Pakistan they want to hide the issues thats why I had to do it!

Come'on do you really think Indians opened those threads? For some reason, Pakistani mods turns blind eyes on the threads created by Pakistanis on Indian local news.. There are already 3 threads about SRK incident where some idiot said something idiotic to him and we have Pakistani media/Pakistani PDF members using that news to show how bad the poor guy is being treated in India..

Rape thread was requested by some Indian members to be kept open, i myself closed it once and had to reopen upon request. We have banned your social issues for the very reason that we simply don't care nor do we like to poke our nose in anything Indian unless its directly related to our nation. We expect the same from you, these sikhs are our citizens NOT yours, and you don't have the right to beat the chest on what happens in our country.

Ban me 1000 x I will come back and always speak up for minority issues in Pakistan somebody has to
BRTky.jpg

No Sir I am not a badass just a normal guy who respects everyone but if people disrespect me I will let my feelings be known and I do not like hypocrisy.

Why do you not do one thing you guys quit poking your noses into our internal matters and we do the same? sounds a fair deal

on one hand creating propaganda threads with a collage of american war images to gain cheap sympathy and on the other hand not even condemning the atrocities against minorities in your country. No wonder the has no time for Pallywood BS anymore.

Why do you not do one thing you guys quit poking your noses into our internal matters and we do the same? sounds a fair deal

Refer back to post #46, i have no issued with Indians commenting on Pakistani affairs, or any other thread. To deny anyone such permission would be a tad bit over the top to be fair, and i am not a fan of one sided discussions. But do you think that such a step would bring about a cohesive community on PDF? So PDF would have a section only for China Defense, where only Chinese could post, a Pakistani section where only Pakistanis could post and Indian and Bangali and so on and so forth...

I think we need to respect the rules laid down by the forum admins. This applies to everyone, if you have an issue with these rules petition the moderators such as Oscar etc. I don't make the rules, but i do respect them. Furthermore i do understand the need to have a constructive debate on issues of all types and have external input on them from an impartial or even a biased observer is good for ones on analysis and the objectivity of the types of people on this forum.

I would prefer a Objective and tolerant forum community to a segregated pigeonholed website full of cliques.

Refer back to post #46, i have no issued with Indians commenting on Pakistani affairs, or any other thread. To deny anyone such permission would be a tad bit over the top to be fair, and i am not a fan of one sided discussions. But do you think that such a step would bring about a cohesive community on PDF? So PDF would have a section only for China Defense, where only Chinese could post, a Pakistani section where only Pakistanis could post and Indian and Bangali and so on and so forth...

I think we need to respect the rules laid down by the forum admins. This applies to everyone, if you have an issue with these rules petition the moderators such as Oscar etc. I don't make the rules, but i do respect them. Furthermore i do understand the need to have a constructive debate on issues of all types and have external input on them from an impartial or even a biased observer is good for ones on analysis and the objectivity of the types of people on this forum.

I would prefer a Objective and tolerant forum community to a segregated pigeonholed website full of cliques.

WebMaster has stated Indians can not make a single thread on any issue relating to the internal matters of Pakistan which okay is fair enough I accept that afterall this is a Pakistani forum not a Indian one. On the other hand you have senior members like Windjammer making countless threads on the internal matters of India not to mention I have seen 3 threads just today on SRK.

Is this not a tad bit hypocritical in your view? and why is it always left to me to point out issues to do with minorities in Pakistan? I would love it if Pakistanis would do it so I do not have to.

So really in my view the Mods need to get together and come to a consensus where we stand is it going to be one rule for all or we going to nitpick here that is where the confusion is for myself.

WebMaster has stated Indians can not make a single thread on any issue relating to the internal matters of Pakistan which okay is fair enough I accept that afterall this is a Pakistani forum not a Indian one. On the other hand you have senior members like Windjammer making countless threads on the internal matters of India not to mention I have seen 3 threads just today on SRK.

Is this not a tad bit hypocritical in your view? and why is it always left to me to point out issues to do with minorities in Pakistan? I would love it if Pakistanis would do it so I do not have to.

So really in my view the Mods need to get together and come to a consensus where we stand is it going to be one rule for all or we going to nitpick here that is where the confusion is for myself.

Fair point and i accept it. I think debating this any further is pointless, create a petition maybe?

Just saw this thread while browsing and thought I would add a few points.

@Aeronaut but this is an issue we must fix. Personally I believe they shouldn't be raising it but us but the issue with us Pakistanis is we don't feel the pain as much pain for another Pakistani if he belongs to another sect or ethnicity. I have seen it and the ethnic polarization proves it here in Karachi (MQM, ANP, PPP)... its the same with religion. Maybe either we should start raising the issue or we should let the Indians do it. Quaid E Azam gave us a responsibility before he left. He explicitly expostulated us to protect minorities:

Muslims! Protect your Hindu Neighbours. Cooperate with the Government and the officials in protecting your Hindu Neighbours against these lawless elements, fifth columnists and cliques. Pakistan must be governed through the properly constituted Government and not by cliques or fifth columnists or Mobs.

I believe this applies to Sikhs as well. This shouldn't even be raised by them but we should be fixing it.

I remember a time when negative threads were being posted left and right (about 2-3 months ago) about Pakistan and it was allowed. No such thread would find its way in the Indian forums. The issue with both of us is we don't want to see the ugly and negative sides of religious dogma that pervades our countries. We seek to deflect matters of minority rights pertaining to our own country and focus specially on the other. In this it is a good rule-but the thing is again Pakistanis refuse to talk of minorities in their land and Indians in theirs. Both seek to falsely promote minorities in each land are living perfect lives.

Yeti also do note the issue is 13-14 Million people in Pakistan have very strong links to parts which are now in India, the younger generation in most cases not as many but in my case this is different. I have been to Lucknow and other cities now in India more than a dozen times. The link exists. So I feel I have a right to do so though I am trying to tone down on it to merge in the Pakistani fabric within one of the ethnic groups as a separate identity has been a cause of some issues. Many of us have ancestral homes in what is now India. So it can often be hard to stay disengaged with certain issues concerning a certain minority group left there. We have also seen things, especially those immigrants who came after Babri and Gujarat or from Kashmir. They feel inclined to explain their difficulties, a lot of them in the sincere hope that things may be solved.

I believe this is not the case that only you are to point out these issues. I was visiting less often in those days but I posted articles on the Rinkle Kumari and a number of other cases. Jogindar Nath Mandal is my personal hero. I support Raja Dahir as a Pakistani Nationalist in support of Hindus of Sindh.

I believe you think it is beneficial for the Hindus of Pakistan for you to raise issues pertaining to this. That is an incorrect assessment. I often wondered why even the people I know in Hyderabad, Deccan where there were killings wish to maintain no real contact with us. It can be named as a cause for what people call my identity crisis.

Born to a family that calls itself Muhajir for no reason, maintaining links to Firangi Mahal of Lucknow (being Lucknowites) and merged as a Pashtun. Some people think I am crazy including family members. But you have to understand the link.

However even you may have noticed if you have relatives left here that they refuse to maintain a solid link to India. In India the muslims who are closet supporters of Pakistan like my mami and lots of other people I know do the same. Even these people eventually began refusing our moral support and good wishes. The issue in both nations is that being seen to be close to a perceived enemy nation is a crime. For example even top fashion designer Deepak Perwani too was refused entry to a hotel because he was talking on the phone to an Indian client and mentioned India a few times... (i am not sure about this but this was how it was reported) so having a link to one of these nations in either Pakistan or India makes a person's position tenuous.

Therefore when I talked about the petition earlier I said it might be better if Pakistanis signed it rather than Indians but that is a decision I might have to leave to the Hindu community of Pakistan.

The mods are just following the rules, they cannot make exceptions. The issue is our denial of issues in our land and focus on the other. It is a characteristic of both Indians and Pakistanis.

Here it was Quaid E Azam who specifically is demanding us to protect our minorities so I don't think any true Pakistani would warrant or support any of this. We will fight the militants and eliminate them. Furthermore during a time of terror when no one else is safe and there is no law, at such times minorities do bear the brunt of all attacks and brutality. This is a sad truth but when the rest aren't safe people do not feel they can or have the power to protect minorities. You will see the same claim made by some Hindus who say that Muslims are unable to ensure their protection today on account of worsening situation as since 47 areas like Ranchor lines and other places in Karachi have existed as Hindu colonies-the story being that Muslim neighbours protected them from mobs.

Also do note that I found 18-24 kidnapping cases in Peshawar in December 2012 (24 because they are unproven)... all of them were Muslims. So you see media is playing its role in specifically highlighting abuse to minorities which is a good thing. Hopefully some generous individual can offer a donation or offer to pay the ransom amount. People blame us journalists and media for pointing out wrong but wrong is there to be pointed out so action is taken against it. But sometimes they may be right when they say you didn't point out the kidnapping of 24 muslims but singled out 1 sikh and did so. So understand the situation we face.

Also people look at this from a very communal worldview. They have a problem with such threads on India but love this one don't they? So both countries have a fair share of hypocrites when it comes to minorities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom