Siddaramaiah's first move: Lifts ban on cow slaughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nair saab

Reaction score
Country
India
14siddha.jpg

K Siddaramaiah, who took over as the 22nd chief minister of Karnataka [ Images ] on Monday, is all set to face a stormy legislative assembly session. Among the several decisions that he took after being sworn-in was to reverse the previous Bharatiya Janata Party government’s decision banning cow slaughter in the state. :angry: :angry:

The BJP had decided to implement a ban on cow slaughter in Karnataka when it came to power in 2008 and had passed the Karnataka Prevention of Cow Slaughter and Preservation Bill.

This meant that there was a blanket ban on cow slaughter across the state. The same was passed in the legislative assembly. However, Siddaramaiah made it clear that the bill would be withdrawn.
:angry:

This would now lead to a debate on the floor of the House and the BJP, with 40 legislators, has decided to oppose this move.

BJP leader Suresh Kumar, a former law minister, said, “Let it come to the assembly. We will debate it. We had taken the decision to prevent the in-discriminatory slaughter of cattle.”

When the BJP had introduced the amendment bill, the Congress had petitioned the governor and Siddararmaiah had vehemently opposed the same on the floor of the House. He had said that it affects beef-eaters and also those persons who are into transportation of cattle.

It also has an impact on those in the leather industry and the meat packaging industry, he had pointed out.

The BJP, however, decided to go ahead with the amendment bill. As per the amendment bill, slaughtering of cows, calf of a cow and bull, bullock, buffalo male or female and calf of she-buffalo is prohibited. However, if permission is obtained from a competent authority, animals above the age of 15 could be slaughtered.

The original act which was passed in 1964 stated that cows, calves or she-buffaloes cannot be slaughtered. However, it allowed the slaughter of bulls, bullocks and buffaloes provided they were 12 years of age or above and also unfit for breeding, did not give milk or victims of drought.

The bill has been contentious in Karnataka and the movement to ban cow slaughter was strongest in Mangalore. There were protests -- and at times violence -- over this issue and the BJP government had decided to ban cow slaughter despite reservation from the Muslims.

Siddaramaiah's first move: Lifts ban on cow slaughter - Rediff.com India News

Kongress first work after coming to power is Hurt Hindu sentiments...

It is well known that congress is anti Hindu party. For them secularism = anti Hinduism and they want to prove their "secular" credentials
How can these Rascals be Hindu ... One who wants to lift ban on Killing ones own mother... :cry:

uplifts the secular nature of the country. the militant hindu government of karnataka which ruled for 5 years is a dark spot in the history of democratic India. we must wipe this hindu nationalist party.

Beef may not be taken by HIndu, but can be taken by non-Hindus. perfectly normal. this is not a Hindu Caliphate yet to proclaim biased laws like this.

BJP, RSS conducting `terror training` camps: Shinde

uplifts the secular nature of the country. the militant hindu government of karnataka which ruled for 5 years is a dark spot in the history of democratic India. we must wipe this hindu nationalist party.

Beef may not be taken by HIndu, but can be taken by non-Hindus. perfectly normal. this is not a Hindu Caliphate yet to proclaim biased laws like this.

BJP, RSS conducting `terror training` camps: Shinde
Would u like it, if i kill & eat ur mother... For a Hindu Cow is like his mother... :frown:

Would u like it, if i kill & eat ur mother... For a Hindu Cow is like his mother... :frown:

You are the pain in the a55 always trolling about Pakistani issue so why are you crying now?

No body in the south cared about cow slaughter a decade ago. Now this issue is slowly creeping in, thanks to BJP. It goes to show how a society's priorities and opinions can be altered by the state. Karnataka was never a communal state in the past but it is not the case now. I hope both the parties tone down this dangerous game for the nation's sake.

Please show me one express command by any God to not eat beef, an explicit command- not something that beats around the bush. Before the Islamic pillaging of this land Hinduism allowed consumption of all sorts of meat, its only when Hinduism regressed into its shell because of the invaders that these foolish notions entered our religion.

Does the Geeta ask us not to consume beef? Do the vedas?

but Non-Hindus don't think So. you can vomit your RSS terrorist sh1t here. that is not going to change others eating habits. btw, militant Hindus are loosing. sorry!

I have no doubt about Saffron terror's capability to kill other's mothers(Gujarat?) afterall sakha classes are worth every seconds? Go, get admitted for cult rehabilitation immediately, perhaps PDF may fund for your rehabilitation.

Please show me one express command by any God to not eat beef, an explicit command- not something that beats around the bush. Before the Islamic pillaging of this land Hinduism allowed consumption of all sorts of meat, its only when Hinduism regressed into its shell because of the invaders that these foolish notions entered our religion.

Even if it did, govt has no right to enforce it.

but Non-Hindus don't think So. you can vomit your RSS terrorist sh1t here. but, militant Hindus are loosing. sorry!

"Take it easy" as your namesake suggests.You may disagree with @Nair saab, so do I, but it does not call for labeling. He is a citizen of our country and he gets to rationally present his complaint..its his right. No need to call him a terrorist for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

I dont need to prove a Mlechha anything about my religion ... & its teaching ... do even know what Geeta is ... first go & learn that Geeta is not the only principle book of Hindus ...

Even if it did, govt has no right to enforce it.

Yaara I was just limiting the question to a religious trope. In a secular nation a government indeed cannot enforce such a law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom