What's new

Should we watch Pakistani movies even if they're bad? Hareem Farooq thinks so

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
When asked about whether it's okay to say 'support local cinema' even when folks say a film is terrible, she replied, "I'd say that's true. You need to own everything right now."

She went on to say, "Bollywood, Hollywood, Tamilwood, they're centuries old, while Pakistani cinema is probably just six years old. We talk about making something out of our country, and we want to take our cinema abroad. We want to tell people that what you get to see in the news is not Pakistan or the one you get to hear about from people who don't even know what Pakistan is, right? You need to tell people that this is Pakistan; it is beautiful, it has colours, it has talent, it has everything."

"So, even if there is a bad film, you need to understand and our audiences need to understand, that we don't have the technicians, the writers, or even the actors for films. Everyone is learning and the only reason why people are doing films is passion and it's just purely passion, trust me on this."
https://images.dawn.com/news/118346...es-even-if-theyre-bad-hareem-farooq-thinks-so

Go spend 2 grand to support Pakistani movies and these useless actors lifestyle. With family make that Rs10,000 just to watch movie with popcorn and drink.

Thanks but no thanks, why on earth would we want to watch Z grade copies of C grade indian movies?

Just watch paray hut love trailer, it look like a Indian movie from 40 years ago.

WTF lmao how about NO? :lol: And since when is Pakistan cinema only 6 years old, is that when Hareem made her first film?
The modern Karachi based cinema really is 6 years old the old Lahore based cinema has died a slow and painful death

How about Pakistani cinema work harder to improve their quality so it becomes more attractive for people automatically. Why are we Pakistanis in a habbit of begging rather than working harder?

The modern Karachi based cinema really is 6 years old the old Lahore based cinema has died a slow and painful death

So basically when Hareem made her first film lol

Yes plain and simple No. How about supporting your own industry and make them to work harder. What so special about Indian movies anyway since they have ran out of ideas and steam and trying to copy Western sector by showing you half clad women. F**king liberal strikes again.

Watch whatever you want no one is stopping you

Lahore based cinema has died a slow and painful death
Lahore based cinema Matlab ishtihari gujjar jagga tax cinema right

Indian/Pakistani cinema is just trashy love stores; Indians just have better cinematography to sell, plus the naked ladies. The same goes to home tv stuff. Just rehashed rape stories. I'd run out of fingers of writing down the name of dramas in which a girl gets raped right in the first episode. I'm all for raising voices against injustices but this is all just too much.

I don't want to watch C grade bollywood. I can have songs ,item dance and p *rn separately.

I just want good stories mostly based on reality and history of our land doesn't matter even if we produce less. Look at Moula jutt, how it's trailer got appreciation bcoz it has local flavour.

since most of the movies Pakistan producing these days have TV series crews it more feels like a tele film then a cinema worth movie.

Indian movies suck these days as well last good movie was 3 idiots

I don't want to watch C grade bollywood. I can have songs ,item dance and p *rn separately.

I just want good stories mostly based on reality and history of our land doesn't matter even if we produce less. Look at Moula jutt, how it's trailer got appreciation bcoz it has local flavour.
we need to produce cinema stars currently we have so many TV stars who are doing movies.

Pakistani cinema needs to diversify itself by experimenting with different genres. So far all you get to see are either a girl and a guy thing or some angle on terrorism. What's really cringe worthy are those wedding songs with 100's of people dancing on screen, almost all Pakistani films have these cliche wedding numbers. :bad:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom