What's new

Should we watch Pakistani movies even if they're bad? Hareem Farooq thinks so

Why should we watch third class copies that neither represent our culture nor offer any creative content. Bullshit. I would rather prefer watching Irani, Turkish and Hollywood movies than the crap they are producing in Pakistan which is just the copy of Bollywood.
Pakistani film industry needs to develop its own identity which reflects Pakistani culture.

Film industry isn't necessary for the survival of Pakistan why some people give too much importance to film industry
The reason is millions of people watch movies. Though I personally think people can live perfectly without watching the crap and in fact humans are lived without watching the crap for thousands of years. In fact, people's health will improve if they start doing sports instead of watching the crap while sitting in their couches. In developed countries, people spend a lot more time on physical activity to stay fit, healthy and looking good instead of watching movies. They sleep at around 0:00 PM and wake up early while in Pakistan especially in Lahore it is inverted.

When asked about whether it's okay to say 'support local cinema' even when folks say a film is terrible, she replied, "I'd say that's true. You need to own everything right now."

She went on to say, "Bollywood, Hollywood, Tamilwood, they're centuries old, while Pakistani cinema is probably just six years old. We talk about making something out of our country, and we want to take our cinema abroad. We want to tell people that what you get to see in the news is not Pakistan or the one you get to hear about from people who don't even know what Pakistan is, right? You need to tell people that this is Pakistan; it is beautiful, it has colours, it has talent, it has everything."

"So, even if there is a bad film, you need to understand and our audiences need to understand, that we don't have the technicians, the writers, or even the actors for films. Everyone is learning and the only reason why people are doing films is passion and it's just purely passion, trust me on this."
https://images.dawn.com/news/118346...es-even-if-theyre-bad-hareem-farooq-thinks-so

No hun, you guys need to be innovative and produce stuff that people want to watch.
With Bollwyood gone I feel Hollywood will make bigger inroads.

Film industry isn't necessary for the survival of Pakistan why some people give too much importance to film industry
It is more important than you think in this day and age, it can help create a soft image of a culture, or country.

It is more important than you think in this day and age, it can help create a soft image of a culture, or country.
No it can't help films are just for entertainment purposes dramatic sceanes love stories action for time pass

I mean why . Apny Ghar Ka paka khatay hua .... To mulk Ka bna hua kiu nai
When asked about whether it's okay to say 'support local cinema' even when folks say a film is terrible, she replied, "I'd say that's true. You need to own everything right now."

She went on to say, "Bollywood, Hollywood, Tamilwood, they're centuries old, while Pakistani cinema is probably just six years old. We talk about making something out of our country, and we want to take our cinema abroad. We want to tell people that what you get to see in the news is not Pakistan or the one you get to hear about from people who don't even know what Pakistan is, right? You need to tell people that this is Pakistan; it is beautiful, it has colours, it has talent, it has everything."

"So, even if there is a bad film, you need to understand and our audiences need to understand, that we don't have the technicians, the writers, or even the actors for films. Everyone is learning and the only reason why people are doing films is passion and it's just purely passion, trust me on this."
https://images.dawn.com/news/118346...es-even-if-theyre-bad-hareem-farooq-thinks-so

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom